<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq suicide attack kills 20, injures 16
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-18 23:01

          A suicide attacker detonated a car bomb near a crowd of people waiting to apply for jobs with the Iraqi National Guard in the northern city of Kirkuk on Saturday, killing at least 20 people and wounding 16, officials said.

          Also Saturday, videotape surfaced showing two Americans and a Briton kidnapped two days ago from their house in central Baghdad. Masked gunmen in the footage threatened to kill the men in 48 hours unless female inmates are released from two Iraqi prisons.

          An Iraqi fireman runs next to a burning car, following an explosion near a police station in Rashid Street in central Baghdad, September 17, 2004. [Reuters]
          An Iraqi fireman runs next to a burning car, following an explosion near a police station in Rashid Street in central Baghdad, September 17, 2004. [Reuters]

          The gunmen claim to be from the al-Qaida-linked group Tawhid and Jihad, which is led by Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and has carried out a number of attacks and kidnappings. The video was the first word on Americans Jack Hensley and Eugene Armstrong and Briton Kenneth Bigley since their abduction Thursday. The authenticity of the tape could not be verified.

          In the footage, each hostage — sitting on the floor wearing a white blindfold, head slightly bowed — identifies himself, then says, "My job consists of installing and furnishing camps at Taji base." Taji, a U.S. base, is 15 miles north of Baghdad.

          They appeared unharmed and sat through most of the 3 1/2-minute video, part of which was initially aired on the Arab television station Al-Jazeera. The full video later surfaced on a Web site known for its Islamic militant content.

          The Kirkuk car bombing was the third this week targeting Iraq's beleaguered security forces. The escalating violence has put new pressure on Iraqis working to restore stability in their country — but seen as collaborators because of their cooperation with U.S. forces.

          In further fighting Saturday, explosions went off near Baghdad's airport, and plumes of black smoke were seen rising from the area. The treacherous stretch of the road is the site of daily attacks against U.S. troops and their supply convoys. There was no immediate word on casualties from the blasts.

          West of Baghdad, residents found the body of Anbar province's deputy governor, who was kidnapped earlier this month, hospital officials said Saturday. Bassem Mohammed's body was found Friday evening near Ramadi General Hospital, said Dr. Abdel Munim Aftan, the facility's director.

          On Friday, at least 52 people were killed in nationwide violence. Dozens died in a wave of U.S. airstrikes in and around the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah, west of Baghad, targeting fighters loyal to al-Zarqawi.

          In Kirkuk, the street outside the guard headquarters was littered with bloodied bodies, debris and shards of glass. Ambulances with sirens wailing rushed to the site of the explosion and firefighters doused flames leaping up from a burning car.

          Kirkuk's National Guard chief, Maj. Gen Anwar Mohammed Amin, said at least 20 died and 16 were wounded in the attack.

          "I saw a speeding car crossing an open field heading toward the would-be recruits, then there was a huge explosion and a big fire," said Asu Ahmed, a street vendor. "There were many dead and injured people and I helped put them in ambulances."

          Initial reports indicated that the victims were civilians and that no guardsmen or U.S soldiers were killed or wounded, said Maj. Thomas Williams, as spokesman for the Army's 2nd Brigade, 25th Infantry Division. He said guardsmen opened fire as the suicide attacker sped toward the building before the car blew up.

          "This a terrorist act and all the victims are young Iraqis who just wanted to make living by joining the Iraqi National Guard," said police Col. Sarhat Qadir.

          Saturday's bombing came exactly a week after another suicide attacker detonated a car bomb outside an Iraqi police academy in Kirkuk as hundreds of trainees and civilians were leaving for the day. That attack killed 20 people and wounded 36.

          The Iraqi National Guard is the centerpiece of U.S.-backed efforts to build a strong Iraqi security force capable of taking over security operations in many towns and cities from American troops before January elections.

          A wave of bombings, mortar attacks and shooting sprees targeting police forces and potential recruits has killed hundreds of people nationwide. On Friday, a suicide attacker rammed an explosives-packed vehicle into a row of police cars in the capital, killing at least three, days after a car bomb near a Baghdad police station left dozens dead.

