<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Kuwaiti police arrest reputed terror boss
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-01 09:49

          Kuwait police burst into suspected terrorist hideouts throughout a tranquil suburb Monday, arresting a reputed terror boss and setting off a ferocious gunbattle that killed at least four of his followers and a bystander.

          The raid — the fourth in three weeks — reflected a new sense of urgency in the battle to crush Islamic extremists deeply opposed to the presence of U.S. forces in this oil-rich emirate.

          Kuwaiti State Security policemen look from the roof of the house in which Amer Khlaif al-Enezi was detained in Mubarak Al Kebir, south of Kuwait City on Monday, Jan. 31, 2005. [AP]
          Kuwaiti State Security policemen look from the roof of the house in which Amer Khlaif al-Enezi was detained in Mubarak Al Kebir, south of Kuwait City on Monday, Jan. 31, 2005. [AP]
          Kuwait's prime minister, Sheik Sabah Al Ahmed Al Sabah, called for the "uprooting of this phenomenon and the removal of this cancer before it spreads," Faisal al-Hajji, the acting information minister, told the state-owned Kuwait News Agency on Monday.

          Kuwait beefed up security in late December around vital infrastructure, including oil installations, following terror attacks in Saudi Arabia, and soon after the government began conducting raids against suspected militants.

          The first two, on Jan. 10 and Jan. 15, sparked clashes that killed two suspects and two police officers. On Sunday, security forces fought with militants in a residential district of Kuwait City in violence that killed three — a militant, a police officer, and a bystander.

          Until this month, militants had only struck at U.S. military targets, and the spilling of Kuwaiti blood deeply upset many here. Concerned citizens soon began tipping off police to hidden caches of weapons and explosives, authorities said.

          In Monday's raid, which Interior Ministry spokesman Lt. Col. Adel al-Hashshash called a "spectacular success," police arrested six suspected militants, including alleged ringleader Amer Khlaif al-Enezi. The government said four militants and a bystander were killed, but Kuwait TV reported Monday night that one of the arrested militants, who was wounded in the fighting, had died. It was not known if any suspected insurgents escaped.

          The government provided little information on al-Enezi, but a resident of the tribal city of al-Jahra told The Associated Press that he used to preach at a local mosque, exhorting young men to attack Americans, Kuwaiti security forces and even moderate Muslim clerics.

          The resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the preacher, in his 30s, was fired more than six months ago.

          The interior minister, Sheik Nawwaf Al Ahmed Al Sabah, said the suspects targeted Monday were part of "an organized terror group," but said their aims and their backers would only be revealed by investigations. Sheik Salem Al Ali Al Sabah, the head of Kuwait's National Guard, has previously linked some local militants to al-Qaida.

          The fighting early Monday began when police chased militants from scattered hideouts in Mubarak Al Kabir, a middle-class residential neighborhood south of Kuwait City, according to a police statement. The fighters took refuge in a house and a gunbattle broke out, police said.

          Kuwait TV footage showed the house's windows shattered and its walls pocked with holes. Bodies lay face down on the roof in pools of blood and a helicopter hovered ahead. A bearded man lay on his back, hands tied and shivering. Guns and ammunition clips were scattered on a staircase.

          The battle was only the latest part of a government crackdown that began when the father of a Muslim extremist told police his son had befriended a group of militants and disappeared.

          The son, Fawwaz al-Otaibi, was then killed in the Jan. 10 operation. Several accomplices fled in another car. The ensuing raids targeted al-Otaibi's accomplices, authorities said.

          Kuwait, unlike neighboring Saudi Arabia, has not suffered terrorist attacks on residential or government buildings. Extremists operating since 2002 have targeted the U.S. military, killing one U.S. Marine and a U.S. civilian contracted to the military. The U.S. Embassy has said that a building housing Westerners had been targeted.

          Kuwait TV said one of the suspects killed Monday was a Saudi, and the three others were stateless Arabs who have lived in Kuwait without acquiring citizenship. One of those killed in a previous shootout was Saudi, and several of some 30 suspects in custody were also Saudi.

          Kuwait has been a major Washington ally since the 1991 U.S.-led war that liberated it from a seven-month Iraqi occupation under Saddam Hussein.

          Oman, which has yet to be hit by terror attacks, said Sunday it had arrested members of an organization that threatened national security. Earlier reports said the government had arrested more than 100 suspected extremists following unconfirmed reports they planned to target a shopping and cultural festival.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Closing farm-urban income gap 'top' goal

           

             
           

          More meningitis cases, but no new deaths

           

             
           

          Central bank plans more market moves

           

             
           

          China, US discuss setting up defense hotline

           

             
           

          Allawi calls for unity after Iraqi vote

           

             
           

          Risk controls urged for Bank of China

           

             
            New Gaza violence strains de facto truce
             
            Allawi calls for unity after Iraqi vote
             
            U.S. guards shoot dead 4 inmates in Iraq prison riot
             
            Sudan: UN clears government of genocide
             
            Settlers protest Israel's pullout plan
             
            Iraqi PM calls for dialogue after historic vote
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Kuwaiti police, islamic militants clash
             
          Kuwait detains soldiers for plot against U.S. forces
             
          Sultry night, tough time, no miracle
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费国产裸体美女视频全黄| 99久久国产精品无码| 精品2020婷婷激情五月| 国产睡熟迷奷系列网站| 精品无码视频| 亚洲欧洲一区二区综合精品 | 深夜av在线免费观看| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久蜜臀av| 无码AV无码免费一区二区| 加勒比无码人妻东京热| 无码国产69精品久久久久网站 | 在线天堂bt种子| 国产精品呻吟一区二区三区 | 十八禁午夜福利免费网站| 国模杨依粉嫩蝴蝶150p| 亚洲的天堂在线中文字幕| 亚洲国产日本韩国欧美MV | 日韩精品视频一区二区不卡| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 日本免费人成视频在线观看| 国产精品久久人人做人人爽| 国产系列丝袜熟女精品视频 | 国内精品久久人妻无码不卡| 两个人看的www免费| 国产精品一区二区三区性色| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AWWW| 精品国产一区二区色老头| 把腿张开ji巴cao死你h| 狠狠躁日日躁夜夜躁欧美老妇| 日日摸夜夜添狠狠添欧美| 狠狠综合av一区二区| 亚洲成人高清av在线| y1111111少妇无码| 亚洲中文精品一区二区| 免费无码又爽又黄又刺激网站| 亚洲欧洲一区二区天堂久久 | 日韩 欧美 动漫 国产 制服| 亚洲乱色一区二区三区丝袜| 亚洲精品日韩中文字幕| 久99久热免费视频播放| 国产内射性高湖|