<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel willing to coordinate Gaza pullout
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-11-15 20:30

          Israel on Monday offered its first indication that it was reassessing relations with the Palestinians after Yasser Arafat's death, suggesting it would coordinate a planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip if the Palestinian Authority cracks down on militant groups.

          Palestinian leaders reacted cautiously to remarks by the Foreign Ministry's spokesman and argued that Israel should "unconditionally" re-open peace talks under the U.S.-backed "road map" plan.

          Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had previously refused to negotiate the "unilateral disengagement plan" with Arafat, insisting that he was responsible for four years of fighting. Arafat's death in a French hospital last week has opened up what many leaders believe is a crucial opportunity to revive the Middle East peace process by clearing the way for a more moderate leadership.

          If leaders emerge who are willing to stem the violence, Israel is prepared to coordinate the plan to move troops and 8,800 Jewish settlers out of the Gaza Strip and four West Bank settlements, Israeli officials said Monday. Such coordination is considered critical to avoid a chaotic transition.

          "If the Palestinian Authority takes its commitments seriously under the road map then many things that were not possible previously become possible," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said. "This includes coordinating the disengagement plan."

          Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom alluded to the Israeli change in policy in a speech to American Jews in Ohio on Sunday, Regev said.

          Israel's security establishment is currently examining ways to work with Palestinian security forces to hand them control of the Gaza Strip when Israel withdraws, senior Israeli officials said Monday on condition of anonymity. The recommendations will be discussed with Sharon in an upcoming meeting of senior officials on the matter, the officials said.

          Israeli and Palestinian officials alike have expressed fears that an evacuation from Gaza that is not coordinated would bring chaos to the Gaza Strip, where militant groups have been vying for control in recent months.

          In a sign of the uncertainty, shots were fired in Gaza on Sunday as Mahmoud Abbas, a leading candidate in Palestinian elections on Jan. 9, attended a gathering of people mourning Arafat. Two security guards were killed, and fears were raised that the violence could spiral.

          The Israeli conditions for coordinating the disengagement plan include the dismantling of militant groups, the collection of illegal weapons, an effort to stop anti-Israeli incitement and security and financial reforms, a senior Israeli official said on condition of anonymity.

          In response, Palestinian Cabinet Minister Saeb Erekat said he suspected the Israelis would put up too many conditions for coordinating the pullout.

          "Israel should talk to us unconditionally," Erekat told The Associated Press. "This line of conditioning things ... has been the way government handles things."

          The Palestinian Authority is required in the road map to combat militant groups.

          The plan, backed by the United States, United Nations, the European Union and Russia, was formally accepted by the sides in 2003 but never got off the ground due to mutual accusations of violations.

          Under the plan, Israel is slated to dismantle illegal settlement outposts and freeze settlement activity but has been reluctant to do so. The plan calls for an end to violence and the creation of a Palestinian state.

          In another indication that Israel was pushing ahead with its implementation of its Gaza pullout plans, an Israeli parliamentary committee approved the allotment of almost $8 million to an authority overseeing the disengagement.

          The decision cleared the way for the government to begin paying compensation to Jewish settlers who evacuate voluntarily.

          The plan outlines advance payments in compensation as an incentive to settlers to lessen what settler leaders warn will be mass demonstrations to prevent the dismantling of the settlements.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Calls made to change interest income tax

           

             
           

          Taiwan's Chen urged to nod 1992 deal

           

             
           

          Luxury foreign products make inroads

           

             
           

          US calm despite dollar's woes

           

             
           

          System highlights anti-corruption measures

           

             
           

          Hu hails friendship with all Latin America

           

             
            Iran agrees to suspend uranium enrichment
             
            Abbas escapes Gaza shooting unharmed
             
            Russia makes overture on Kurils
             
            General praises speed of Fallujah success
             
            Bhutan becomes first nation to ban tobacco sales
             
            Blair to urge end to trans-Atlantic rift
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Israelis keen to expand co-operation
             
          Suicide bomber kills 3 in Tel Aviv
             
          Israeli parliament backs Gaza pullout plan
             
          Israel kills 14 in Gaza before key withdrawal vote
             
          Peres: Israeli extremists may try to kill Sharon
             
          Israel ends Gaza Strip offensive after killing 100
             
          Israel strikes Gaza militants after renewed threat
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产偷国产偷亚洲高清午夜| 久久精品国产亚洲av熟女| 亚欧乱色精品免费观看| 毛片内射久久久一区| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 国产高清在线观看91精品| 被黑人巨大一区二区三区| 无码日韩精品一区二区三区免费| 亚洲人成人网站色www| 三上悠亚日韩精品二区| 无码中出人妻中文字幕av| 欧美乱码伦视频免费| 国产片AV在线永久免费观看| 午夜福利精品一区二区三区| 激情国产一区二区三区四区| 久久精品免视看国产成人| 亚洲熟女国产熟女二区三区| 丁香婷婷激情俺也去俺来也| 久久国产免费观看精品3| 亚国产亚洲亚洲精品视频| 国产精品成人亚洲一区二区| 伊人久久大香线蕉av五月天| 欧洲精品码一区二区三区| 亚洲av无码成人影院一区| 亚洲AV无码东方伊甸园| 国产一区二区三区黄网| 久久亚洲精精品中文字幕| 日本久久99成人网站| 无码a∨高潮抽搐流白浆| 无码日韩做暖暖大全免费不卡| 国产成熟妇女性视频电影| 国产精品白丝一区二区三区| 免费国产高清在线精品一区| 国产一区二三区日韩精品| 狠狠色狠狠综合久久| 在线观看潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 国产精品久久久久乳精品爆| 精品一精品国产一级毛片| 老子午夜精品无码| 午夜免费无码福利视频麻豆| 亚洲色一色噜一噜噜噜|