          The Americans insisted Saturday that the militants' campaign of violence won't succeed.

          "The continued targeting of Iraqi Security Forces shows the desperation of anti-Iraqi forces as they recognize the continued improvement and capability of the Iraqi National Guard and Iraqi Police," said Maj. Neal O'Brien of the Army's 1st Infantry Division.

          In the video aired Saturday, Al-Jazeera's announcer said Tawhid and Jihad, the militant group led by al-Zarqawi, warned that the three would be executed within 48 hours unless the United States and Britain release female Iraqi inmates from Abu Ghraib and Umm Qasr prisons. Umm Qasr prison is in southern Iraq, where British troops are stationed.

          Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, said coalition forces do not hold any women at Abu Ghraib or at Camp Bucca, a U.S. detention facility near Umm Qasr.

          "The only females we hold are two high-value detainees, which are kept with the other approximately 100 high-value detainees in a separate, secure location," Johnson said.

          A British diplomat in Baghdad said the Embassy was aware of the tape but would not comment on the report. U.S. Embassy officials were not immediately available.

          Earlier in Baghdad, a roadside bomb exploded in a small sidestreet in the city center Saturday, killing one man and seriously wounding two in a passing car, police and witnesses said.

          Residents identified the three men as Iraqis who worked as security guards at a nearby hotel where civilian contractors and other Westerners involved in Iraq's reconstruction effort are known to live and work.

          Also Saturday, a senior official with Iraq's state-run North Oil Co. survived an assassination attempt when his convoy came under attack in the northeastern city of Mosul, police said.

          Mohammed Zibari, the head of the company's oil products department in the Nineveh province, was traveling in a three-vehicle convoy on his way to work in Mosul when unidentified gunmen opened fire, killing five of his bodyguards and wounding four others, said police Lt. Mohammed Ali.

          Zibari, who is in charge of supplying the province with oil and gas, escaped unharmed, Ali said. Two cars were badly damaged in the attack.

          Insurgents have repeatedly targeted Iraq's crucial oil infrastructure in a bid to destabilize Iraq and undermine the U.S.-backed interim authorities.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Huge sum to be put into social security

           

             
           

          Sirens wail across China to mark 1931 attack

           

             
           

          Iraq suicide attack kills 20, injures 16

           

             
           

          New standards on air conditioners released

           

             
           

          Putin: Complicit West harbours terrorists

           

             
           

          National Day holiday marks tourism test

           

             
            Car bomb kills 20 in Kirkuk, Iraq
             
            Baghdad violence leaves at least 52 dead
             
            UN Security Council to vote on Sudan resolution
             
            Bush striking new tone in UN address
             
            Indonesia to choose between the old and not so new
             
            Putin: Complicit West harbours terrorists
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Car bomb kills 20 in Kirkuk, Iraq
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 夜夜嗨久久人成在日日夜夜| 国内精品伊人久久久久av| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 性做久久久久久久| 成人欧美一区二区三区| 日本东京热不卡一区二区| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 国内精品久久久久影视| 国产一区在线播放av| 在线无码免费看黄网站| 少妇av一区二区三区无码| 免费人成网上在线观看网址| 97久久精品人人做人人爽| 无码国内精品久久人妻蜜桃| 日韩色图区| 国产一区在线播放无遮挡| 亚洲熟女乱色一区二区三区| 在线观看mv的免费网站| 亚洲熟妇熟女久久精品综合| 国产一精品一av一免费| 精品福利视频导航| 精品一区二区不卡免费| 婷婷综合缴情亚洲| 精品无码国产污污污免费| 久久久久亚洲A√无码| 理论片一区| 久久精品国产99精品亚洲| 爱性久久久久久久久| 视频一区视频二区视频三| 亚洲一区二区精品动漫| 亚洲午夜福利在线观看| 亚洲无人区码二码三码区| 日韩精品国产二区三区| 日本阿v片在线播放免费| 少妇被无套内谢免费看| 久久这里只精品热免费99| 成人精品网一区二区三区| 色综合久久久久综合体桃花网| 熟妇无码熟妇毛片| 久操线在视频在线观看|