<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Ivory Coast leaders agree new peace drive
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-07 15:36

          All sides in Ivory Coast's conflict have agreed on measures to revive a moribund peace plan and speed up its implementation, South African President Thabo Mbeki said on Monday at the end of a mediation mission.

          An alarmed African Union asked Mbeki to step in after a major flareup last month raised the prospect of a slide into all-out war and caused thousands of expatriates to flee a country seen for decades as a haven of stability and prosperity.

          All parties agreed political reforms must be implemented, disarmament must begin, a power-sharing government should get back to work and normality must be restored after the violence in the main city Abidjan and other areas, Mbeki said.

          "We've agreed with everybody on all of these matters and therefore specific programs must be carried out," Mbeki told a news conference concluding his five-day mission.

          The crisis in the West African state began in September 2002, when a rebel movement failed to oust President Laurent Gbagbo from power but seized the north of the country.

          Mbeki said his delegation -- including United Nations, European Union, World Bank and other international officials -- had set down timelines for implementing the measures but would not make them public right away.

          The team had worked on the basis of the peace deal known as the Linas-Marcoussis pact, brokered last year by former colonial power France, rather than trying to produce a new plan. That may not please Gbagbo's camp, which signed the pact reluctantly.

          MBEKI CONFIDENT

          A succession of mediators and international conferences has failed to turn all the provisions of Linas-Marcoussis into reality and many Ivorians are likely to be skeptical about the new initiative unless it produces results.

          Each side has accused the other of failing to honor commitments but Mbeki insisted this time would be different.

          "I'm absolutely certain there is mistrust," he said. "If there wasn't mistrust, it would mean there had been no conflict but I'm quite sure that that mistrust will diminish as people see that everybody's sticking to their word."

          The conflict generally pits the richer mainly Christian south against the poorer Muslim north but many analysts say in reality it has more to do with rival politicians vying for the spoils of power and control of the lucrative cocoa industry.

          Last month's surge in violence began when Gbagbo's forces shattered an 18-month cease-fire to launch an assault on the rebel-held north and killed nine French soldiers in an air raid.

          France hit back by crippling the Ivorian air force, an act which triggered days of rioting and looting by Gbagbo supporters targeting French nationals and other Westerners.

          Albert Tevoedjre, the head of the U.N. peacekeeping mission in Ivory Coast, announced his resignation on Monday, saying he could move on now the peace process was getting back on track.

          But the 75-year-old from Benin also said he had made his decision the day the Ivorian army broke the cease-fire.

          "That was completely against what we expected the parties to do," he told reporters. "If they are not agreeable to do what they have to do, why should we be here?"



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Record deals inked with Germany, Italy

           

             
           

          US against Taiwan's moves to alter names

           

             
           

          Presidents tout strong relations with Italy

           

             
           

          Poor mines barred, on hold

           

             
           

          Swan Lake protection needs more attention

           

             
           

          Khatami: Iran's democratic reforms failed

           

             
            Ukraine leader agrees on measures for fair vote
             
            ETA sets off 7 bombs across Spain, at least 5 hurt
             
            Gunfight erupts near Baghdad U.S. embassy
             
            Twelve killed in attack on US mission
             
            Northern Japan hit by new powerful quake
             
            Khatami: Iran's democratic reforms failed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 毛片免费观看天天干天天爽| 国产在线国偷精品免费看| 久久久久无码中| 亚洲精品tv久久久久久久久久| 青青草一区在线观看视频| 欧美成人怡红院一区二区| 办公室强奷漂亮少妇视频| 欧洲美女粗暴牲交免费观看| 亚洲a∨国产av综合av| 黑人玩弄漂亮少妇高潮大叫| 欧美做受视频播放| 少妇极品熟妇人妻| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 久久亚洲中文字幕伊人久久大| 国产无遮挡无码视频免费软件| 无码熟妇人妻av影音先锋| 99久久精品美女高潮喷水| 国产精品福利片在线观看| 国产一区在线观看不卡| 亚成区成线在人线免费99| 国产精品天堂蜜av在线播放 | 制服 丝袜 亚洲 中文 综合| 亚洲各类熟女们中文字幕| 粉嫩在线一区二区三区视频| 中文字幕日韩精品有码| 国产91久久精品成人看| 免费看男女做好爽好硬视频| 国产亚洲精品第一综合| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线蜜臀| 国产首页一区二区不卡| 狠狠噜天天噜日日噜视频麻豆 | 丝袜美女被出水视频一区| 国产亚洲精品综合一区二区 | 成人乱人乱一区二区三区| 国产精品亚洲色婷婷99久久精品| 西西大胆午夜人体视频| 国产chinese男男gaygay网站| 欧美老少配性行为| 天天拍夜夜添久久精品大| 欧美性猛交xxxx乱大交丰满|