<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel claims killing of Hamas operative
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-27 09:05

          In a hit claimed by Israeli security officials, a senior Hamas operative was killed in a car bombing Sunday outside his house in Damascus, the first such killing of a leader of the Islamic militant group in Syria.

          Izz Eldine Subhi Sheik Khalil, 42, died instantly in the explosion, which wounded three bystanders. Witnesses said he was speaking on his mobile phone as he put his white Mitsubishi SUV in reverse before it exploded about 10 yards from his home.

          Analysts said the killing appeared designed as much to warn the Syrians as to keep Hamas off balance.

          Syria called the killing "cowardly" and top Hamas leaders, already taking extraordinary security precautions, went deeper underground. The killing threatened to take the Palestinian-Israeli conflict to new levels, with conflicting remarks from Hamas on whether it too would begin targeting Israeli interests abroad.

          Security officials in Jerusalem, speaking anonymously, acknowledged involvement, though the Israeli government issued no statement. It had been warning for weeks that members of the group would not be safe in Syria.

          Israel's ability to infiltrate the Hamas leadership in Damascus will likely to further rattle the group after Israel killed Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin and his successor as Gaza leader, Abdel Aziz Rantisi, in missile strikes this year.

          The Syrian Interior Ministry said in a terse statement carried by the official news agency, SANA, that Khalil had not engaged in any militant activity inside Syrian territory, and that authorities were investigating the explosion.

          SANA later quoted an unidentified government official as saying that "this terrorist operation constitutes a dangerous development for which Israel bears responsibility."

          Ahmad Haj Ali, an adviser to the Syrian information minister, described the assassination as a "terrorist and cowardly action."

          "This is not the first warning" Israel has tried to convey to Syria, Haj Ali said. "What happened indicates that Israel's aggression has no limits."

          The killing, he said, "was meant to deliver a message to the entire world that says: 'We (Israelis) are capable of striking anywhere in accordance with the Israeli agenda.'"

          Haitham Kilani, a Syrian political analyst, said the assassination was an "Israeli-American message" that Syria should take seriously. He predicted more assassinations if Syria "shelters and protects the Palestinian movements struggling against Israel."

          The killing also was a clear warning to top Hamas officials, who have stayed largely out of sight since Sept. 2, when the group claimed responsibility for the Aug. 31 twin suicide bombing in southern Israel that killed 16 Israelis. Hamas has carried out numerous suicide bombings and killed hundreds of Israelis. After the Beersheba attack Israel warned Syria that it was ultimately responsible for actions of the groups it sheltered.

          Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal, who also has been based in Damascus, resurfaced in Cairo, Egypt, last week, where he again granted media interviews, spoke out against Israel and acknowledged taking extra security precautions. He was believed to have left Cairo, but would not say where he was going. Syria has denied evicting him from Damascus.

          A Hamas statement published on the group's Web site said Israel "has opened a new door for the struggle by transferring the battle outside the land of Palestine," hinting it might expand operations against the Jewish state to its interests outside Israel.

          But a Hamas spokesman in Lebanon, Osama Hamdan, denied any decisions have been made.

          "So far, there is no change in the policies of Hamas," he told The Associated Press in Beirut.

          The group's militant wing in the Gaza Strip would decide on retaliation, which Hamdan said will come at the "appropriate time and place."

          Police were seen recovering pieces of Khalil's body from the mangled and bloodstained car. Debris and broken glass were scattered at the site, which was sealed by police. Five other cars outside Khalil's home were damaged.

          Khalil may have been targeted because he lived outside the well-guarded Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp. His home was on the ground floor of the 10-story building in al-Zahraa, where he moved with his family about a year ago. The neighborhood is modest and densely populated, with residents living in towering apartments with shops on their ground floor and old, single-story stone houses.

          On Friday, the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper reported that an Arab intelligence service had given Israel information on Hamas leaders abroad, including where they lived, what their hobbies were and even what food they ate. It cited unidentified Arab sources in Europe.

          A member of the Hamas political bureau, Mohammed Nazzal, told The Associated Press in Cairo that Khalil worked for Hamas in the Gaza Strip until he was expelled by Israel in 1992.

          Israel has killed many Hamas leaders in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, but Sunday's assassination in Damascus was the first of its kind outside the Palestinian territories. Israel tried to assassinate Mashaal in Jordan in 1997.

          Sunday's action inside Syria was the first by Israel since October last year when Israel sent its warplanes to bomb a base of the Islamic Jihad, another Palestinian militant group that launches attacks against Israel targets. The air attack, the first in two decades, was retaliation for a Jihad suicide bombing at a restaurant in Haifa where 19 people were killed.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Experts suggest: Encourage megacities

           

             
           

          Taiwan people protest Chen's arms purchase

           

             
           

          Exporters to enjoy less EU preference

           

             
           

          Bush: Iran will not get nuclear weapon

           

             
           

          Shanghai expecting third baby boom to hit

           

             
           

          Premier pushes for stronger Russian ties

           

             
            Latest hurricane kills six in Florida
             
            Pearl slaying suspect killed in Pakistan
             
            Bush: Iran will not get nuclear weapon
             
            Iraq commander accused of militant links
             
            Jeanne tears across Bahamas toward Florida
             
            DPRK missile site movements said continuing
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产亚洲精品成人无码精品网站| 久久精品国产国产精品四凭| 777米奇色狠狠俺去啦| 成人国产在线看不卡| 总裁与秘书啪啪日常h| 激情综合网五月婷婷| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品无码专区| 免费可以在线看a∨网站| 成人网站国产在线视频内射视频| 国产成人啪精品视频免费APP | 性饥渴少妇AV无码毛片| 亚洲欧美丝袜精品久久| 久99久热免费视频播放| 乱人伦无码中文视频在线| 2020最新无码福利视频| 日韩美女视频一区二区三区| 精品伊人久久久香线蕉| 久久激情亚洲中文字幕| 亚洲欧洲日韩精品在线| 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载| 欧洲成人在线观看| 日韩有码av中文字幕| 国产午夜精品理论大片| 日韩伦理片| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 国产成人最新三级在线视频| 久久精品国产亚洲αv忘忧草| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2020| 18黑白丝水手服自慰喷水| 久久精品国产亚洲av天海翼| 久热这里只有精品12| 伊人成人在线视频免费| 亚洲国产日韩一区三区| 最近的最新的中文字幕视频| 推特国产午夜福利在线观看| 亚洲国产精品综合久久20| 熟女少妇精品一区二区| 国产日韩一区二区天美麻豆| 成人福利一区二区视频在线| 乱人伦中文字幕成人网站在线|