<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Darfur rebels say peace talks delayed
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-21 11:00

          A new round of peace talks for Sudan's troubled Darfur region will be delayed by two days because top rebel delegates have been unable to get to Nigeria for the negotiations, a rebel leader said.

          The African Union, which decided on Wednesday to boost its military force in Darfur, is sponsoring the talks between the Sudanese government and two rebel groups which had been due to start on Thursday.

          But a leader of the Sudan Liberation Army (SLA) rebels told Reuters the AU had failed to provide transport for many SLA delegates, which would delay the meeting in Abuja.

          "The opening of the talks was meant to be (on Thursday) but now it will be on Saturday, because the AU until now has not managed to get our delegation to Abuja," Abdel Wahed Mohamed al-Nur said by telephone from Kenya on Wednesday.

          The head of the delegation from the other rebel group, the Justice and Equality Movement, was in Abuja, and the Khartoum government's team was expected in the Nigerian capital early on Thursday.

          A previous round of talks collapsed last month without agreement on peace in Darfur, where violence has driven 1.5 million people from their homes in what the United Nations has called one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.

          The African Union's Peace and Security Council agreed on Wednesday to expand its force in the western Sudanese region, starting the deployment of more than 3,000 additional troops within the next two weeks.

          The soldiers, who will join 150 ceasefire monitors and 300 AU troops already in Darfur, were essential to restoring security and creating confidence for people to return to their villages, according to Said Djinnit, the head of the AU council.

          The force's main job would be to monitor a shaky ceasefire agreed in April but which Khartoum and the rebels have accused each other of violating.

          "The situation in Darfur remains grave," Djinnit said in Addis Ababa. "The continued violations of the ceasefire, the attacks and other acts of violence against the civilian population have the potential to undermine the ongoing efforts to restore peace and stability to the region."

          Djinnit's council will meet international donors on Thursday to assess pledges made so far to fund the mission, which the AU estimates will cost $220 million over one year.

          An African Union official said there had been consultations between rebels and the Khartoum government to resolve the issues which led to the collapse of the last round of talks.

          But analysts said both sides had an interest in dragging out the peace process and the Abuja discussions, whenever they began, were unlikely to reach a deal to resolve the crisis in Darfur, a region the size of France.

          "The political will is just not there," John Prendergast, Africa programme director at the International Crisis Group think tank, told Reuters by telephone from New York.

          He said the Darfur rebels were content to wait and see what concessions southern guerrillas would gain from the government in a deal expected to end a separate, two-decade-old conflict in the south of Sudan, Africa's largest country.

          The government, heavily criticised over the Darfur crisis, aims to limit international condemnation by showing its willingness to negotiate with the western rebels and is trying to draw out the talks for as long as possible, Prendergast said.

          After years of skirmishes between Arab nomads and mostly non-Arab farmers over scarce resources in arid Darfur, rebels took up arms early last year, accusing Khartoum of using mounted Arab militias, known as Janjaweed, to loot and burn non-Arab villages.

          The Sudanese government admits arming some militias to fight the rebels, but denies any links to the Janjaweed, calling them outlaws.

          The United Nations estimates that 70,000 people have died from malnutrition and disease in the last seven months alone.

          There are no reliable estimates of how many have been killed in the violence, which the United States has called genocide.

          A U.N. official in Khartoum said on Wednesday the international organisation had received reports of heavy bombardment in north Darfur.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Police learning to deal with kidnapping

           

             
           

          Coal mine blast leaves 56 dead, 148 missing

           

             
           

          Typhoon kills 30 in Japan, at least 40 missing

           

             
           

          Kids pick Kerry to be the next president

           

             
           

          Northern cold front sends mercury plunging

           

             
           

          Dirty, illegal blood stations shut down

           

             
            Typhoon kills 30 in Japan, at least 40 missing
             
            Oil returns to $55 as winter stocks ebb
             
            US raids kill Falluja family of 6
             
            Susilo announces Indonesia's new cabinet line-up
             
            Soldier pleads guilty in Iraq abuse case
             
            Bush, Kerry spar over leadership in Iowa
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          U.S. planes to help deploy African troops in Darfur
             
          Sudan needs help to end Darfur crisis - Egypt
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 色妺妺视频网| 色综合a怡红院怡红院首页| 国产偷窥熟女高潮精品视频| 国产成年码av片在线观看| 欧美人与动牲猛交A欧美精品| 国产三级精品三级| 国产精品v片在线观看不卡| 视频一区二区三区国产在线| 国产精品亚洲综合第一页| 久久波多野结衣av| 国产片一区二区三区视频| 亚洲人成网线在线播放VA| 日韩中文字幕高清有码| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片妓女| 亚洲精品理论电影在线观看| 日本高清不卡一区二区三| 99精品国产闺蜜国产在线闺蜜 | 日本激情久久精品人妻热| 国产精品不卡一区二区视频| 国产在线乱子伦一区二区| 欧美高清freexxxx性| 真实国产乱啪福利露脸| 猫咪AV成人永久网站在线观看| 久热爱精品视频线路一| аv天堂最新中文在线| 女同性恋一区二区三区视频| 日本一卡2卡3卡4卡无卡免费| 激情综合色区网激情五月| 天天综合色一区二区三区| 精品国产成人三级在线观看| 日韩精品亚洲专在线电影| 亚洲精品成人网线在线播放va| 美女自卫慰黄网站| 97亚洲色欲色欲综合网| 国产草草影院ccyycom| 无码无套少妇毛多18p| 午夜成年男人免费网站| 最近国语高清免费观看视频| 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页| 黄网站欧美内射|