<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Militants threaten to behead US, UK hostages in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-18 23:34

          Insurgents threatened to behead two Americans and a Briton captured in Baghdad on Saturday and launched a suicide car bomb attack on Iraqi security forces in the northern city of Kirkuk that killed at least 23 people.

          In Internet video footage the three hostages were shown kneeling blindfolded on the ground, with a hooded gunman aiming his weapon at the head of one of the captives.

          The gunman said the Tawhid and Jihad group led by Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi would kill the men unless female Iraqi prisoners were freed from two Iraqi jails within 48 hours.

          "Tawhid and Jihad sets a 48-hour deadline for the release of all our Muslim sisters in Abu Ghraib and Umm Qasr prisons or else, by God, these three hostages will have their throats slit to set an example," the militant said.

          The US military said no women were held at either jail.

          Zarqawi's group has claimed responsibility for many of the bloodiest attacks in Iraq, and in May released video foootage of the beheading of US hostage Nicholas Berg.

          Guerrilla violence and instability across Iraq have undermined the authority of the US-backed Iraqi government and raised doubts that elections can be held in January as planned.

          In the third major suicide attack this week against Iraq's beleaguered security forces, a car bomber on Saturday killed at least 23 people outside the headquarters of the Iraqi National Guard in the northern city of Kirkuk, hospital officials said.

          The bomb ripped through a crowd of people waiting to apply for jobs at the offices in Kirkuk, 250km (155 miles) north of Baghdad. Iraqis queuing up to join the country's security forces have repeatedly been targeted by guerrillas.

          Body parts, shoes and debris littered the dirt road outside the headquarters. Firefighters doused flames from a mangled car, and ambulances ferried the wounded to hospital.

          HUNDREDS KILLED

          Hundreds of Iraqis have been killed over the past week in a surge of violence. The United States has conceded that elections could not be held under current security conditions but says it has launched a mission to regain control of rebel-held areas by the end of the year so the polls can go ahead on time.

          On Saturday afternoon, a suspected suicide car bomb targeted a US military convoy on the road to Baghdad's international airport. The US military said three soldiers were wounded in the blast, which shattered windows of houses in the area and sent thick black smoke spiralling into the sky.

          There has been a wave of car bomb attacks over the last week. On Tuesday, a suicide bomb outside a police headquarters building in Baghdad killed at least 47 people, many of whom had been queuing up to apply for jobs with the police. It was the deadliest attack in the capital in six months.

          Washington regards Zarqawi as its top foe in Iraq and says he has links to al Qaeda. It has offered $25 million for information leading to his death or capture.

          The US military has mounted a series of air strikes around the guerrilla stronghold of Falluja targeting Zarqawi's network and says dozens of his fighters have been killed in recent days.

          The three hostages threatened with death, Americans Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley and Briton Kenneth Bigley, were seized from a house in Baghdad by a group of armed men on Thursday. On the Internet footage they gave their names and said they were employed furnishing a base at Taji, north of Baghdad.

          British Prime Minister Tony Blair said his government was doing all in its power to help but he avoided a public response to the insurgents threatening to kill Bigley.

          HOSTAGE CRISIS

          More than 100 foreigners from dozens of countries have been snatched in the last six months. Most were later released but around 30 have been killed, sometimes by beheading.

          At least seven Westerners are being held, including two male French journalists and two female Italian aid workers.

          Mohammed al-Zibari, a senior official in the state-run North Oil Company, survived an assassination attempt on Saturday when gunmen attacked his convoy in the northern city of Mosul with automatic gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades, police said. Four of his bodyguards were killed.

          Guerrillas frequently attack the country's oil infrastructure as part of a campaign to stall reconstruction.

          In the city of Ramadi, police said they had found the body of the deputy provincial governor. He had been shot dead.

          In Britain, leaked Foreign Office documents showed Foreign Secretary Jack Straw raised the issue of postwar chaos in Iraq before the war to oust Saddam Hussein began.

          "No one has satisfactorily answered how there can be any certainty that the replacement regime will be any better," the Daily Telegraph quoted Straw as saying in a note to Blair marked "secret and personal."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu takes over as CPC military commission chief

           

             
           

          China completes orderly power transfer

           

             
           

          Iraq group shows tape of beheading 3 Kurds

           

             
           

          WHO urges sharing of bird flu case samples

           

             
           

          Corrupt land minister expelled from CPC

           

             
           

          Bomb threat postpones Beijing trade fair

           

             
            Tropical storm Jeannee kills at least 90 in Haiti
             
            Iraq group shows tape of beheading 3 Kurds
             
            Israeli missile kills top militant in Gaza Strip
             
            Hostages face death in Iraq
             
            Fringe parties see gains in German vote
             
            Microsoft expands sharing of source code
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 啦啦啦高清在线观看视频www| 免费无码又爽又刺激网站| 免费国产小视频在线观看| 一区二区三区午夜福利院| japanese无码中文字幕| 极品蜜桃臀一区二区av| 国内精品久久人妻无码不卡 | 九九热在线精品视频观看| 国产成人无码A在线观看不卡| 99久久亚洲综合网精品| AV无码免费不卡在线观看| 欧美亚洲h在线一区二区| 伊人久久大香线蕉综合5g| 国产男生午夜福利免费网站| 中文字幕有码高清日韩| 亚洲精品一区国产| 亚洲一区二区三区啪啪| 欧美日韩精品综合在线一区 | 精品亚洲无人区一区二区| 国产精品伦人视频免费看| 久久精品国产精品亚洲 | 亚洲深深色噜噜狠狠网站| 精品中文字幕一区在线| 伊人久久大香线蕉网av| 国内精品久久久久影院蜜芽| 91网址在线播放| 日韩免费视频一一二区| 人妻无码一区二区三区四区| 麻豆亚洲精品一区二区| 国产无遮挡18禁无码网站免费 | 成人免费无码大片a毛片| 亚洲av网一区天堂福利| 麻豆精品在线| 99re视频在线| 18av千部影片| 人人超碰人摸人爱| 夜夜添无码一区二区三区| 色呦呦 国产精品| 就去色最新网址| 亚洲VA欧美VA国产综合| 日本亚洲成高清一区二区三区|