<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Palestinians to deploy forces to halt attacks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-19 09:48

          Palestinian security forces will deploy to the Gaza Strip's borders with Israel within days to enforce President Mahmoud Abbas's order to halt militant attacks, their top commander said on Wednesday.

          Abbas met both security chiefs and leaders of the Hamas militant group overnight in the shadow of a suicide bombing that underscored the difficulties he faces in persuading militants to halt violence in a 4-year-old uprising against Israel.

          He is caught between the militants and Israeli demands for a stop to attacks as a condition for peace talks. Israel cut ties after a deadly assault at the border last week.

          An Israeli man is carried from an ambulance at a hospital in the town of Beer Sheba January 18, 2005 after a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up near an Israeli army military base in Gush Katif. A Hamas suicide bomber blew himself up near Israeli troops in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday shortly after Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas arrived in the occupied territory to press militants to lay down their arms. [Reuters]
          An Israeli man is carried from an ambulance at a hospital in the town of Beer Sheba January 18, 2005 after a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up near an Israeli army military base in Gush Katif. A Hamas suicide bomber blew himself up near Israeli troops in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday shortly after Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas arrived in the occupied territory to press militants to lay down their arms. [Reuters]
          After meeting Abbas in Gaza, public security chief Major-General Abdel-Razek al-Majaydeh said an "arrangement is under way to deploy national security forces on the borders within two days to prevent violations."

          Abbas ordered his security forces on Monday to prevent anti-Israeli violence.

          In the latest attack, a suicide bomber from Hamas killed an agent of Israel's Shin Bet security service and wounded seven other Israelis in a blast at any army checkpoint near the Gush Katif bloc of Jewish settlements in Gaza.

          Palestinian boys hurl stones at an Israeli army vehicle during clashes in the Balata refugee camp near the West Bank City of Nablus January 17, 2005. Palestinian militants fired more rockets and mortars into Jewish settlements in Gaza on Tuesday, hours before new President Mahmoud Abbas was due in the area to urge a cease-fire he hopes could revive peacemaking with Israel. A dozen rounds caused no casualties settlers said. (Abed Omar Qusini/Reuters)
          Palestinian boys hurl stones at an Israeli army vehicle during clashes in the Balata refugee camp near the West Bank City of Nablus January 17, 2005. Palestinian militants fired more rockets and mortars into Jewish settlements in Gaza on Tuesday, hours before new President Mahmoud Abbas was due in the area to urge a cease-fire he hopes could revive peacemaking with Israel. A dozen rounds caused no casualties settlers said. [Reuters]
          Abbas met leaders of the Islamic group to try to persuade them to put down arms.

          "Calm was one of the points raised in the meeting within the framework of stabilizing the Palestinian situation. We have listened to Abu Mazen (Abbas) and we will study the issue within the movement," said Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman in Gaza.

          "Both sides expressed their mutual interest to achieve the interests of our people and maintain national unity," he said. "Further meetings are expected in coming days."

          WEST BANK MILITANTS' PLEDGE

          In the West Bank, a leader of al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a militant group in Abbas's Fatah faction, pledged to halt attacks inside Israel but said it would continue to strike at Israelis in the occupied West Bank and Gaza.

          "We agree to suspend all military action inside Israel ... in order to support Abbas's political program," said Zachariya Zubeidi, the most prominent West Bank leader in the brigades.

          Keeping up pressure on Abbas, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon paid a rare visit to troops in the northern Gaza Strip on Tuesday. His office said he discussed how to stop rocket and mortar fire at Israel and Jewish settlements.

          "Firing at civilian settlements is something that cannot continue and must be dealt with as soon as possible," Sharon told the soldiers, in remarks broadcast on Israel Radio.

          Abbas has come under U.S. and Israeli pressure to make good on campaign pledges to control militants since his election last week to replace the late Yasser Arafat as president.

          In Washington, Secretary of State-designate Condoleezza Rice promised to make a huge personal effort to exploit what she said was a moment of opportunity for Middle East peacemaking because of the change in Palestinian leadership.

          "The new Palestinian leadership in word is devoted to fighting terror. It needs to be devoted in deed to fighting terror," she said, adding that President Bush's administration had pressed Palestinians to control militants.

          Israel has threatened a broad military operation in Gaza to try to stop attacks but signaled Abbas would be given time to act before any offensive.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Eight Chinese kidnapped in Iraq, rescue underway

           

             
           

          Explorers conquer 'inaccessible pole'

           

             
           

          Airlines give Taiwan flight details

           

             
           

          Green law suspends US$billion schemes

           

             
           

          Bush kicks off three days of inaugural events

           

             
           

          Teams sent to help tsunami reconstruction

           

             
            Rice: U.S. was prepared for war in Iraq
             
            Iran says it has military might to deter attack
             
            Abbas proposes cease-fire talks in Gaza
             
            U.N. lifts travel ban on aid workers
             
            Man surrenders after making blast threat
             
            Airbus shows off new 'Superjumbo' A380
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Sharon, Peres reach deal on Israel unity government
             
          Israeli troops kill 9 Palestinians in Gaza raid
             
          Four Palestinians, Israeli killed in shootings
             
          Israel raids Gaza camp after mortar attacks
             
          Sharon wins key vote on alliance for Gaza plan
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 9lporm自拍视频区| 亚洲av理论在线电影网| 亚洲av色夜色精品一区| 无码人妻精品一区二| 国产精品偷伦费观看一次| 国产精品午夜剧场免费观看| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文| 成人啪精品视频网站午夜| 韩国无码av片在线观看| 伊人久久久av老熟妇色| 亚洲最大有声小说AV网| 日韩av在线不卡一区二区三区 | 欧美成人综合视频| 国产精品无遮挡在线观看| 麻豆a级片| 97在线碰| 大香网伊人久久综合网2020| 久久精品亚洲精品国产色婷| 日韩在线成年视频人网站观看| 久久青青草原精品国产app| 亚洲av日韩av综合在线观看| 久9热免费精品视频在线观看| 亚洲精品国男人在线视频| 国产在线无码不卡播放| 国产精品伦理一区二区三| 伊人成人在线视频免费| 夜夜夜高潮夜夜爽夜夜爰爰| 亚洲人午夜精品射精日韩| 国产又色又爽又黄的视频在线| 深夜国产成人福利在线观看| 中文一级毛片| 少妇无套内射中出视频| 人人超碰人人爱超碰国产| 精品国产中文字幕av| 久9热免费精品视频在线观看 | 中国熟女仑乱hd| 熟妇与小伙子露脸对白| 国产日韩av二区三区| 亚洲精品国产成人av蜜臀| 日韩成av在线免费观看| 熟妇人妻系列aⅴ无码专区友真希|