<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US relief copter crashes in Banda Aceh
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-10 20:07

          BANDA ACEH, Indonesia - A U.S. helicopter on a relief mission crashed in a rice paddy 500 yards from the Banda Aceh airport Monday, injuring two servicemen. Schools opened for the first time since the Dec. 26 tsunami, but many of the 150,000 lives the epic waves claimed were children, and thousands of desks sat empty.

          Rescuers try to carry out injured crew members from a crashed helicopter in Banda Aceh, capital of Indonesia's Aceh Province Monday, Jan. 10, 2005. [Xinhua]
          Workers, meanwhile, struggled to recover 50,000 bodies the government said were "scattered" throughout the region.

          The U.S. military said the Seahawk helicopter "executed a hard landing" and that there was no evidence it was shot down near the airport in Banda Aceh, capital of Indonesia's hard-hit Aceh province and the hub of international aid operations. Lt. Cmdr. John M. Daniels blamed the crash on a "possible mechanical failure."

          He said one person fractured an ankle and the other dislocated his hip. The other eight suffered "no significant injuries," he said.

          "There was no fire ball but a little smoke. It landed on its side," said Capt. Joe Plenzler, adding that the helicopter's propeller was twisted from the impact. Fifteen Seahawk helicopters from the Lincoln group have been flying up to nine hours a day on aid missions. Normally they fly a maximum of three to four hours a day.

          The crash came amid heightened security concerns in several tsunami-hit areas with ethnic rebellions — particularly in Aceh, where rebels have waged a separatist war in the province for nearly three decades. United Nations staff in Aceh are on high alert, and armed guards patrol their compounds amid fears of rebel attacks.

          Aftershocks from the massive earthquake that spawned the killer waves continued to rattle residents in the hardest-hit countries. A 6.2-magnitude temblor sent people scrambling from their homes early Monday in Banda Aceh; no injuries or damage were reported.

          Indonesian authorities promised to speed up the grim task of recovering and burying the dead. Welfare Minister Alwi Shihab said 58,281 bodies had been buried in the shattered area on the northern tip of Sumatra island. He said some 50,000 more are "scattered" around the region.

          Some corpses are still trapped in collapsed buildings and rotting under debris in canals and rivers. Their stench still hangs over some areas of the provincial capital.

          In the latest sign life is slowly returning to normal, children returned to school in Indonesia and Sri Lanka for the start of the new term — long before many institutions damaged in the disaster can provide proper education. Social workers hope the resumption of studies will help children overcome the trauma of the catastrophe.

          About 80 students, some accompanied by their parents, showed up at state-run Vidyaloka, in Galle, Sri Lanka, a tiny fraction of the 2,400 who are registered. Some had no uniforms.

          In a rare happy story, a 22-year-old Indonesian, Ari Afrizal, was rescued at sea sometime late last week by the United Arab Emirates-registered AL Yamamah, said Sasheila Paramsothy, a spokeswoman for the shipping harbor Westport Malaysia.

          Ari was swept out to sea when the tsunami hit his home in Aceh, Paramsothy said, adding that the ship crew has not provided other details.

          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan was assessing damage in the Maldives, a low-lying string of coral atolls in the Indian Ocean that lost 82 people. The United Nations is now coordinating humanitarian relief efforts in all the countries affected by the disaster and is taking that responsibility "very, very seriously," Annan said.

          A senior Navy officer involved in the humanitarian aid mission said the U.S. military is likely to remain in tsunami-devastated areas for an extended period.

          "I don't see an end to this for a long, long time," Capt. Larry Burt said of the American presence on Sumatra island. Burt is the commander of the air wing aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln.

          For more than a week, U.S. military helicopters have been rushing food, water and medical supplies to areas inaccessible to other aid worker and in desperate need.

          Indonesian military chief Endriartono Sutarto told The Associated Press that his forces are not conducting offensive operations against Acehnese rebels despite reports they've attacked aid convoys and even briefly kidnapped Indonesian relief workers.

          Sutarto said the workers were rescued by Indonesian forces but gave no further details.

          Indonesia's military warned aid workers Sunday that rebels in Aceh were taking shelter in camps for survivors, but the government dismissed those claims Monday. The government also said rebels were not responsible for a shooting near the main U.N. compound on Sunday, contradicting earlier assertions by the country's military and police.

          Welfare Minister Alwi Shihab said a troubled Indonesian soldier, not a rebel gunman, was responsible for the burst of gunfire. The soldier was in custody, Shihab said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Official: Non-stop charter flights attainable

           

             
           

          Securities reforms to lift exchanges

           

             
           

          China to revamp disaster warning system

           

             
           

          Abbas sees 'difficult mission' after win

           

             
           

          Pollution worsens in China's sea waters

           

             
           

          Sex advice on menu at Shenzhen cafe bar

           

             
            Palestinians elect Abbas by wide margin
             
            Sudan, southern rebels end 21-year war
             
            GIs kill 8 after convoy bombed in Iraq
             
            Withdrawing Ukraine troops from Iraq priority, Yushchenko says
             
            Deadly storms batter north Europe
             
            Bush reaches out to Palestinians after vote
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Abbas wins Palestinian election
             
          Palestinians elect Abbas by wide margin
             
          Abbas expected to win Palestinian election
             
          Palestinians: Israel not easing grip on eve of vote
             
          Abbas: Sharon is partner in peace talks
             
          Abbas assails 'Zionist enemy' after tank kills 7
             
          Abbas vows to protect Palestinian gunmen
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产愉拍精品手机| 精品亚洲国产成人av| 国产精品福利社| 免费观看全黄做爰大片| 99久久精品视香蕉蕉| 中文字幕婷婷日韩欧美亚洲| 国产成人精品视频不卡| 国产精品午睡沙发系列| 日韩精品一区二区三区蜜臀 | 精品国产电影网久久久久婷婷| 国产精品福利2020久久| 国产一级老熟女自拍视频| 毛片网站在线观看| 2020国产成人精品视频| 亚洲欧美中文日韩v在线97| 99热国产成人最新精品| 国产成熟妇女性视频电影| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕有码视频 | 中文字幕人妻日韩精品| 欧美变态另类z0z0禽交| 国日韩精品一区二区三区| 国产成人av免费观看| 色综合天天综合天天更新| 国产高清在线A免费视频观看| 东京热无码国产精品| 国产精品一区二区国产主播| 久久久久99人妻一区二区三区| 亚洲精品成人福利网站| 日韩一区二区超清视频| 久久美女夜夜骚骚免费视频| 亚洲韩国精品无码一区二区三区| 欧美黑人又粗又大又爽免费| 国产综合视频一区二区三区| 亚洲成av人影院无码不卡| 国产成人精彩在线视频| 色偷偷久久一区二区三区| 国内精品一区二区不卡| 亚洲综合AV一区二区三区不卡 | 五月婷婷久久中文字幕| 激情综合网激情五月俺也想| 精品久久精品午夜精品久久|