<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Three UN hostages in Afghanistan freed
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-11-23 12:17

          Three U.N. workers kidnapped in Afghanistan have been released unharmed after more than three weeks in captivity, Afghan officials said Tuesday.

          Filipino neighbors of Filipino U.N. diplomat Angelito Nayan celebrate in Las Pinas city, south of Manila November 23, 2004 after learning that Nayan had been freed from his kidnappers in Afghanistan. Three foreign U.N. workers held hostage in Afghanistan were freed unharmed on Tuesday, almost four weeks after they were abducted at gunpoint on the streets of the capital Kabul, the United Nations said. [Reuters]
          Filipino neighbors of Filipino U.N. diplomat Angelito Nayan celebrate in Las Pinas city, south of Manila November 23, 2004 after learning that Nayan had been freed from his kidnappers in Afghanistan. Three foreign U.N. workers held hostage in Afghanistan were freed unharmed on Tuesday, almost four weeks after they were abducted at gunpoint on the streets of the capital Kabul, the United Nations said. [Reuters]
          The hostages were released late Monday and are in good condition, three Afghan officials told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

          Armed men seized Philippine diplomat Angelito Nayan, British-Irish citizen Annetta Flanigan and Shqipe Hebibi of Kosovo in Kabul on Oct. 28, the first such abduction in the Afghan capital since the Taliban fell three years ago.

          Afghan officials earlier said they believed a criminal gang carried out the abductions, and that negotiations centered on a ransom demand.

          News of the release came hours after U.S. and Afghan forces raided two houses in downtown Kabul on Monday and detained 10 people in connection with the abductions.

          Filipino hostage Angelito Nayan, a junior diplomat seconded to the United Nation's Joint Electoral Management Body, is shown in this undated handout file photo released October 29, 2004. Three foreign U.N. workers held in Afghanistan since Oct. 28 were freed on November 23, 2004, government officials said. Annetta Flanigan from Northern Ireland, Kosovan Shqipe Hebibi and Filipino diplomat Angelito Nayan were abducted in Kabul last month after helping run a presidential election won by U.S.-backed incumbent Hamid Karzai. [Reuters]
          Filipino hostage Angelito Nayan, a junior diplomat seconded to the United Nation's Joint Electoral Management Body, is shown in this undated handout file photo released October 29, 2004. Three foreign U.N. workers held in Afghanistan since Oct. 28 were freed on November 23, 2004, government officials said. Annetta Flanigan from Northern Ireland, Kosovan Shqipe Hebibi and Filipino diplomat Angelito Nayan were abducted in Kabul last month after helping run a presidential election won by U.S.-backed incumbent Hamid Karzai. [Reuters]
          Most of the detainees were released after being questioned, an Afghan intelligence official said.

          Afghan officials believe a criminal gang carried out the abductions, and that negotiations have centered on a ransom demand. But it remains unclear if the kidnappers are working for a Taliban-linked group that has claimed responsibility and demanded that Afghan and U.S. authorities free jailed comrades.

          The leader of the group, which calls itself Jaish-al Muslimeen, or Army of Muslims, told AP it had no links to anyone detained in Kabul on Monday.

          Akbar Agha also said in a telephone call Monday that the militants were "very close to an understanding" with government negotiators to exchange the hostages for 24 rebels in Afghan jails.

          His claims could not be verified.

          American officials worry a deal could encourage more abductions just as the military claims it is getting the better of Afghan insurgents using more conventional tactics.

          In Monday's raids, security forces began the assault in the west of the city at about 4 a.m., using rockets to blast a hole in a wall surrounding the two-story home of a doctor working for the United Nations, witnesses said.

          The doctor, Munir Mosamem, and his 17-year-old son were detained, Mosamem's wife, Zakia, told The Associated Press. The forces searched the house and confiscated three mobile phones and part of a computer, she said.

          U.N. spokesman Manoel de Almeida e Silva said the doctor worked at a clinic for the world body in the city, but had no details on why the man was targeted.

          Annetta Flanigan of Northern Ireland, left, Filipino diplomat Angelito Nayan, center, and Shqipe Habibi of Kosovo, right, seen in this video released by militant, Sunday, Oct.31, 2004. Militants released a video Sunday showing three frightened foreign U.N. hostages pleading for their release, and threatened to kill them unless United Nations' and British troops leave Afghanistan and Muslim prisoners are freed from U.S. jails. [AP]
          Annetta Flanigan of Northern Ireland, left, Filipino diplomat Angelito Nayan, center, and Shqipe Habibi of Kosovo, right, seen in this video released by militant, Sunday, Oct.31, 2004. Militants released a video Sunday showing three frightened foreign U.N. hostages pleading for their release, and threatened to kill them unless United Nations' and British troops leave Afghanistan and Muslim prisoners are freed from U.S. jails. [AP]
          Another eight men were detained in a derelict house next door, where several impoverished families of recently returned refugees were living, witnesses said.

          The intelligence official said those eight were quickly released, but that the doctor and his son remained in American custody.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu urges Japan to face history, not war shrine

           

             
           

          Sabotage not cause of airliner crash

           

             
           

          China batch-produces SARS reagent

           

             
           

          Three UN hostages in Afghanistan freed

           

             
           

          China's oil imports rise to hit record high

           

             
           

          EU to send China positive signal on arms ban

           

             
            Three UN hostages in Afghanistan freed
             
            Iran halts uranium enrichment
             
            Iraqi PM confident about Iraq elections
             
            Jet crashes before picking up elder Bush
             
            Strong earthquake rattles New Zealand's South Island
             
            McDonald's CEO resigns to fight cancer
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Afghan militants to decide fate of UN hostages
             
          Afghan UN kidnappers say government agrees deal
             
          Afghans say to kill UN hostage if demands not met
             
          Hostage-taking wave has roots in poverty
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品国产线拍大陆久久尤物| 亚洲综合一区二区三区视频| 国产精品成人午夜久久| 日韩精品亚洲 国产| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合久久来来去| 亚洲免费观看一区二区三区| 人妻18毛片A级毛片免费看| 精品少妇一区二区三区视频| 免费午夜无码片在线观看影院| 国产色婷婷视频在线观看| 九九视频热最新在线视频| 国产最大成人亚洲精品| 男人扒开添女人下部免费视频| 日韩精品人妻系列无码av东京| 亚洲男人天堂2021| 国产美熟女乱又伦AV果冻传媒| 亚洲一区二区女优av| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 亚洲中文字幕无码av| 亚洲永久精品日本久精品| 超碰人人超碰人人| 青青草久热这里只有精品| 九九热在线免费播放视频| www亚洲精品| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮的app| 久久无码精品一一区二区三区| 中文字幕少妇人妻精品| 性欧美在线| 国产美女被遭强高潮免费一视频| 久久久久国产精品人妻| 精品国产亚洲av网站| 国产精品内射在线免费看| 成人午夜在线观看刺激| 天堂v亚洲国产v第一次| 日本55丰满熟妇厨房伦| 亚洲成人av一区免费看| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 亚洲女同在线播放一区二区| 久久精品免视看国产成人| 激情四射激情五月综合网| 亚洲高清免费在线观看|