<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          GIs who refused job had unarmored trucks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-18 09:35

          The U.S. Army Reserve soldiers who refused orders to drive a dangerous route were members of one of a few supply units whose trucks are still unarmored, their commanding general said Sunday.

          The soldiers, now under investigation, had previously focused on local missions in safer parts of southern Iraq and had never driven a convoy north along the attack-prone roads passing through Baghdad.


          U.S. Brig. Gen. James E. Chambers, commanding general of the 13th COSCOM, gestures during a press conference in Baghdad, Iraq, Sunday, Oct 17, 2004.[AP]
          "Not all of their trucks are completely armored. In their case, they haven't had the chance to get armored," said Brig. Gen. James E. Chambers, commanding general of 13th Corps Support Command, which sends some 250 convoys ferrying Army fuel, food and ammunition across Iraq each day.

          Chambers, speaking at a press conference in Baghdad, said the 18 soldiers involved in the incident had returned to duty and it was "too early" to determine if any will undergo disciplinary action.

          He said a pair of investigations are examining the soldiers' disobedience as well as their allegations that the trucks were unfit for the hazardous journey. He declined to discuss particulars, citing the soldiers' rights.

          Chambers said 80 percent of the 13th Coscom's 4,000 trucks have been fitted with custom steel plate, but some of those in the unit that balked, the 343rd Quartermaster Company, were among the last left unarmored, because the unit's mission normally confines it to a less dangerous part of Iraq.

          None of the 13th Coscom's trucks arrived in Iraq with armor. Since February, the unit's engineers and private contractors have been working in impromptu maintenance yards to weld heavy metal "boxes" over truck cabs.

          Chambers said the 18 soldiers who refused the mission on Wednesday morning — driving seven fuel tankers from Tallil air base near Nasiriyah to Taji north of Baghdad — also appeared to have also balked at their mission because of the trucks' bad condition.

          "They were concerned about the maintenance," Chambers said. "If there is a maintenance issue, we'll clear it up."

          Chambers downplayed the incident, saying the disobedience not indicative of wider U.S. Army morale or maintenance problems. The 18 soldiers were "moved to a separate location" for questioning and have all since returned to duty, the general said.

          But Chambers did not downplay the danger of driving Iraq's roads, a job that has become the equivalent of front-line combat with Iraq's insurgency, whose deadliest weapon is the hidden roadside bomb.

          "In Jim Chambers' opinion, the most dangerous job in Iraq is driving a truck," he said. Soldiers take their missions realizing "it's not if, but when, they will be attacked."

          The Army announced last week it was investigating up to 19 members of a platoon from the 343rd Quartermaster Company based in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

          On Wednesday, 19 members of the platoon did not show up for a scheduled 7 a.m. meeting in Tallil to prepare for the fuel convoy's departure a few hours later, a military statement said.

          The general said a pair of investigations were already under way, and said there were just 18 soldiers whose actions were being probed.

          The first investigation, overseen by the 13th Coscom's inspector general and deputy commander, is looking into maintenance and safety practices at the Talil air base, where the 343rd is based.

          The second, headed by the commander of the 300th Area Support Group, has ordered a criminal inquiry to determine if any soldiers committed crimes under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and, if so, whether disciplinary measures are warranted.

          "Based on our investigations, other actions may be necessary," Chambers said.

          As a result of the incident, the entire 343rd is in the midst of a two-week "stand down," bolting on new armor and upgrading maintenance on its vehicles. The 18 soldiers under investigation must complete additional training and win re-certification to regain permission to perform convoy missions, Chambers said.

          He said the incident and ongoing maintenance pause had no effects on supplying the U.S. military here. The 21-vehicle convoy still made the run Wednesday, albeit late.

          The 15,000 troops under Chambers' command — almost 90 percent of whom are Reservists or National Guard soldiers — have completed 75,000 convoy missions covering the length and breadth of Iraq and suffered 26 killed since April, Chambers said. No members of the 343rd have been killed in Iraq in the nine months they've been here, the general said.

          He denied claims by some of the soldiers to their families that the fuel they were to deliver was contaminated. The platoon has troops from Alabama, Kentucky, North Carolina, Mississippi and South Carolina.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Chinese riot police head for Haiti mission

           

             
           

          Wiping out poverty galvanizes China

           

             
           

          2 Chinese shot dead in robbery in S. Africa

           

             
           

          Chinese drivers worry of petrol price hikes

           

             
           

          NY Times endorses John Kerry for president

           

             
           

          Pentagon: Ex-detainees return to terror

           

             
            Car bomb kills at least seven in Baghdad
             
            Sudan needs help to end Darfur crisis - Egypt
             
            Pentagon: Ex-detainees return to terror
             
            U.S. commander in Iraq faulted supply chain - report
             
            Kerry warns middle class against Bush
             
            NY Times endorses John Kerry for president
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          U.S. commander in Iraq faulted supply chain - report
             
          Six GIs killed in Iraq bombings, crashes
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲人成小说网站色在线| 亚洲偷自拍国综合| 少妇真人直播免费视频| 亚洲AV无码乱码1区久久| 中文字幕亚洲综合小综合| 四虎精品永久在线视频| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉 | 国产在线国偷精品免费看| AV最新高清无码专区| 国产精品自拍实拍在线看| 在线视频中文字幕二区| 国产免费午夜福利757| 久久人人97超碰精品| 色伦专区97中文字幕| www国产精品内射熟女| 国产精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠久久无码区| 我们高清观看免费中国片| 国产亚洲av日韩精品熟女| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 久草视频在线这里只有精品| 嫩草成人AV影院在线观看| 天天综合网网欲色| 狠狠综合久久av一区二| 国产综合色产在线视频欧美| 午夜国产一区二区三区精品不卡| 国产69精品久久久久乱码免费 | 精品亚洲精品日韩精品| 久久亚洲2019中文字幕| 丰满人妻一区二区三区视频| 国内综合精品午夜久久资源| 亚洲免费福利在线视频| 亚洲国产欧美日韩一区二区| 亚洲av成人无码天堂| 中文字幕乱码中文乱码毛片 | 日韩丝袜欧美人妻制服| 久久久久久久久无码精品亚洲日韩| 日本一区二区中文字幕久久| 国产精品无码无卡在线观看久| 免费播放一区二区三区成片 | 欧美激情内射喷水高潮|