<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Blair won't apologize over Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-13 22:18

          Prime Minister Tony Blair vigorously denied on Wednesday that he misrepresented intelligence about Iraqi weapons before the war, rejecting growing demands in Parliament to apologize for misleading his country.

          Blair again accepted that British intelligence pointing to stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons was flawed, but he insisted he had been right to back the U.S.-led invasion.

          "I take full responsibility and apologize for any information given in good faith that has subsequently turned out to be wrong," Blair told the House of Commons, in a stormy session dominated by the war.

          "What I do not in any way accept is that there was any deception of anyone. I will not apologize for removing Saddam Hussein. I will not apologize for the conflict. I believe it was right then, is right now and essential for the wider security of that region and world."

          Eighteen months after the war began, Iraq still haunts Blair and dominates the political debate in Britain.

          He appears to be weathering the storm, however. Although Blair's popularity slumped in the wake of the invasion, according to recent opinion polls it has stabilized and he is considered more trustworthy than his main political opponents.

          Blair's principal reason for joining the U.S.-led offensive was his belief that Saddam had stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. The government highlighted the danger in a September 2002 dossier as it tried to persuade a skeptical public of the need for war.

          But an official inquiry concluded in July that British intelligence on Iraqi WMD was flawed, that the government had pushed its case to the limits of available intelligence, and it had left out vital caveats in the dossier.

          Four inquiries have cleared Blair's government of deliberately misleading the public about the Iraqi threat, but that has failed to satisfy his political opponents.

          Opposition Conservative Party leader Michael Howard pointed out on Wednesday that before the war, Blair said that intelligence had "established beyond doubt" that Saddam had continued to produce chemical and biological weapons, when evidence was patchy at best.

          "I support the war. It was the right thing to do," said Howard. "But will you realize that before you can move on, there is one matter that you must deal with. You didn't accurately report the intelligence you received to the country. Will you now say sorry for that?"

          Blair hotly contested any suggestion he misled the country.

          "I cannot bring myself to say that I misrepresented the evidence, since I do not accept that I did," he countered.

          Blair accused Howard of "playing politics" over Iraq. Like U.S. Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry, Howard supported the war and his subsequent attacks have opened him to charges of "flip-flopping" on the issue.

          "Having supported the war, having urged us to go to war, (he) is now trying to capitalize on anti-war sentiment to try to give himself credibility," Blair said, to loud cheers of support from his own Labour Party lawmakers.

          The Iraq Survey Group last week concluded that no WMD stockpiles existed in Iraq on the eve of the invasion. The government was further embarrassed Tuesday when it acknowledged that spy masters had now formally withdrawn a claim that Saddam could launch chemical and biological weapons on 45 minutes' notice. The claim had featured prominently in the government's dossier.

          After a review of intelligence, the spy agency MI6 had ruled the source of the claim, an Iraqi military officer in western Iraq, was unreliable. MI6 had been directed to the source by the Iraqi National Accord, an opposition group linked with Iraq's interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Separatism undermines Chen's peace overtures

           

             
           

          Gambling on renminbi appreciation risky

           

             
           

          Putin: Sino-Russian ties to grow

           

             
           

          China ranks 46th of 104 economies - Report

           

             
           

          Survey to find out HIV-infected blood sellers

           

             
           

          15% income tax from expatriates in Shanghai

           

             
            Bush, Kerry prepare for final debate
             
            Blair won't apologize over Iraq
             
            4 US soldiers killed by bomb in Iraq
             
            Iraq vows to disarm rebels, hold elections
             
            Haiti violence death toll rises to 46
             
            'Iran will never give up its right to enrichment'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲一区二区三成人精品| 日韩大尺度一区二区三区| 亚洲精品乱码免费精品乱| 午夜在线不卡| 日韩AV高清在线看片| 成年女人喷潮免费视频| av亚欧洲日产国码无码| 国产伦码精品一区二区| 精品中文人妻中文字幕| 国产精品女同性一区二区| 99久久精品国产一区二区暴力| 久久亚洲精品中文字幕波多野结衣| 国产叼嘿视频一区二区三区| 国产精品乱码人妻一区二区三区| 免费网站看V片在线毛| 久久精品99久久久久久久久| 国产另类ts人妖一区二区| 强奷漂亮少妇高潮伦理| 亚洲国产精品午夜福利| 精品亚洲欧美高清不卡高清| 自拍视频一区二区三区四区| 日本一区三区高清视频| 亚洲第一二三区日韩国产| 不卡国产一区二区三区| 色成人亚洲| 加勒比无码av中文字幕| 高中女无套中出17p| 欧美日韩国产va在线观看免费 | 国产乱子影视频上线免费观看| 亚洲阿v天堂网2021| 久热这里只有精品12| 欧美www在线观看| 女人与公狍交酡女免费| 亚洲精品成人久久久| 欧美zozo另类人禽交| 亚洲一二三四区中文字幕| 国产高清在线观看91精品| 99国产精品国产精品久久| 久久99久久99精品免视看国产成人| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 亚洲国产精品综合久久20|