<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Hilton hotels in Indonesia hunker down after threat
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-16 14:16

          Hilton hotels in Indonesia ratcheted up security on Thursday but said they were seeing few cancellations amid warnings from Western governments that one of their chain could be attacked by militants.

          Ian Mckie, general manager of the Bali Hilton International hotel on the famous resort island, said the U.S. embassy told him on Wednesday there could be a possible attack on that day or Thursday on a Hilton hotel in Indonesia.

          "They were specific in terms of dates. They said 15th or 16th of December," Mckie said by telephone.

          An armed Indonesian policeman stands guard as a car enters the grounds of Jakarta's Hilton Hotel, December 16, 2004. Hilton Hotels in Indonesia ratcheted up security on Thursday but said they were seeing few cancellations amid warnings from Western governments that one of their hotels could be targeted in a possible terrorist attack. [Reuters]
          An armed Indonesian policeman stands guard as a car enters the grounds of Jakarta's Hilton Hotel, December 16, 2004. Hilton Hotels in Indonesia ratcheted up security on Thursday but said they were seeing few cancellations amid warnings from Western governments that one of their hotels could be targeted in a possible terrorist attack. [Reuters]
          The U.S. embassy issued a notice to Americans on Thursday saying the threat of attack could increase over the Christmas and New Year period in the world's most populous Muslim nation, but did not mention specific targets.

          Australia's government on Wednesday said it had received credible information an attack could take place soon, possibly against Western establishments such as a Hilton hotel.

          New Zealand issued a warning the same day also referring to the Hilton chain.

          A view of Jakarta's Hilton hotel is seen December 16, 2004. [Reuters]
          A view of Jakarta's Hilton hotel is seen December 16, 2004. [Reuters]
          Islamic militants linked to al Qaeda have launched several bomb attacks in recent years in Indonesia, hitting nightclubs in Bali, the JW Marriott Hotel in Jakarta and also the Australian embassy in the capital.

          There are Hilton hotels in Jakarta, Bali and the East Java city of Surabaya.

          Emeraldo Parengkuan, public relations director at the Hilton in Jakarta, said the hotel had decided not to inform all guests about the warnings.

          POLICE ON EVERY CORNER

          "No, I don't think it is necessary to do so, it will just cause panic ... They can see that everything is under control. You can see the mood here is normal, just the usual, but you can see policemen and security guards in every corner," he said.

          Mckie said some embassies, such as Australia, had requested their citizens at the Bali Hilton be told individually about the threat, which had been done. A few other guests had approached him but the mood was still relaxed, he said.

          Bali police had provided extra security, he added.

          "So far we haven't had anyone check out and no bookings cancelled at this stage. If there is going to be an impact there is usually a little bit of a delay factor," Mckie said.

          "I do believe that the frequency with which travel advisories get issued these days does tend to diminish the impact a little bit."

          But Australia's Qantas Airways Ltd is offering full refunds with no penalties to travellers who cancel flights to Indonesia following the latest warning of possible bomb attacks there.

          Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is due to attend an event at the Jakarta Hilton on Thursday, the hotel has said. It was unclear if he would still go.

          While the Australian warning appeared to take Indonesian police by surprise, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said Australian officials held extensive talks with their Indonesian counterparts throughout Wednesday about the threat.

          Australia, a strong U.S. ally and one of the first to join the war in Iraq, has never suffered a major terror attack on home soil, but 88 Australians were among 202 people killed in the nightclub bombings on Bali in 2002.

          A car bomb outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta on Sept. 9 this year killed 10 people.

          Indonesian police have blamed the Jemaah Islamiah network, believed to be the regional arm of al Qaeda, for the bombings.

          Canberra had already urged Australians to be on the alert, warning of a greater risk of attacks in Indonesia over Christmas and New Year.

          Indonesia said on Tuesday it would boost security at hotels and churches over the holiday period.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Folks, are you happy with your lot?

           

             
           

          New court rules to better guard IPR

           

             
           

          754 officials punished for fund misuse

           

             
           

          China to build high speed railways next year

           

             
           

          FCC aims to boost airborne wireless, Internet

           

             
           

          Pakistan, China sign 7 deals on projects

           

             
            Clarke takes over as UK's Home Secretary
             
            Allawi announces list of election candidates
             
            FCC aims to boost airborne wireless, Internet
             
            Former US president Carter questions Iraqi elections
             
            Bomb at Shiite shrine kills 7 in Karbala
             
            Bus hijackers surrender, 18-hour siege over
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠色综合网站久久久久久久 | 亚洲一区二区三区自拍天堂| 吃奶还摸下面动态图gif| 97成人午夜精品长长久久| 国产日韩av二区三区| 亚洲日韩一区二区一无码| 亚洲天堂成人网在线观看| 麻豆精品久久久久久久99蜜桃| 一级做a爰片在线播放| 四虎影视一区二区精品| 2021精品国产综合久久| 精品日本乱一区二区三区| 亚洲色图欧美激情| 国产边打电话边被躁视频| 久久久天堂国产精品女人| 精品无码国产自产拍在线观看蜜 | 欧美老少配性行为| 丰满日韩放荡少妇无码视频| 一区二区三区精品视频免费播放 | 久久亚洲色www成人| 国产国产乱老熟女视频网站97| 国产亚洲精品综合99久久| 91毛片网| 亚洲av网一区天堂福利| 亚洲欧美激情在线一区| 亚洲av无码一区二区乱子仑| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 中国黄色一级视频| 国产精品国产三级国快看| 蜜桃亚洲一区二区三区四| 亚洲不卡一区二区在线看| 亚洲爆乳大丰满无码专区| 国产精品人成在线观看免费| 久章草这里只有精品| 亚洲精品国产综合久久一线| 青青草一区二区免费精品| 久久av色欲av久久蜜桃网| 影音先锋2020色资源网| 免费国产综合色在线精品| 重口SM一区二区三区视频| 国产一区二区不卡自拍|