<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Kidnappers seize charity chief in Baghdad
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-19 21:15

          Kidnappers seized a woman who heads a British charity in Baghdad Tuesday, just over two weeks after captors beheaded British hostage Kenneth Bigley.

          Margaret Hassan
          Margaret Hassan
          A spokeswoman for Care International in London said Margaret Hassan was an Iraqi national who had lived in Iraq for about 30 years and had worked for the charity there since the early 1990s.

          "We do want to stress that she is an Iraqi national, not a Briton. She has been living there for many years," she said.

          Care is one of the few international aid agencies to have maintained a continuous presence in Iraq. Most others pulled their remaining foreign staff out of the country after two Italian aid workers were kidnapped for three weeks in September.

          Kidnappers have taken scores of foreign hostages since April and killed at least 30 of them. They have also targeted Iraqis viewed as collaborating with U.S.-led forces or the interim government.

          A militant group led by Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, America's top enemy in Iraq, claimed responsibility for Bigley's beheading and that of two Americans seized with him last month.

          U.S. planes struck overnight at targets which the military said were being used by Zarqawi's network in the rebel-held city of Falluja.

          Hostage-taking, suicide bombings and sabotage have kept Iraq in bloody chaos since last year's U.S.-led invasion.

          Four Iraqi National Guards were killed and up to 80 wounded in a mortar attack on their headquarters north of Baghdad, the U.S. military and Iraqi Defense Ministry said. A Defense Ministry statement said the attack occurred in the morning at Tarmiya, about 16 miles north of Baghdad.

          FALLUJA POLICE CHIEF FREED

          U.S. forces released the police chief of Falluja and two of his colleagues who were detained Friday with the city's chief negotiator, Khaled al-Jumaili. He was released early Monday.

          "I have been meeting the Americans three times a week and I cooperate with them. So my arrest came as a surprise," the police chief, Sabar al-Janabi, told Reuters after his release.

          The U.S. military gave no reason for the arrests and never confirmed it was holding the four men. Police in Falluja do not answer to the interim government in Baghdad.

          The government has threatened to attack Falluja unless Zarqawi's men are handed over, as part of its drive to pacify all of Iraq before parliamentary elections due in January.

          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said a crackdown on insurgents in hotspots like Falluja had to be calibrated to avoid losing a battle for the hearts and minds of Iraqis.

          "In these kind of situations you have two wars going on," he told reporters in London. "You have the war for minds and hearts of the people as well as efforts to try and bring down the violence."

          Secretary of State Colin Powell said his country was doing all it could to enable Iraqis to conduct elections.

           

          "It's still possible to have the kind of election we want to have by the end of January. The key is security and building up Iraqi forces to make them competent, fully equipped and able to do the job," he told USA Today newspaper in an interview.

          Powell mocked a suggestion by Democratic presidential challenger John Kerry that an international summit would draw more foreign troops to the U.S.-led multinational force in Iraq.

          "The suggestion being that if only there was an international conference, the French and Germans would send troops. Really?" he said.

          The United States has asked staunch ally Britain to send troops now based in southern Iraq to more volatile areas closer to Baghdad to free up U.S. units to fight insurgents.

          British Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon said a British team would be in the field Tuesday to assess practicalities, but said no decision had been taken on a deployment that could revive anger in Britain over Prime Minister Tony Blair's Iraq policies.

          Saboteurs blew up a section of Iraq's northern oil export pipeline and set it on fire, but exports to Turkey kept flowing, oil officials said.

          Supply disruptions in Iraq and elsewhere, along with fears over tightly stretched supplies, as well as strong demand, have helped boost oil prices more than 60 percent this year.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Talks to be held on disputes with Japan

           

             
           

          Earthquake injured 12 in Southwest China

           

             
           

          China's GDP to exceed 8% in 2005

           

             
           

          Traditional friendship with DPRK flourishes

           

             
           

          Myanmar PM ousted, under house arrest

           

             
           

          Forest fire under control in Northeast

           

             
            Bush, Kerry campaign for senior votes
             
            Thailand confirms 23 tigers die of bird flu
             
            Myanmar PM ousted, under house arrest
             
            Peres: Israeli extremists may try to kill Sharon
             
            Kidnappers seize charity chief in Baghdad
             
            4 die in attack on Iraqi national guard HQ
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Tape of Bigley decapitation posted on web
             
          British hostage in Iraq renews plea for life
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产在线小视频| 亚洲人成小说网站色在线| 不卡一区二区三区四区视频| 成人免费A级毛片无码片2022| 亚洲国产一区二区三区 | 国产一区二区三区高清视频| 麻豆精品在线| 日韩精品国产二区三区| 蜜臀av一区二区三区精品| 《特殊的精油按摩》3| 青青草一级视频在线观看| 国产精品线在线精品| 在线观看成人年视频免费| 欧美孕妇乳喷奶水在线观看| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 国产精品自拍午夜福利| 色偷偷女人的天堂亚洲网| 国产91色在线精品三级| 国产精品自在线拍国产手青青机版| 亚洲国产成人精品福利在线观看 | 人妻熟女一区二区aⅴ水野朝阳 | 亚洲欧洲∨国产一区二区三区 | 国产短视频一区二区三区| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆软件| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 五月天中文字幕mv在线| 毛片无码一区二区三区| 玩弄漂亮少妇高潮白浆| 久久精品色妇熟妇丰满人| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 中文字幕在线日韩一区| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 麻豆一区二区中文字幕| 国产91色综合久久高清| 国产精品免费观在线| 久草国产手机视频在线观看| 免费观看欧美猛交视频黑人| 日本在线a一区视频高清视频| 亚洲国产综合专区在线播放| 国产精品三级中文字幕| 亚洲午夜福利在线观看|