<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Chinese missing as tsunami toll hits 24,000
          By Tonny Chan, Qin Jize, Zheng Caixiong (China Daily)
          Updated: 2004-12-28 01:20

          Piling up the dead along the tropical coasts of southern Asia, rescuers counted the death toll to 24,000 Monday while China joined other nations in efforts to help nations hit by the quake and tsunami on Sunday.

          Millions were left homeless a day after the biggest quake in four decades sent tidal waves crashing into nine countries and as far as Africa.

          With thousands still missing, the tally may rise, officials said.

          Among the missing are tourists from China.

          Besides the death of a tourist from Taiwan province, dozens were confirmed injured Monday.

          In worst-hit Sri Lanka, the death toll reached 12,029, according to military officials and websites reporting from Tamil areas outside the government's control.


          Video grab shows a tidal wave in Penang after tsunami waves hit southern Asia on Sunday in this amateur video footage taken December 26, 2004. [Reuters]
          Indonesia and India also reported thousands dead each, and Thailand said hundreds were dead there. Deaths also were reported in Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Bangladesh and even in Somalia, 4,800 kilometres away in Africa.

          Sri Lanka and Indonesia had at least a million people each driven from their homes.

          As of Monday evening, 19 people from Hong Kong and six from the mainland had been admitted to hospitals in the tsunami-hit regions.

          Though two tourists from Zhejiang Province missing the day before were found alive Monday, a number of Chinese nationals remain missing in Thailand.

          Moreover, some Chinese tourists were straggled in two resort islands in Maldives, said Cao Xiaojian, an official with the local embassy.

          "There is no danger but there may be some difficulties with food and accommodation," he said by telephone.

          Secretary for Security, Ambrose Lee, citing Hong Kong Travel Industry Council information, said over 1,000 Hong Kong people in 30 to 40 groups were in Phuket when the tsunami hit. Many of them lost their travel documents while making their escape.

          Lee admitted a number of Hong Kong people were still missing.

          In Maldives, eight tourists were held back in the White Sand Beach Resort while the two other travel groups from Shanghai and Hong Kong, made up of 21 and 14 people, were on Paradise Island.

          They are expected to fly back as soon as the airport resumes the operation.

          There were no reports of injured Chinese citizens in Indonesia, where the earthquake took place, , said He Shiqing, an official with the local embassy.

          When the disaster hit, Executive Councillor Leung Chun-ying was on vacation in the Pacific resort of the Maldives, while Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing chairman Charles Lee and Democratic Party chairman Lee Wing-tat were in Phuket. All are safe.

          Chinese kung fu film star Jet Li, who was in the Maldives on holiday,called his Hong Kong agent to report he and his family are safe.

          Helping hands

          As people are searching for more victims of the disaster, aid agencies around the world were rushing staff, equipment and money to southern Asia.

          The Chinese Government said it is ready to help its citizens as well as provide assistance to disaster stricken countries.

          The State Seismological Bureau is working with the United Nations Office for Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs.

          Guo Xun, an experienced earthquake expert flew to Sri Lanka Monday to join a six-people United Nations evaluation team to investigate and develop a relief plan.

          "I will stay there for about 10 days and try to co-ordinate the rescue efforts from various countries in the fields of personnel and material aid," Guo told China Central Television Station at the airport.

          A team of more than 40 experts prepared to head to Indonesia for relief and rescue work, Xinhua said.

          "The task force is on all-weather condition, and will set off at the invitation of the Indonesian government," it quoted Huang Jianfa, an official with the bureau, as saying.

          The Foreign Ministry set up a hotline Monday, 86-10-65963511, to help the public track down relatives and friends in South and Southeast Asia. The hotline set up by Hong Kong authorities is (852) 2829 3010.

          Relief organizations in Hong Kong were also rallying efforts to dispatch emergency aid to the disaster-hit region while appealing for urgent donations.

          Four HK immigration officers arrived in Thailand's Phuket to help residents return. Airlines also got ready to schedule additional flights to airlift stranded citizens home.

          TIC Executive Director, Joseph Tung, said the council had contacted all travel agencies with groups in Phuket and was told their members were safe.He said the agencies were arranging for their return to Hong Kong.

          Meanwhile, relief organizations in the SAR Monday rushed to the aid of the victims in the disaster-struck countries.

          Oxfam Hong Kong said it had made an initial grant of HK$200,000 for emergency relief and rehabilitation work in Sri Lanka, one of the worst hit countries in the region. Relief workers from other Oxfam groups were already in Sri Lanka participating in the rescue.

          Yunnan quakes

          Zhang Xiaodong, an earthquake expert said the earthquake, measuring 8.7 on the Richter Scale, was the largest ever in the area. The resulting tsunami did not affect China.

          Southwest China's Yunnan Province was rattled by 47 tremors on Sunday and experts estimated that they were somehow related to the deadly earthquake.

          The National Tourism Administration said Monday travel agencies should be very cautious when arranging travel packages to Southeast Asian nations in the near future.

          Southeast Asian nations and regions that include Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Maldives are usually major offshore destinations for Chinese residents, especially during the coming lunar new year festival that begins on February 8.

          Flights between Guangdong Province and many Southeast Asian nations and regions have been operating normally in the past two days.



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Defence document warns separatists

           

             
           

          Tsunami kills 22,477, Taiwan tourist dies

           

             
           

          Indian army chief visits China

           

             
           

          Nine Vietnamese ships detained in Hainan

           

             
           

          Renminbi exchange rate kept stable

           

             
           

          Growth leaves China high and dry

           

             
            Indian army chief visits China
             
            Renminbi exchange rate kept stable
             
            Defence document warns separatists
             
            Law to make officials 'take blame and quit'
             
            Beijing seeks Olympic slogan
             
            China launches new generation Internet
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 手机成人午夜在线视频| 亚洲av片在线免费观看| 国内精品久久久久久影院中文字幕 | 亚洲欧洲日产国产av无码| 伦伦影院精品一区| 婷婷久久综合九色综合88| 成人午夜在线观看日韩| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品小说 | 久久人人爽人人爽人人av| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 亚洲AVAV天堂AV在线网阿V | 午夜精品一区二区三区成人| 国产内射性高湖| 亚洲午夜香蕉久久精品| 亚洲AV片一区二区三区| 边吻奶边挵进去gif动态图| 日韩丝袜欧美人妻制服| 久久久国产精品午夜一区| 精品国产中文字幕av| 91九色系列视频在线国产| 国产精品成人午夜久久| 夜夜摸日日摸视频| 国产午夜福利av在线麻豆| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2020老熟妇| 国产福利永久在线视频无毒不卡 | 亚洲中文字幕久久精品码| 一个人看的www片| 国产成人精品永久免费视频| 熟女一区二区中文在线| 天堂av成人网在线观看| 久久婷婷成人综合色综合| 97人妻精品一区二区三区| 亚洲伊人情人综合网站| 免费99视频| 国产精品久久久午夜夜伦鲁鲁 | 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外| 日产乱码卡一卡2卡三卡四| 精品人妻av综合一区二区 | 亚洲精品日本久久一区二区三区| 中文字幕理伦午夜福利片| 国产精品成熟老妇女|