<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Premier Wen to join tsunami summit
          By Qin Jize, Joseph Li (China Daily)
          Updated: 2005-01-03 08:33

          Premier Wen Jiabao will fly to Indonesia for an emergency tsunami summit on Thursday as the nation adds government aid and folk donations.


          Yu Tao, a Chinese rescuer, treats a 2-year-old Indonesian girl's foot and ankle injuries in Banda Aceh, capital of Aceh Province Sunday. [Xinhua]
          Wen will attend a summit organized by the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). More than 20 heads of state or government and representatives of international organizations will also be in attendance to discuss the aid efforts to help Asia's quake-tsunami-hit countries.

          "Regional co-operation on disaster prevention will also top the agenda," said a Foreign Ministry spokesman.

          At least nine Chinese nationals have been confirmed dead in the disaster.

          The death toll from last week's earthquake and tsunami stood last night at 130,000, including 2,500 foreigners. In addition 7,000 other foreigners were missing.

          Hu: Any aid in power

          President Hu Jintao said over the weekend that the Chinese Government is willing to provide "any possible aid in its power to those in need." Hu expressed his sincere sympathy to the countries that have lost so much in the tsunami.

          "China sincerely wishes its neighbouring countries would conquer the natural disaster and soon rebuild their homeland," Hu said at a meeting of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference on Saturday.

          China had yesterday raised an estimated US$65.3 million in government, charitable and public donations. The number will rise as more organizations report figures.

          The government increased its aid by an additional 500 million yuan (US$60.46 million) of humanitarian aid to the tsunami-hit countries on Friday.

          Chinese residents have been queuing to donate money to help survivors of the Christmas tsunami rebuild their lives and stave off the threat of disease.


          Peking University student An Yingzhi makes a donation to tsunami-hit nations at her campus yesterday as did hundreds of other students and teachers. During the New Year holiday, people across China have been digging deep to help their fellow human beings in vital need of aid. [newsphoto]

          Another 14 medical experts left Beijing for Sri Lanka - the third medical team sent by China to the affected countries.

          "Relief goods and spot-exchange for other countries will arrive at their destinations within a few days," said Wang Hanjiang, an official with the Ministry of Commerce.

          Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing said the first batch of aid worth 21.63 million yuan (US$2.6 million) had all been transported to the affected areas.

          The Ministry of Commerce would be responsible for the manoeuvre of aid while the Ministry of Civil Affairs would co-ordinate the collecting of donations from non-governmental organizations and the public.

          Li, Annan and Lee

          Li discussed by telephone the best way the country can offer its aid with Secretary General of United Nations (UN) Kofi Annan and World Health Organization (WHO) Director General Lee Jong-wook.

          Li told them of the aid pledged by the Chinese Government, saying China "appreciates and supports" the leading and co-ordinating role of the UN in the disaster.

          He expressed China's desire to "strengthen the co-operation with UN and WHO by helping rescue survivors, prevent disease and supply clean water and reconstruct homes."

          Annan and Lee praised China for its "positive role in helping the affected countries," appreciating China's timely and substantial assistance for the nations.

          China's religious organizations are also working hard to help victims.

          On New Year's Day, the Buddhist Association of China invited thousands of monks from various parts of China, including Taiwan Province, to a service in western Beijing to pray for an end to natural disasters.

          In under an hour , the gathering donated 9.93 million yuan (US$1.2 million) for the victims of the disaster. The money was handed to the Red Cross Society of China for immediate use.

          More special prayer services for victims by other religious organizations are expected to be held in the coming few days.

          The All-China Youth Federation, China Youth Development Foundation and younger members of the public have raised 1 million yuan (US$120,919) for their peers in affected countries.

          The All-China Federation of Trade Unions expressed their sympathy and to the workers of the disaster-hit countries through a donation of 3 million yuan (US$362,757), and called on all the trade unions around the world to jointly help to overcome the natural disaster and help rebuild lives.

          Chinese people are mounting relief efforts in the aftermath of the tsunami disaster in responding to the plea by the Red Cross Society of China and the China Charity Federation is co-ordinating the public donation drive.

          By yesterday, the headquarters of Red Cross Society of China alone has received donations of more than 20 million yuan (US$2.4 million).

          Its branch in Guangzhou, South China's Guangdong Province, saw a donation of more than 3 million yuan (US$362,757) by yesterday.

          The China Charity Federation has received a donation of more than 200,000 yuan (US$24,184) from the public so far.

          On Thursday, the association will donate no less than HK$300,000 to the Red Cross. They would raise more money if necessary, said its president Jose Yu.

          Kevin Chiu, chief executive officer of World Vision Hong Kong, said the Hong Kong branch has so far raised more than HK$50 million, of which HK$7 million come from the SAR government.



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          88 laws, regulations take effect

           

             
           

          Premier Wen to join tsunami summit

           

             
           

          Nine Chinese perish in tsunami

           

             
           

          Beijing plans charter flights across Straits

           

             
           

          HK citizens march for social stability

           

             
           

          Canada confirms second case of mad cow

           

             
            Chill takes its toll on elderly and children
             
            Nine Chinese perish in tsunami
             
            Premier Wen to join tsunami summit
             
            Benefits of Three Gorges Project apparent
             
            China earmarks US$386m for disaster relief in 2004
             
            Shanghai's blood donors get lottery tickets
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载| 亚洲欧美综合人成在线| 又粗又硬又大又猛免费视频| 91久久性奴调教国产免费| 久久99精品中文字幕| 午夜精品福利亚洲国产| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲七区| 亚洲精品国男人在线视频| 爆乳日韩尤物无码一区| 乱人伦人妻中文字幕无码久久网| 91精品国产91热久久久久福利| 另类 专区 欧美 制服丝袜| 国产午夜福利精品视频| 人妻出轨av中文字幕| 国产成人8X人网站视频| 国产深夜福利在线免费观看| 国产综合精品91老熟女| 性色av无码久久一区二区三区| 激情综合网激情综合| 国产精品美女AV免费观看| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 办公室强奷漂亮少妇视频| 久久无码av一区二区三区电影网| 无码AV无码免费一区二区| 国产91麻豆免费观看| 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页| 精品一区二区三区女性色| 亚洲日韩一区二区| 浪潮av色综合久久天堂| 精品国产成人A区在线观看| jk白丝喷浆| 免费夜色污私人影院在线观看| 国产美女69视频免费观看| 国产最新进精品视频| 又粗又硬又黄a级毛片| 四虎精品视频永久免费| 成人字幕网视频在线观看| 亚洲欧洲日韩精品在线| 人妻丰满熟妇ⅴ无码区a片| 最近中文字幕国产精选| 日韩av片无码一区二区不卡|