<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Hamas leader raises hope for cease-fire
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-26 10:13

          Hamas' top leader said Tuesday that his group is ready to suspend attacks on Israel if it stops targeting militant leaders and releases Palestinian prisoners, raising hopes for a cease-fire that could end four years of conflict.


          Palestinian youths of the Hamas movement participate in a rally in the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanoun, Tuesday Jan. 25, 2005. [AP]

          In another move pointing to a possible end to violence, Palestinian and Israeli generals met to discuss deploying Palestinian police in southern Gaza to stop militants from attacking Israelis. After the meeting, a Palestinian official said the deployment would begin Thursday.

          The apparent softening of Hamas' position raised hopes Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas would soon reach a formal truce with militant groups that could lead to a new round of peace talks with Israel.

          Speaking to AP in Beirut, Lebanon, by cellular phone from an undisclosed location, Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal said the success of the truce effort depended on Israel.

          "This is a moment of test," said Mashaal, who is based in Damascus, Syria. "It puts the responsibility on the international community and the United States to force Israel to recognize the Palestinian rights."

          "If the Zionist enemy (Israel) abides by certain conditions, such as releasing all prisoners and detainees and halting all acts of killing, assassination and aggression against our people inside and outside (the Palestinian territories), the general national position of all Palestinian factions has become that they are ready to positively deal with the idea of a temporary truce," Mashaal said.

          Mashaal warned that Hamas would respond to any Israeli attacks.

          A senior Hamas leader in the West Bank has said the group agreed to suspend attacks for 30 days to test Israel's response, while other Hamas members emphasized that a truce deal was not complete.

          Israel's government has refused to guarantee it will not pursue militants, but has said it will respond to calm with calm.


          Two Palestinian girl wear Hamas head-bands as they attend a Hamas rally in the Deir al-Balah refugee camp in Gaza Strip, January 25, 2005. [Reuters]

          After nightfall Tuesday, the Palestinian public security commander, Maj. Gen. Moussa Arafat, met with the Israeli commander in Gaza, Brig. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, at the Erez crossing point between Israel and Gaza, their second session in a week.

          They discussed plans for a police deployment in southern Gaza at the two-hour meeting, which came just days after some 3,000 Palestinian police deployed in northern Gaza to guard against militant rocket attacks on Israeli communities. No rockets or mortar shells have hit Israeli communities since last week.

          Palestinian Cabinet minister Saeb Erekat told AP that beginning Thursday, police would take up positions near Khan Younis and Rafah in southern Gaza — frequent flashpoints of clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian militants. He said another security meeting was expected Wednesday.

          Erekat also said he had been in touch by phone with aides of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) to prepare for a possible meeting with Abbas. He said contacts with Israel were going well, but the two sides had not begun to discuss the agenda for a meeting.

          Erekat also met Tuesday with Israeli Vice Premier Shimon Peres, leader of the dovish Labor Party.

          Speaking before Israel's parliament Tuesday, Sharon harshly criticized opponents of his plan to withdraw from the Gaza Strip and dismantle four West Bank settlements by this summer.

          Sharon said that "in the past year, there has been an upsurge of voices threatening the integrity of Israeli democracy." Without mentioning the pullback plan, Sharon complained that a minority in Israel was unwilling to accept the will of the majority.

          Settler leaders said Tuesday that new residents were moving in to the settlements scheduled for evacuation. They said 400 people had joined southern Gaza settlements in the last six months and dozens had moved into the four small West Bank settlements on the evacuation list.

          Government figures released previously put the population of the 21 Gaza settlements and four West Bank enclaves at about 8,800. Israeli TV stations have broadcast reports about hard-line opponents of the pullout moving into the targeted settlements.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Spring Festival peak travel jams railways

           

             
           

          China's economy grows 9.5% in 2004

           

             
           

          Migrant proposal sparks hot debate

           

             
           

          Freed hostages leave Amman for home

           

             
           

          China step up efforts to gird for bird flu

           

             
           

          Stampede at Hindu procession kills 150

           

             
            Hamas leader raises hope for cease-fire
             
            Stampede at Hindu procession kills 150
             
            U.S. hostage pleads for life in Iraq video
             
            German Chancellor laments Nazi death camp
             
            11 policemen killed in Baghdad clashes
             
            Michael Moore, Mel Gibson snubbed by Oscars
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 伊人久久综合无码成人网| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 高清国产一级毛片国语| 欧美日韩精品免费一区二区三区| 91孕妇精品一区二区三区| 漂亮人妻中文字幕丝袜| 极品少妇小泬50pthepon| 久久精品国产一区二区三| 亚洲成人av综合一区| 免费人妻精品一区二| 亚洲av中文乱码一区二| 国产精品成人99一区无码| 欧美成人怡红院一区二区| 日本乱一区二区三区在线| 2019香蕉在线观看直播视频| 成在人线av无码免费高潮水老板| 亚洲精品宾馆在线精品酒店| 九九re线精品视频在线观看视频| 精品久久久久久无码专区不卡| 亚洲欧美高清在线精品一区二区| 欧美福利在线| 尤物国精品午夜福利视频| 国产玩具酱一区二区三区| 免费爆乳精品一区二区| 久久88香港三级台湾三级播放| 亚洲精品自拍区在线观看| 国产免费网站看v片元遮挡| 中文字幕日韩国产精品| 伊人久久大香线蕉av网禁呦| 国产熟睡乱子伦视频在线播放| 青青青爽在线视频观看| 无码国产精品一区二区免费式直播| 欧美日韩一线| 国产国产乱老熟女视频网站97| 武装少女在线观看高清完整版免费| 国产美女被遭强高潮免费一视频| 久久精品中文字幕极品| 久久夜色噜噜噜亚洲av| 日产精品99久久久久久| 国产欧美日韩视频一区二区三区|