<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Assailants kill 23 in Honduras bus attack
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-24 20:50

          TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - Assailants claiming to be members of a revolutionary group opposed to the death penalty opened fire on a public bus in northern Honduras, killing at least 23 passengers and escalating an ongoing battle between gangs and a government dedicated to fighting them.

          The shooting took place Thursday evening in the northern Atlantic city of Chamelecon, 125 miles north of the capital Tegucigalpa.

          The bus was driving through the heavily populated neighborhood of San Isidro when a car carrying an unknown number of armed attackers cut in front of it, forcing it to stop, police spokesman Deputy Commissioner Wilmer Torres said.

          The assailants jumped out of the car and began shooting while attackers in a second car fired from behind and then alongside the bus, he said. Authorities weren't immediately certain how many riders were on the bus but believed the majority of them were women and children.

          Sixteen of the victims died on the bus; seven others died after being taken to a hospital, Torres said. The genders and ages of the victims were not released.

          The driver of the bus, Guillermo Salgado, died in the attack. His body was found slumped over the steering wheel.

          Police arrested a suspect driving a car similar to one identified by witnesses as having been present at the attack. The suspect is an alleged member of violent gangs that have terrorized residents, mostly in the poor neighborhoods of Honduras' major cities.

          The suspect was carrying a .38-caliber pistol and several automatic weapons, Torres said.

          The assailants left a large piece of paper taped to the front windshield of the bus with a message saying they represented a revolutionary group that opposes the death penalty. The message contained "vulgar words" against congressional President Porfirio Lobo Sosa and Security Minister Oscar Alvarez, Torres said.

          The note warned that "people should take advantage of this Christmas, because the next one will be worse," Torres said.

          The attack came just two days after Alvarez announced that authorities had uncovered plans by drug traffickers and criminals to assassinate Honduran President Ricardo Maduro and his family.

          "The reports establish that drug traffickers and organized crime have given the gang members the necessary information for them to carry out the attack against the president ... and that worries us," Alvarez said at the time.

          Maduro announced Monday that he was increasing security for himself and his family. After Thursday's attack, he offered his sympathy to the families of the victims and said he would fly to San Pedro Sula to meet with them.

          Earlier this year, Alvarez claimed al-Qaida was trying to recruit gang members to carry out terror attacks, but U.S. and other Central American officials have said there is no evidence to support that.

          Lobo Sosa is one of four candidates who will compete in February to determine the ruling National Party's presidential candidate for November elections. Lobo has suggested instituting the death penalty for severe crimes such as murder, rape and kidnapping — crimes for which the gang members are often accused. Honduras abolished the death penalty in the 1950s.

          Honduran gangs claim more than 100,000 members and control poor neighborhoods in major cities, where they are known for extorting "protection" money from residents.

          Maduro has waged a zero-tolerance campaign against gang activity. At his bidding, Congress approved a law in August 2003 that sentences gang members to up to 12 years in prison.

          Gangs have responded with gruesome attacks, including the beheading and dismembering of victims, whose bodies have been left in public places.

          "What happened tonight is a barbaric and cowardly act unlike very few we have seen in Honduras' history," Maduro said in an address broadcast nationally on radio and television stations Thursday. "It is an attack against all Hondurans."

          The president said joint police-military operations had been launched to find Thursday's attackers. The government was offering a $50,000 reward for information that would lead to their capture.

          "I'm asking the country to have confidence in their government, to not let anyone" interfere with national security, he said.




           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Second manned space mission ready in Sept.

           

             
           

          Large oil reserves found in Bohai bay

           

             
           

          Taiwan separatists not to be tolerated

           

             
           

          Hu, Chavez see deals inked

           

             
           

          China's economic miracle applauded

           

             
           

          Putin: Is US trying to isolate Russia?

           

             
            Palestinian local election seen as dry run
             
            Rumsfeld visits U.S. soldiers in Iraq
             
            Gunmen kill 23 in Honduras bus attack
             
            Deadly blast kills 1 in southern Thailand
             
            Afghan president to announce cabinet
             
            Three US marines killed in Fallujah fighting
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Gunmen kill 23 in Honduras bus attack
             
          Blast at US mess tent in Iraq kills 22
             
          Attack on US base in Iraq leaves 20 dead
             
          Pfizer: Celebrex raises heart attack risk
             
          9 killed in attack on US mission in Saudi
             
          12 pupils injured in Jilin school attack
             
          Iraq insurgents bomb attacks killing 22
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美成本人视频免费播放| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 国产精品美女久久久久| 中文字幕无码免费不卡视频| 最近2019中文字幕免费看| 蜜桃av多人一区二区三区| 草草浮力影院| 麻豆一区二区中文字幕| 亚洲精品成人片在线观看精品字幕| 7777精品伊久久久大香线蕉| 国产亚洲一区二区三区啪| 久久99久国产麻精品66| 亚洲人成网站观看在线观看| 最好看的中文字幕国语| 少妇又紧又色又爽又刺激视频| 亚洲AV福利天堂在线观看| 午夜福利在线一区二区| 长腿校花无力呻吟娇喘| 亚洲熟妇AV乱码在线观看| 国产精品亚洲综合第一页| 欧美激情视频二区三区| 农村肥熟女一区二区三区| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 日日碰狠狠躁久久躁96avv| 亚洲 欧洲 自拍 偷拍 首页| 国产农村激情免费专区| 中文字幕日韩欧美就去鲁| 午夜福利视频| 欧美自拍另类欧美综合图片区| 人人看人人鲁狠狠高清| 亚洲欧洲日韩精品在线| 国产极品AV嫩模| 精品视频不卡免费观看| 少妇乳大丰满在线播放| 久久精品国产中文字幕| 色WWW永久免费视频| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 极品少妇的诱惑| 国产精品色三级在线观看| 日本高清熟妇老熟妇| 亚洲熟女乱一区二区三区|