<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Kidnappers tighten screw on US allies in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-28 20:50

          Militants piled more pressure on the United States' military allies in Iraq on Thursday, seizing a Polish woman and holding a Japanese man under death threat.

          A video grab shows a Polish woman held hostage in Iraq October 28, 2004. A hitherto unknown militant group says it has kidnapped the Polish woman and is demanding Poland withdraw its forces, Al Jazeera television reported on Thursday, but Warsaw immediately said 'no'.  [Reuters]
          A video grab shows a Polish woman held hostage in Iraq October 28, 2004.  [Reuters]
          With a British-Iraqi aid worker already in captivity, Iraq's hostage crisis has intensified amid growing expectations of a U.S. offensive on the rebel cities of Falluja and Ramadi.

          Iraq's U.S.-backed interim government has vowed to pacify the whole country before nationwide elections due in January.

          Al Jazeera television showed a video of an elderly woman seated between two masked men, one pointing a gun to her head.

          A hitherto unknown Islamist group said the woman was a Pole working for U.S. forces in Iraq and demanded the withdrawal of Polish troops and the release of Iraqi women prisoners, according to the Arab satellite channel.

          Poland's defense minister said the woman was not part of the Polish military contingent in Iraq and vowed not to bow to her captor's terms. "Poland is not in the business of meeting the demands of hostage takers," Jerzy Szmajdzinski said.

          Kidnappers are stepping up demands for the withdrawal of foreign troops in the U.S.-led multinational force just as the U.S. presidential election campaign enters its final week.

          Two days ago, militants led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi threatened to behead a young Japanese traveler within 48 hours unless Tokyo brought its troops home. Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi rejected the demand.

          The father of 24-year-old Shosei Koda appealed for his release on Al Jazeera. "He wasn't supporting the presence of Japanese forces in Iraq or American policy there," he said.

          Koda took a bus to Iraq from Jordan last week despite being warned by locals of the dangers, Japanese media said.

          They said the long-haired youth seemed ill-prepared for a trip to a country where more than 150 foreigners have been kidnapped since April and more than 35 have been killed.

          Unidentified kidnappers are holding aid worker Margaret Hassan, who has an Iraqi husband and holds Iraqi, British and Irish citizenship. She urged Britain to pull its troops out of Iraq in a new video aired by Al Jazeera on Thursday.

          WOMEN PRISONERS

          The captors of Hassan, director of the Care International charity in Iraq, and the Polish woman have demanded that Iraqi women prisoners be freed, echoing a plea made by a British hostage before Zarqawi's group beheaded him this month.

          Britain says it has no women prisoners in Iraq. The U.S. military says it is only holding two women, both linked to banned arms programs under deposed dictator Saddam Hussein.

          Britain has been tight-lipped over Hassan's plight, letting others emphasize her status as an Iraqi national and Muslim who has lived for 30 years in her adopted country.

          Many kidnappings have been linked to the western cities of Falluja and Ramadi, where fresh fighting erupted on Thursday.

           

          Witnesses said guerrillas in Falluja's Hay al-Askari district fired rocket-propelled grenades and mortars at American troops who pounded their positions with tank fire.

          The clashes broke out after an overnight air strike that residents said destroyed a building, killing two brothers.

          In Ramadi, U.S. troops clashed guerrillas who fired grenades at a U.S. base and the regional government office.

          Hospital staff said two women were wounded in an eastern area.

          The U.S. military has been pounding targets in Falluja almost daily to try to crush Zarqawi-led militants. Falluja residents deny knowledge of the Jordanian militant's network.

          To free up U.S. forces for a possible Falluja offensive, British troops were on their way from Basra in the far south to take over a deadly triangle of towns just south of Baghdad.

          In the Iraqi capital itself, a car bomb killed an American soldier and at least one Iraqi civilian, the military said.

          Insurgents and militants have increased violence in Iraq since the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan began in mid-October, with some attacks, such as the weekend slaughter of 49 unarmed army recruits, showing access to excellent intelligence.

          Iraqi Defense Minister Hazim al-Shaalan has said rebels might have infiltrated nascent security forces.

          Rebels blew up an Iraqi National Guard post in Duluiya, 90 km (65 miles) north of Baghdad, on Thursday night, police said. The attackers seized two Guards. Two Iraqi contractors working for U.S. forces were abducted in a separate incident.

          Three civilians were killed and six wounded in evening clashes between U.S.-led forces and insurgents in Duluiya, said hospital staff in nearby Balad. Four Guards were wounded.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Interest rates raised for first time in a decade

           

             
           

          Nation takes firm stance on arable land

           

             
           

          More job vacancies reported in third quarter

           

             
           

          China raises pension for enterprise retirees

           

             
           

          Traffic law shores up road safety

           

             
           

          Sick Arafat heads to Paris, cancer suspected

           

             
            Iraqi deaths count to 100,000 -- survey
             
            Sick Arafat heads to Paris, cancer suspected
             
            Insurgents slaughter 11 Iraqi soldiers
             
            Bush, Kerry trade charges on leadership
             
            Oil slumps below $51 a barrel
             
            Kidnappers tighten screw on US allies in Iraq
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Kidnapping of aid worker stirs debate
             
          Hostage-taking wave has roots in poverty
             
          Police learning to deal with kidnapping
             
          Freed Australian says Iraqi militants not savages
             
          One Chinese hostage killed, another freed
             
          Further talks needed to free engineers
             
          Talks go on for release of kidnapped Chinese
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 啊别插了视频高清在线观看| 2020国产在线视精品在| 国产亚洲一区二区三区四区| 亚洲色帝国综合婷婷久久| 精品国产911在线观看| 老太脱裤子让老头玩xxxxx| 欧美日韩人成综合在线播放| 日韩av一区二区精品不卡| 囯产精品久久久久久久久久妞妞| 亚洲精品电影院| 亚洲综合久久精品哦夜夜嗨| 国产免费毛不卡片| 福利一区二区视频在线| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 日韩有码中文字幕av| 国产日韩欧美黄色片免费观看| 亚洲av伊人久久综合性色| 欧美成人精品一级在线观看| 国产久爱免费精品视频| 麻豆精品久久久久久久99蜜桃| 国产精品久久欧美久久一区| 忘忧草影视| 国产综合色产在线视频欧美| 国产欧美在线一区二区三| 蜜国产精品JK白丝AV网站| 久久人人爽人人爽人人av| 久久露脸国产精品WWW| 日韩国产中文字幕精品| 国产精品成人午夜福利| 伊人久久大香线蕉综合观| 精品亚洲欧美高清不卡高清| 午夜福利激情一区二区三区| 女人夜夜春高潮爽a∨片传媒| 久热色精品在线观看视频| 精品无码三级在线观看视频| 亚洲乱码精品久久久久..| 国产高清在线A免费视频观看| 婷婷六月色| 国产精品18久久久久久麻辣| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 宅男久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆|