<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Darfur rebels suspend peace talks over attacks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-14 09:06

          Darfur rebels suspended formal peace talks in Nigeria on Monday to put pressure on the government to halt an offensive in the vast desert region, delegates said.

          Rebel negotiators said they would not leave the Nigerian capital Abuja immediately, and were still open to informal consultations, but that the formal talks would not resume until the situation on the ground improved.

          "We are suspending the talks until the situation has changed and there is a clear commitment that the Sudanese government will stop the offensive," said Bahar Ibrahim, a member of the rebel Sudan Liberation Movement.

          Displaced Sudanese carry buckets of water at the Otash refugee Camp on the outskirts of Nyala, in Sudan's Darfur region. Rebel leaders pulled out of peace talks on the crisis in the western Sudanese region of Darfur, accusing the government of repeatedly breaching a ceasefire deal, spokesmen for their movements said. [AFP/File]
          Displaced Sudanese carry buckets of water at the Otash refugee Camp on the outskirts of Nyala, in Sudan's Darfur region. Rebel leaders pulled out of peace talks on the crisis in the western Sudanese region of Darfur, accusing the government of repeatedly breaching a ceasefire deal, spokesmen for their movements said. [AFP/File]
          "We are still open to consultations -- talking to people -- but we will not be attending the meeting," he added.

          The African Union, which is mediating the talks, said attacks had tripled in frequency since September and were now occurring daily in Darfur, where about 1.6 million people have been driven from their homes.

          The 53-member pan-African body blamed both sides for violating a cease-fire, but said they were working to keep the rebels at the talks, which are trying to seek a political agreement after earlier deals on aid and disarmament.

          "There is no justification for a suspension," said African Union chairman Sam Ibok.

          The government also urged the rebels to stay at the conference which began on Friday. "Only negotiations and talks will solve the problems," said government spokesman Ibrahim Mohammed Ibrahim.

          The African Union had set a Dec. 22 deadline to conclude talks on a declaration of principles including power sharing, wealth sharing, security, demobilization and reintegration.

          The AU said in a presentation on Monday that cease-fire violations had risen from 12 in September to 53 in the 40 days since the start of November.

          In Washington, State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said "We are certainly very concerned about the level of violence in Darfur."

          "We think both parties have been responsible for violence and both parties need to abide by the commitments they made to a cease-fire agreement."

          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said last week Darfur was plagued by banditry, rape and village burnings with 2.3 million people in desperate need of aid. The rebels took up arms against the government in early 2003 in protest at what they said was Khartoum's marginalization of the western region.

          About 1.6 million Darfuris have fled their homes since February 2003 in fear of attack by Arab militiamen who were mobilized by the government as auxiliaries in a campaign to crush the rebellion.

          But Khartoum says the attacks are carried out by outlaws and denies responsibility for their actions.

          "There is a clear policy by Khartoum to play for time and deflect pressure from the international community while using the militia to ethnically cleanse the region," said Tom Cargill of London's Royal Institute of International Affairs.

          The United States, which has failed to get sanctions imposed on the government, has called the campaign genocide.

          The African Union has sent 900 cease-fire monitors to Darfur, a region the size of France, and expects to reach the full complement of 3,300 troops by the end of the year.

          Human rights campaigners have complained of the slow pace of deployment amid the renewed fighting.

          The State Department's Boucher said the United States had supported the deployment of AU forces in Darfur and noted that Nigerian, Senegalese and Gambian troops would arrive soon.

          "We do recognize that African Union planners in Addis Ababa have been working through a very challenging task in getting the troops organized and equipped for this mission.

          Progress was being made, he said "It's just, I think, not as fast as everybody would have liked."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Sino-Russian joint military drill planned

           

             
           

          Country to set up new nuke tech company

           

             
           

          Control on SOEs to be tighter to avoid risk

           

             
           

          Embassy: No decision made on Japanese aid

           

             
           

          36 still trapped in mine, rescue goes on

           

             
           

          Beijing readies for coming job strains

           

             
            Ukraine govt aims to control poison probe
             
            Bush nominates Leavitt for HHS position
             
            Oracle acquires PeopleSoft in $10.3b deal
             
            WTO agrees entry talks with Iraq, Afghanistan
             
            Suicide attack kills 13 in Baghdad
             
            Israel to pull troops for Palestinian vote
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Sudan rebels say air strike kills 25 fighters
             
          African troops begin with small steps to calm Darfur
             
          Darfur peace talks adjourn after security, aid deal
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品国产亚洲AⅤ无码| 精品无码国模私拍视频| 欧美乱妇高清无乱码在线观看| 日韩av无码免费播放| 国产成人一区二区视频免费| 亚洲男人的天堂久久香蕉| 亚洲av午夜福利大精品| 亚洲大尺度一区二区av| 久久国产成人av蜜臀| 五月天福利视频| 高清国产一级毛片国语| 国产老头多毛Gay老年男| 精品视频在线观自拍自拍| 啊灬啊灬啊灬快灬高潮了电影片段| 亚洲全乱码精品一区二区| 福利网午夜视频一区二区| 视频一区视频二区制服丝袜| 五月丁香综合缴情六月小说| 伊人久久大香线蕉综合影院| 久久综合色天天久久综合图片| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区| 国产精品碰碰现在自在拍| 亚洲欧美日韩色图| A级毛片免费完整视频| 精品国产这么小也不放过| 国产精品亚洲综合第一页| 久久国产成人av蜜臀| 亚洲精品爆乳一区二区H| 国产在线观看免费观看不卡| 亚洲人成成无码网WWW| 国产精品无码久久AV嫩草| 亚洲人妻一区二区精品| 不卡一区二区三区四区视频 | 精品午夜福利无人区乱码| av午夜福利一片免费看久久| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 国产69精品久久久久久妇女迅雷| 起碰免费公开97在线视频 | 国产最大的福利精品自拍| 99中文字幕精品国产| 丰满老熟妇好大bbbbb|