<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel accepts Palestinian police plan
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-21 10:59

          Israeli officials accepted a Palestinian plan to deploy hundreds of police officers along the Gaza-Israel frontier starting Friday, in the first act of security cooperation with Israel under Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

          Palestinian generals presented the plan during a meeting with their Israeli counterparts late Wednesday, convened in a last-ditch effort to avert an Israeli military offensive in Gaza.

          The meeting was a sign of success by Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in defusing their first crisis — though the situation remains highly volatile and renewed rocket fire by Palestinian militants could trigger major violence. Only last week, Sharon announced he was boycotting the Palestinian leadership to protest what Israel said was Abbas' lack of determination to rein in militants.

          Palestinians carry the body of 14-year-old Salah Ikhab during his funeral in Tubas, south of the West Bank town of Jenin. The boy was shot by Israeli soldiers while playing with a toy gun which he had been given as a present, witnesses said. [AFP]
          Palestinians carry the body of 14-year-old Salah Ikhab during his funeral in Tubas, south of the West Bank town of Jenin. The boy was shot by Israeli soldiers while playing with a toy gun which he had been given as a present, witnesses said. [AFP]
          Abbas has been holding talks with leaders of militant groups in Gaza since Tuesday, and his aides said he was edging closer to a truce deal with them. The militants say they are ready to halt attacks, provided Israel stops military operations — a promise Israel has refused to make.

          In the security meeting late Wednesday, Palestinian generals presented a detailed plan for stopping rocket fire and infiltrations of Palestinian militants into Israel.

          "We told them (Israeli generals) that we are arranging a plan to deploy the Palestinian security forces into both the northern and southern parts of Gaza," Maj. Gen. Moussa Arafat, a Palestinian security chief, told The Associated Press on Thursday. "In the first stage, it will be in the north, and then we will move into the south."

          Israeli officials said up to 1,000 Palestinian officers would be deployed, and that Israel accepted the plan. "We are facilitating it and coordinating it (the plan), so it will go forward," one official said on condition of anonymity.

          Palestinian security commanders were meeting with Abbas on Thursday afternoon to finalize the details, officials said. Israeli and Palestinian officials said the deployment will begin Friday.

          Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath said Abbas has been working hard to persuade militants to halt their attacks, but called for Israel's help as well. "A cease-fire by the Palestinians requires a cease-fire by the Israelis," he told a news conference.

          "Israel is prepared to cooperate with the Palestinians on condition that there is no terrorism," Sharon said Wednesday. But he warned that Israel is not prepared to accept the loss of life because of lack of Palestinian cooperation, implying that if talks fail, Israel will take action.

          The decision defused rising tensions that appeared to be leading toward an Israeli invasion.

          Israel broke off contacts with Abbas' government last Friday, after an attack killed six Israeli civilians at a Gaza-Israel crossing point. A Palestinian suicide bombing that killed an Israeli security agent at a Gaza checkpoint on Tuesday escalated tensions.

          Arafat, the Palestinian security commander, said Israel had agreed to re-open some blocked roads in Gaza in exchange for the Palestinian deployment.

          The army reopened the Gaza checkpoint targeted in Tuesday's suicide bombing to Palestinian traffic. Israeli military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Rafah border crossing into Egypt would be reopened on Friday. The crossing, the main exit point for Gaza Palestinians traveling abroad, has been closed since a Dec. 12 attack on an Israeli military post killed five soldiers.

          While things were quiet in Gaza, Israeli troops shot and killed a 13-year-old boy near the West Bank village of Tubas.

          Residents said the boy, Salahadin Abu Mohsen, was carrying a homemade toy rifle and was in a crowd of youths who were throwing rocks at troops. The army said troops fired at a gunman who was spotted in a crowd of rioters.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Space mission set: two to orbit in Shenzhou-VI

           

             
           

          Hostage release sought: Iraqi VP

           

             
           

          China, Canada sign energy agreements

           

             
           

          FM spokesman: 'China a victim of terrorism'

           

             
           

          Bush takes oath of office for second term

           

             
           

          Online gambling sees 600 arrested

           

             
            Bush takes oath of office for second term
             
            Protesters target Bush's inauguration
             
            Violence eases before Palestinian deployment
             
            Inauguration day set for Sunday in Ukraine
             
            Six guards killed at Mexico prison on U.S. border
             
            30 killed in Nigerian road accident
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品亚洲欧美中文字幕在线看| 久久国产成人亚洲精品影院老金| 欧美性猛交xxx×乱大交3| 亚洲男人天堂东京热加勒比 | 国产精品无码专区在线观看不卡| 国产一区二区不卡在线看| 亚洲国产日本韩国欧美MV| 国产福利午夜十八禁久久| 成人av午夜在线观看| 亚洲精品无amm毛片| 国产一级三级三级在线视| 亚洲欧洲日韩久久狠狠爱| 亚洲人成网站18禁止无码| 日韩精品国产一区二区| 一区二区中文字幕久久| 亚洲成A人一区二区三区| 国产又爽又黄的激情视频| 人妻熟女一区| 久久婷婷五月综合97色一本一本| 视频一区二区三区四区五区| 亚洲AV成人片在线观看| 国产熟女丝袜av一二区| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 国产精品无码无卡在线播放| 亚洲国产99精品国自产拍| 最近免费中文字幕大全| 国产影片AV级毛片特别刺激| 三叶草欧洲码在线| 宅男噜噜噜66网站高清| 久久精品国产视频在热| 青青草无码免费一二三区| 丁香婷婷激情俺也去俺来也| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 国产亚洲精品国产福利在线观看| 国产福利深夜在线观看| 国产伦一区二区三区精品| 国产精品中文字幕免费| 亚洲欧美乱综合图片区小说区 | 亚洲VA久久久噜噜噜久久无码| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 亚洲免费成人av一区|