<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Australia sends team to Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-15 14:17

          Australia, unable to verify a report that two of its citizens had been taken hostage in Iraq, said on Wednesday it had sent a logistics team to the country and still was trying to account for all of its nationals there.

          More than 36 hours after the original report based on a type-written statement issued in southern Iraq, Australia had had no further word. Groups that seize foreigners in Iraq usually provide some evidence to identify the people they are holding.
          While saying the hostage-taking claim could be a hoax, Australian officials on Tuesday activated a contingency plan which included putting hostage negotiators on standby.

          A logistics team also flew out of the western city of Perth on Tuesday but Foreign Minister Alexander Downer denied a report in The Australian newspaper on Wednesday that it was a team of 12-30 elite SAS soldiers.

          "They're people just to assist on the ground, they're not SAS soldiers or ... storm troopers or anything," Downer said.

          In the statement distributed on Monday in Samarra, a rebel stronghhold north of Baghdad, a group calling itself the Iraqi Islamic Secret Army said the Australian hostages would be killed unless Prime Minister John Howard announced the withdrawal of Australia's 850 troops from in and around Iraq within 24 hours.

          Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs said it had so far accounted for 221 Australians out of a possible 229 citizens in Iraq.

          Downer earlier said that the likely numbers of Australians in Iraq were "a moveable feast" but added he could not rule out the possibility Australians had been taken hostage.

          He said the embassy had also been in contact with 14 security firms working in Iraq. "None of those security firms have any knowledge of anybody being taken hostage," he said.

          Howard said he was guardedly optimistic the claim would turn out to be a hoax.

          "I suppose as each hour goes by, you grow cautiously more hopeful but I don't think we should think that it still may not be true," Howard told Australian radio.

          Australia's role in the US-led war in Iraq has become an important issue in an Oct. 9 election, with opposition Labor saying in the past it wants the troops home by Christmas if it wins office.

          Howard's conservative government is adamant the troops will remain as long as they are needed.

          Australia's election has attracted international attention because it precedes two others likely to be fought largely on security and the war on terror + the US presidential vote on Nov. 2 and a British election expected in May or June.

          Australia's Labor opposition was angry that it was not consulted before the logistics team left on Tuesday, claiming it was a breach of caretaker provisions which require the opposition to be consulted on all major initiatives before an election.

          "I have no idea as to why the defence team's being sent, it's purpose," Latham told Australian radio.

          "... if we were to win this election in three-and-a-half weeks time we'd be in charge of the operation," he said.

          Australia angered Spain and the Philippines in July when it accused them of encouraging terrorists by pulling their troops out of Iraq. The Philippines brought their troops home early to save the life of a Filipino hostage.

          Downer stressed that the hostage negotiating team being put on stand-by did not signal a change in Australian policy.

          "We would do everything we possibly could to get Australians released, short of giving in to blackmail," he said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US Congress resolution on HK strongly opposed

           

             
           

          Hu: Western systems a "dead end" for China

           

             
           

          China pushes for talks on Korean issue

           

             
           

          Financial criminals get tough penalty

           

             
           

          CPC enhances fight against corruption

           

             
           

          Blood reserve growing in quality, quantity

           

             
            Insurgents target Iraqi police; 59 dead
             
            US, Europe differ on Iran strategy
             
            1.2 million flee New Orleans ahead of Ivan
             
            Pakistan parliament approves nuclear controls bill
             
            Turkey backs off plan to outlaw adultery
             
            Pentagon delays MDS test, again: report
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲尤码不卡av麻豆| 日韩美女亚洲性一区二区| 日本久久久免费高清| 日本不卡的一区二区三区| 亚洲永久精品ww47永久入口| 精品一精品国产一级毛片| 亚洲国产精品成人综合色在| 国产在线欧美日韩精品一区| 亚洲色偷偷偷综合网| 曰韩高清砖码一二区视频| 日韩最新中文字幕| 电影在线观看+伦理片| 亚洲永久精品ww47永久入口| 日本一区二区在线高清观看| 国产精品高清一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产av区一区二| 午夜福利影院不卡影院| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 中国老太婆video| 中文字幕人妻第一区| 国产乱人伦真实精品视频| 真实国产熟睡乱子伦视频| 中文国产不卡一区二区| 国产v综合v亚洲欧美大天堂| 亚洲在线一区二区三区四区| 漂亮的保姆hd完整版免费韩国| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区中| 视频一区二区三区高清在线| 深夜宅男福利免费在线观看| 五月婷婷深开心五月天| 亚洲精品国产成人av蜜臀| 亚洲精品日本久久久中文字幕| 人妻精品久久无码区| 精品国产精品午夜福利| 久久精品熟女亚洲av艳妇| 国产精品乱人伦一区二区| 国产精品一区二区色综合| 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添无码 | 国产精品高清视亚洲精品| 国产成人亚洲综合图区| 亚洲天堂一区二区久久|