<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US, Iraq oppose Saudi plan for all-Muslim force
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-19 11:33

          The Iraqi government and U.S. military commanders both rejected a Saudi plan for an all-Muslim force to protect U.N. election staff in Iraq, the White House said on Monday.

          "The Iraqi interim government had some real concerns about having troops from a neighboring country inside Iraq. The multinational commanders also had some concerns about forces operating outside the chain of command structure," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan, commenting on a media report.

          New York daily Newsday reported on Monday that U.S. President George W. Bush rebuffed the Saudi initiative because the force would not have been under U.S. command.

          Such a move would raise questions about the Bush administration's repeated assertions that it was eager to have other countries send troops to Iraq to ease the burden on American forces, it said.

          Saudi Arabia announced it hoped to organize such a force in July during a visit by U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell.

          But several Muslim countries, including Indonesia, Egypt and Pakistan were cool to the idea, citing the increasing violence in Iraq as well as concerns about possibly having to serve under U.S. command.

          The United Nations was also uncertain whether it wanted its staff protected by a force of one religious group rather than its usual multilateral approach, U.N. sources said.

          But Newsday said Crown Prince Abdullah personally lobbied Bush to agree to deploy a unit of several hundred troops from Muslim nations to help prepare for January elections.

          Washington, the newspaper said, turned down the proposal because the plan would have meant troops being under U.N. control rather than the control of U.S. commanders who lead the multinational force now intended to ensure security in Iraq.

          The question of control "was a serious issue for the commanders of the multinational force," Newsday quoted an unnamed White House spokesman as saying.

          A senior U.S. administration official in Washington blamed the Iraqi government for the plan's failure, saying it did not want troops from neighboring countries deployed inside Iraq.

          In addition, the plan contained no real commitment by other Arab nations to contribute troops to the force, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

          But Iraqi officials said they had already worked out a deal with the Saudis ruling out the involvement of any Iraqi neighbor, Newsday said.

          The Saudi crown prince discussed the plan with Bush by telephone on July 28, the newspaper said.

          In Riyadh, a Saudi government official said he was unaware the plan had been blocked. His government's role had been confined to making the proposal in July, the official said.

          The United Nations is under heavy pressure from the United States, Iraq and other countries to send senior staff for the Iraq elections, due by Jan. 30. All international staff were pulled out last year after two bomb attacks on U.N. Baghdad headquarters in Baghdad.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Talks to be held on disputes with Japan

           

             
           

          Earthquake injured 12 in Southwest China

           

             
           

          China's GDP to exceed 8% in 2005

           

             
           

          Traditional friendship with DPRK flourishes

           

             
           

          Myanmar PM ousted, under house arrest

           

             
           

          Forest fire under control in Northeast

           

             
            Bush, Kerry campaign for senior votes
             
            Thailand confirms 23 tigers die of bird flu
             
            Myanmar PM ousted, under house arrest
             
            Peres: Israeli extremists may try to kill Sharon
             
            Kidnappers seize charity chief in Baghdad
             
            4 die in attack on Iraqi national guard HQ
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          U.S. planes hit Iraq's Falluja, guns deal expanded
             
          GIs who refused job had unarmored trucks
             
          U.S. commander in Iraq faulted supply chain - report
             
          Six GIs killed in Iraq bombings, crashes
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲码和欧洲码一二三四| 欧美成人h精品网站| 奶头好大揉着好爽视频| 国内精品免费久久久久电影院97| 国产亚洲另类无码专区| 9丨精品国产高清自在线看| 秋霞在线观看秋| 九九在线精品国产| 午夜毛片精彩毛片| 国产性三级高清在线观看| 免费特黄夫妻生活片| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 18禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站| 少妇bbbb| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本| 久久久久久一区国产精品| 亚洲av无码精品蜜桃| 亚洲人成网站18禁止大app| 色偷偷久久一区二区三区| 久久精品一区二区三区综合| 九色国产精品一区二区久久| 国产三级精品片| 免费观看全黄做爰大片| 九九热视频在线免费观看| 中文成人无字幕乱码精品区| 高潮毛片无遮挡高清视频播放| 老司机午夜福利视频| 欧美亚洲综合成人A∨在线| 精品久久高清| 午夜免费无码福利视频麻豆| 69成人免费视频无码专区| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产喷白浆精品一区二区| 麻豆精品一区二区综合av| 国产成人精品日本亚洲第一区| 偷拍美女厕所尿尿嘘嘘小便| 精品91在线| 日本乱码在线看亚洲乱码| 最近中文字幕完整版hd| 被黑人巨大一区二区三区| 国产婷婷综合在线视频中文|