<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Workers threatened over Iraq prison abuse
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-08 09:24

          U.S. special forces accused of abusing prisoners in Iraq threatened Defense Intelligence Agency personnel who saw the mistreatment, according to U.S. government memos released Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union.

          The special forces also monitored e-mails sent by defense personnel and ordered them "not to talk to anyone" in the United States about what they saw, said one memo written by the Defense Intelligence Agency chief, who complained to his Pentagon  bosses about the harassment.

          In addition, the special forces confiscated photos of a prisoner who had been punched in the face.

          Prisoners arriving at a detention center in Baghdad had "burn marks on their backs" as well as bruises and some complained of kidney pain, according to the June 25, 2004 memo.

          FBI agents also reported seeing detainees at Abu Ghraib subjected to sleep deprivation, humiliation and forced nudity between October and December 2003 — when the most serious abuses allegedly took place in a scandal that's remains under investigation.

          The release of the ACLU documents comes a day after The Associated Press reported that a senior FBI official wrote a letter to the Army's top criminal investigator complaining about "highly aggressive" interrogation techniques at the U.S. prison camp in Guantanamo Bay dating back to 2002 — more than a year before the scandal broke at the Iraqi prison.

          The memos reveal behind-the-scenes tensions between the FBI and U.S. military and intelligence task forces running prisoner interrogations at Guantanamo and in Iraq as the Bush administration sought better intelligence to fight terrorists and the deadly Iraq insurgency.

          "These documents tell a damning story of sanctioned government abuse — a story that the government has tried to hide and may well come back to haunt our own troops captured in Iraq," said Anthony D. Romero, executive director of the New York-based ACLU.

          The documents were released only after a federal court ordered the Pentagon and other government agencies to comply with a year-old request filed under the Freedom of Information Act filed by the ACLU, the Center for Constitutional Rights, Physicians for Human Rights, Veterans for Common Sense and Veterans for Peace.

          A spokesman for U.S. Central Command in Tampa, Florida, which directs special military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, declined to comment on specific allegations.

          "We take all issues of detainee abuse very seriously and where there is the potential that these abuses could have taken place, we investigate them," said Navy Lt. Cmdr. Nick Balice.

          Joe Navarro, a retired FBI agent who teaches interrogation techniques to the military and is familiar with interrogations at Guantanamo, said using threats during interrogations only stands to taint information gleaned from the sessions.

          "The only thing that torture guarantees is pain," Navarro told AP Tuesday. "It never guarantees the truth."

          Many memos refer to Maj. Gen. Geoffrey D. Miller, whose mission as head of the Guantanamo prison from October 2002 was to improve the intelligence gleaned from terror suspects. In August 2003, Miller was sent to Iraq to make recommendations on interrogation techniques to get more information out of prisoners. He was posted to Abu Ghraib in March 2004.

          One FBI e-mail released by the ACLU said Miller "continued to support interrogation strategies (the FBI) not only advised against, but questioned in terms of effectiveness."

          Miller left Iraq on Tuesday for a new assignment in Washington, with responsibility for Army housing and other support operations, and could not be reached for comment.

          According to the memo from the Defense Intelligence chief, Vice Admiral Lowell E. Jacoby, a special forces task force in Iraq threatened defense personnel who complained about abuses. Some had their car keys confiscated and were ordered not to leave the base "even to get a haircut."

          Balice refused to describe the task force, which could include Army Rangers, Delta Force, Navy SEALs and other Special Forces' soldiers working with CIA operatives.

          Another June 25 memo describes how a task force officer punched a prisoner in the face "to the point he needed medical attention," failed to record the medical treatment, and confiscated photos of the injuries. The date of the incident wasn't clear as the memo — like others released by the ACLU — have been heavily redacted to remove dates and names.

          An e-mail to Thomas Harrington, an FBI counterterrorism expert who led a team of investigators to Guantanamo, records "somewhat heated" conversations in which Pentagon officials admitted that harsh interrogations did not yield any information not obtained by the FBI.

          Another December 2003 e-mail notes the FBI's Military Liaison and Detainee Unit, which "had a longstanding and documented position against use of some of DoDs interrogation practices," requested certain information "be documented to protect the FBI."

          In the July 14 letter obtained by the AP, Harrington suggested that the Pentagon didn't act on FBI complaints about four incidents at Guantanamo, including a female interrogator grabbing a detainee's genitals and bending back his thumbs, another where most of a prisoner's head was covered with duct tape and a third where a dog was used to intimidate a detainee who later was thrown into isolation and showed signs of "extreme psychological trauma."

          The Harrington letter was addressed to Maj. Gen. Donald J. Ryder, the Army's chief law enforcement officer who's investigating abuses at U.S.-run prisons in Afghanistan, Iraq and at Guantanamo. He said FBI officials complained about the pattern of abusive techniques to top Defense Department attorneys in January 2003, and it appeared that nothing was done.

          The U.S. military says prisoners are treated according to the Geneva Conventions, which prohibit violence, torture and humiliating treatment. Still, at least 10 incidents of abuse have been substantiated at Guantanamo, all but one from 2003 or this year.

          Many detainees at Guantanamo have been held without charge and without access to attorneys since the camp opened in January 2002. The United States has imprisoned some 550 men accused of links to Afghanistan's ousted Taliban regime or al-Qaida; only four have been charged.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Consumer prices take largest jump since 1997

           

             
           

          Testing upgraded for food

           

             
           

          VW opens new auto venture with FAW

           

             
           

          Views on filial piety see change

           

             
           

          Death, 'rape' case of teacher in spotlight

           

             
           

          Experts call for sex education to curb AIDS

           

             
            Hamid Karzai sworn in as Afghan President
             
            1,000th US soldier killed in action in Iraq
             
            Neighboring nations anger Iraq official
             
            Intelligence reform bill gains momentum
             
            Bill Clinton helps launch search engine
             
            Saudis probe daring Qaeda attack on US mission
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品在线+在线播放| 国产AV影片麻豆精品传媒| 久久久久国产一级毛片高清版A | 亚洲色欲在线播放一区| 精品无码人妻| 精品视频一区二区| 免费无码av片在线观看网址| 免费现黄频在线观看国产 | 欧美亚洲日韩国产人成在线播放 | 久久国产一区二区日韩av| 亚洲久悠悠色悠在线播放| 国产在线98福利播放视频| 成 人 色 网 站免费观看| 最近最新中文字幕视频| 素人视频亚洲十一十二区| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码| 日韩精品一二三黄色一级| 国产欧美日韩高清在线不卡| 国产精品露脸视频观看| 亚洲成在人线av无码| 欧美视频免费一区二区三区| 久久不见久久见免费视频观看| 中文无码热在线视频| 好紧好滑好湿好爽免费视频| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠综合| 深夜视频国产在线观看| 国产片av在线观看国语| 亚洲精品日韩久久精品| 成人免费电影网站| 亚洲国产成人精品女久久| 开心一区二区三区激情| 国产精品一区二区三区日韩 | 久久久久亚洲AV成人片一区| 日本亚洲一区二区精品久久| 婷婷四虎东京热无码群交双飞视频| 爱情岛亚洲av永久入口首页| 亚洲一区在线成人av| 日本少妇三级hd激情在线观看| 精品国产一区二区三区av性色 | 日韩国产av一区二区三区精品 | 无码人妻aⅴ一区二区三区蜜桃|