<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Freed French reporters due back to heroes' welcome
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-22 16:38

          Two French journalists freed in Iraq after a four-month ordeal are expected back in Paris where they will be greeted by President Jacques Chirac and given a heroes' welcome.

          A French air force 14-seater Falcon 900 was to leave early Wednesday from Villacoublay airbase in the Paris region to collect Christian Chesnot of Radio France Internationale and Georges Malbrunot of Le Figaro newspaper.

          The aircraft was to take off around 8:00 am (0700 GMT) and return to the same base "late in the afternoon," the sources said.

          An undated file photo of French correspondent Georges Malbrunot, right, of Le Figaro newspaper, and French freelance radio reporter Christian Chesnot, of Radio France Internationale (RFI). The French Foreign Ministry said Tuesday Dec. 21, 2004 that the two journalists held hostage for four months in Iraq have been released and handed over to French authorities in Baghdad. [AP]
          An undated file photo of French correspondent Georges Malbrunot, right, of Le Figaro newspaper, and French freelance radio reporter Christian Chesnot, of Radio France Internationale (RFI). The French Foreign Ministry said Tuesday Dec. 21, 2004 that the two journalists held hostage for four months in Iraq have been released and handed over to French authorities in Baghdad. [AP/file]
          The round-trip was expected to take around 10 hours, they added, without specifying the route.

          France exploded in jubilation as emotional relatives called the release of the pair "the most beautiful Christmas present ever."

          Late Tuesday Malbrunot's brother Bernard said he had been assured by Chirac that the two journalists would be spending the night in a secure location in Baghdad.

          The defence ministry said: "It is probable that the two former hostages will be back in France during Wednesday afternoon at the Villacoublay airbase."

          After months of anguish and tortured diplomacy, Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin informed the French senate "with deep joy" that the two reporters were now free.

          The insurgency group that had been holding them, the Islamic Army in Iraq, said it released the pair because of France's stance against the US-led war in Iraq and their own support for Palestinian statehood, the Arabic television station Al-Jazeera reported.

          Foreign Minister Michel Barnier was to leave overnight to pick them up.

          "This is the most beautiful Christmas present ever," Malbrunot's mother Andree told AFP by telephone, choking with emotion.

          "As long as it hadn't been confirmed (to us) we couldn't be sure. We have had so many dashed hopes, we could scarcely believe it," she added from the family home in Montaiguet-en-Forez, in rural central France.

          Chirac, breaking off a vacation in Morocco to return to Paris to greet the journalists when they arrive, issued a statement thanking officials involved in efforts to free the men.

          "At the end of this long wait, shared by all the French, I want to express all our joy to our two compatriots and to their families and their loved ones who showed extraordinary courage and responsibility," he said.

          Chesnot, 37, and Malbrunot, 41 -- the longest-held Western hostages in Iraq -- were seized on a road south of Baghdad on August 20.

          Christian Chesnot's brother Thierry echoed Malbrunot's mother: "This is a huge relief. It's a wonderful Christmas present."

          He said Raffarin's office had indicated the pair were "in good health."

          Raffarin said the pair would "in all probability" be back in Paris late on Wednesday, while stressing that "we are naturally very cautious about all the conditions regarding their return."

          "Our joy will be complete when they are safely on national soil," he added.

          The French government had repeatedly said it was trying to negotiate their release with "discretion" after an unofficial bid by a French MP in September came up empty-handed.

          The journalists' Syrian driver Mohammad al-Jundi, captured at the same time as them, was found in Fallujah on November 12 after US-led forces launched an offensive to clear the city of rebels.

          A statement by the Islamic Army in Iraq quoted by Al-Jazeera, said the two were freed "because they were proven not to spy for US forces, in response to appeals and demands from Islamic institutions and bodies, and in appreciation of the French government's stand on the Iraq issue and the two journalists' stand on the Palestinian cause."

          Celebrities such as Catherine Deneuve and Juliette Binoche recorded radio messages keeping count of the number of days the two were held hostage, while the media rights group Reporters Without Borders oranised demonstrations and advertisements to keep their ordeal in the public eye.

          Hostage-taking has become common in Iraq, where chaos and bloodshed have taken hold despite efforts by a US-led military coalition to impose security.

          Foreigners are particularly targeted, and several, including an aid worker with British and Iraqi nationality, Margaret Hassan, have been murdered by their captors.

          Several insurgency groups are thought to be involved in abductions, ranging from religious extremists who have often killed their foreign hostages, to well-funded guerrillas.

          The Islamic Army in Iraq's only demand relating to the French hostages was that Paris repeal a law banning Islamic headscarves in French state schools.

          The French government refused, and that law came into effect in September.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Anti-secession law seeks peaceful reunification

           

             
           

          Many foreigners in Shanghai classrooms

           

             
           

          Healthcare umbrella to cover farmers

           

             
           

          Listing rings in media changes

           

             
           

          IPR violators deemed major criminals

           

             
           

          China to lower import tariff to 9.9%

           

             
            Attack on US base in Mosul kills 22
             
            Blair visits Middle East in peace drive
             
            Hostage-takers steal millions from N. Irish Bank
             
            Freed French reporters due back to heroes' welcome
             
            Majority in US believe Iraq war a mistake
             
            Israel raids Gaza camp after mortar attacks
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久草国产在线观看| 国产福利永久在线视频无毒不卡 | 最近免费中文字幕大全| 十八禁午夜福利免费网站| 少妇尿尿一区二区在线免费 | 无码免费大香伊蕉在人线国产| 中文激情一区二区三区四区| 日韩熟妇中文色在线视频| 三人成全免费观看电视剧高清| 亚洲人成色99999在线观看| 国产嫩草精品网亚洲av| 日韩综合夜夜香内射| 精品中文人妻中文字幕| av乱色熟女一区二区三区| 国产综合久久99久久| 国产午夜影视大全免费观看| 国产不卡精品一区二区三区| 久久99久国产麻精品66| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网络| 日本高清日本在线免费| 欧美另类视频一区二区三区| 国产边摸边吃奶边叫做激情视频 | 无码精品日韩中文字幕| 欧美成本人视频免费播放| 强行糟蹋人妻hd中文| 日韩精品一区二区都可以| 色婷婷亚洲综合五月| 免费人成在线观看品爱网| 免费人成在线观看网站| 无遮挡高潮国产免费观看| 狂躁女人双腿流白色液体| 亚洲国产亚洲综合在线尤物| 天天做日日做天天添天天欢公交车| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 无码射肉在线播放视频| 亚洲一区二区三区无码久久| 国产AV福利第一精品| 日本黄色不卡视频| 久草热8精品视频在线观看| 2021久久精品国产99国产| 日韩av综合中文字幕|