<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US opens probe into Mosul base attack
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-24 21:48

          BAGHDAD, Iraq - The brigadier general who investigated abuse at Abu Ghraib prison is heading the U.S. military's probe into how a suicide bomber infiltrated a U.S. Army base near Mosul and detonated a deadly explosion, authorities said Friday.

          U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld talks during his visit to a U.S.Marines camp near the Iraqi town of Falluja, 50-km (30 miles) west of Baghdad,on a Christmas eve, December 24, 2004. [Reuters]
          The team led by Brig. Gen. Richard P. Formica started its work in Mosul as Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld paid a surprise Christmas Eve visit to the wounded soldiers at the base, part of a tour that also took him to Tikrit and Fallujah.

          "Now we have a pretty good idea that it was a suicide bomber," said Lt. Col. Paul Hastings, a spokesman at the Mosul base. "(Formica) is going to investigate into the how's — how did that happen?"

          Formica, an artillery commander, has already investigated detention practices by special forces in Iraq, including allegations of torture and mistreatment of prisoners linked to the Abu Ghraib abuses scandal.

          "The investigation will be conducted quickly and thoroughly," Hastings added, however, there is no deadline set for the conclusions to come out.

          The investigation into the Mosul blast comes as the military reassessed security at bases across Iraq in light of the bomber's success in apparently slipping into the camp and entering a tent crowded with soldiers eating lunch Tuesday.

          The suicide bomber believed to have carried out the attack was probably wearing an Iraqi military uniform, the U.S. military said Thursday.

          On Thursday, U.S. Marines fought with insurgents in Fallujah as warplanes and tanks bombarded guerrilla positions in the heaviest fighting there in weeks. The clashes raged as nearly 1,000 residents returned to the devastated city for the first time since U.S. troops drove out most of the militants last month.

          At least three Marines were killed in combat in Fallujah on Thursday, underlining the tenuous security situation as the United States and its Iraqi allies try to bring quiet before national elections Jan. 30.

          On Friday, some 4,000 more displaced citizens returned to inspect their devastated homes in Fallujah. Iraq's interim security minister Kassim Daoud said people were insisting on returning despite continuing clashes and unexploded ordinance on the streets. Much of the city remains uninhabitable.

          American commanders have hailed the offensive to retake Fallujah as a major tactical victory. But pockets of insurgents remain in the city and many guerrillas apparently slipped out of Fallujah to operate elsewhere.

          Thursday's combat was the heaviest around Fallujah since a surge of fighting Dec. 10 that killed seven Marines, three Iraqi soldiers and about 50 insurgents.

          Returning the estimated 250,000 Fallujans is a key step in the attempt to restore the city as the elections approach. U.S. and Iraqi officials have organized a gradual return to prevent a hard-to-control flood of people at the same time troops are engaged in persistent clashes with insurgents.

          Elsewhere, a lawyer for Tariq Aziz, a former senior aide for Saddam Hussein who has been in jail since April 2003, said Friday he had met his client.

          Aziz, was among 12 defendants, including Saddam Hussein, who appeared before a judge to hear charges against them in July. He is expected to be interrogated by an investigative judge soon.

          The first two top officials to be questioned — an early phase in the trial process — were Ali Hassan al-Majid, better known as Chemical Ali for his role in poison gas attacks against the Kurdish minority, and former Defense Minister Gen. Sultan Hashim Ahmad appeared Saturday at a preliminary hearing by investigative Judge Raad al-Juhyi.

          With crucial elections set for Jan. 30, interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi has been pushing ahead quickly to launch trials for Saddam's inner circle.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Second manned space mission ready in Sept.

           

             
           

          Large oil reserves found in Bohai bay

           

             
           

          Taiwan separatists not to be tolerated

           

             
           

          Hu, Chavez see deals inked

           

             
           

          China's economic miracle applauded

           

             
           

          Putin: Is US trying to isolate Russia?

           

             
            Afghan cabinet, minus warlords, sworn in
             
            Campaign wraps up ahead of Ukraine presidential rerun
             
            Assailants kill 23 in Honduras bus attack
             
            Palestinian local election seen as dry run
             
            Japan cabinet approves austere budget
             
            US opens probe into Mosul base attack
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Blast at US mess tent in Iraq kills 22
             
          Attack on US base in Mosul kills 22
             
          Iraq insurgents kill 3 foreigners in Mosul
             
          Al-Zarqawi's group claims Mosul slaughter
             
          Decapitated Iraqi soldiers found in Mosul
             
          U.S., Iraqis regain some ground in Mosul
             
          US, Iraqi troops launch Mosul offensive
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产三级精品三级| 亚洲欧洲国产综合一区二区| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 99精品国产一区在线看| 国产精品久久久久鬼色| 丰满人妻无码∧v区视频| 永久免费精品性爱网站| 久久精品人妻无码一区二区三| 欧美高清狂热视频60一70| 精品国产91久久综合| 久久爱在线视频在线观看| 欧洲精品码一区二区三区| 国产精品麻豆成人av网| 人妻少妇精品中文字幕| 日韩欧美aⅴ综合网站发布| 野花社区www视频日本| 精品一区二区久久久久久久网站 | 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 国产乱子伦手机在线| 亚洲熟女一区二区av| 在线 欧美 中文 亚洲 精品| 乱码午夜-极品国产内射| 中文字幕第55页一区| 亚洲综合精品中文字幕| 国产精品久久久久婷婷五月 | caoporn成人免费公开| 人妻av综合天堂一区| 亚洲综合黄色的在线观看| 欧美日韩国产草草影院| 国产成人精品亚洲精品密奴| 日本韩国一区二区精品| 成人av一区二区亚洲精| 成全影视大全在线观看| 国产精品疯狂输出jk草莓视频| 偷偷做久久久久免费网站| www插插插无码免费视频网站| 日本久久精品一区二区三区| 国产妇女馒头高清泬20p多毛| 国语自产拍精品香蕉在线播放| 51福利国产在线观看午夜天堂| 2020年最新国产精品正在播放|