<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iran shuns demand to abandon nuke reactor
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-14 09:09

          Iran rejected a European demand to stop building a heavy-water nuclear reactor that provides a simpler way of extracting weapons-grade fuel, and it warned the United States on Sunday "not to play with fire" by repeatedly threatening Tehran.

          Iran has indicated previously it will keep its heavy-water reactor, but Sunday's announcement that it will not replace it with a light-water reactor was the clearest statement yet of its nuclear plans and represented a hardening of its position.

          Iran warned the United States on February 13, 2005 not to attack its nuclear facilities and said talks with Europe might produce a deal to defuse the dispute over its alleged covert ambitions to build atomic weapons. 'They know our capabilities. We have clearly told the Europeans to tell the Americans not to play with fire,' Iranian spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi told a news briefing in Tehran, referring to Washington's refusal to rule out the use of force. A heavy water facility in Arak, Iran is seen in this June 2004 satellite image. Photo by Reuters
          A heavy water facility in Arak, Iran is seen in this June 2004 satellite image.[Reuters/file]
          Both plants in question can be used to enrich uranium, a critical part in nuclear programs, but the extraction of weapons-grade material from a light-water reactor is more difficult. Uranium enriched to low grades is used for fuel in nuclear reactors, but further enrichment makes it suitable for atomic bombs.

          The statement underscored the unresolved differences between Iranian and European negotiators, who are continuing their talks over Iran's nuclear program even as the United States escalates its criticism of Iran.

          Earlier this month, US President Bush accused Iran in his State of the Union speech of being "the world's primary state sponsor of terror" and pursuing nuclear weapons. Although Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said a military strike against Iran was "simply not on the agenda at this point," Bush has said his administration would not rule out any option.

          On Sunday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi reiterated previous statements by top officials that Iran would not tolerate any acts of aggression, particularly from the United States.

          "Rice and other U.S. officials are aware of Iran's capabilities." Asefi told reporters at a news briefing. "During the talks with the Europeans, we told them in clear terms to tell their American allies not to play with fire, and the Europeans clearly got our message."

          Iranian President Mohammad Khatami last week warned that Iran would turn into a "scorching hell" for any possible attackers.

          Iran, according to experts, is believed to be at least four years away from finishing construction of the heavy-water reactor near Arak, in central Iran. Those reactors use natural uranium rather than the enriched form, which is costlier and more complicated to produce.

          Asefi rejected a proposal by European negotiators to stop building the 40-megawatt Arak reactor in return for a light-water reactor — from which the extraction of weapons-grade material is difficult.

          "We welcome the European offer ... but this won't replace the heavy-water research reactor at all. That will continue. We will pursue that," he said.

          Iran's top leaders have been adamant in recent days that Iran will not scrap its nuclear program, suspected by Washington as a program to produce a nuclear bomb.

          Asefi said Iran had long and intensive talks — "early steps forward" — with Europeans this week. He said Europe should step up its efforts to justify continuing the negotiations.

          "During the talks, we tried to make it open that the nuclear fuel cycle has economic justification and that we will continue our activities in this field," Asefi said.

          Asefi also said Iran plans to become a major nuclear fuel supplier, part of a program that Iran says is for peaceful domestic energy purposes but Washington says is aimed at producing an atomic bomb.

          "We intend to turn into an important and a major player in the nuclear fuel supply market in the next 15 years because there will be (an) energy shortage in the future," Asefi said.

          Separately, The Washington Post reported Sunday that the United States has been flying unmanned surveillance drones over Iran since last year to look for evidence of nuclear weapons programs and to probe the country's air defenses.

          Asefi did not comment on the report, saying, "It's the job of the intelligence and security services to comment on this."

          Iran suspended uranium enrichment and all related activities in November, hoping to build trust and avoid U.N. Security Council sanctions. The International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, Austria, is monitoring the suspension.



          Muslim world protests over caricatures
          Syrians protest over Mohammad cartoon
          Wife of US civil rights leader Martin Luther King dies
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          New protests erupt in cartoon row, restraint urged

           

             
           

          2 Chinese shot dead in S. African robbery

           

             
           

          SEPA calls for quick reporting of pollution

           

             
           

          Iran tells nuke agency to remove cameras

           

             
           

          Energy law aims at power conservation

           

             
           

          DPRK-Japan talks slow over abduction issue

           

             
            Iran tells nuke agency to remove cameras
             
            New protests erupt in cartoon row, restraint urged
             
            Northern Ireland negotiations resume
             
            US asked Britain about transferring prisoner via Britain
             
            Japan: Abduction row key to North Korea ties
             
            Breakthrough in Sri Lanka peace bid, Geneva talks on
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 五月婷网站| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院蜜桃| 亚洲高清在线天堂精品| 麻豆成人精品国产免费| 国产成人免费无码AV| 国产蜜臀av在线一区二区| 四虎亚洲国产成人久久精品| 浪漫樱花免费播放高清版在线观看| 中文文字幕文字幕亚洲色| 中文无码av一区二区三区| 日本人一区二区在线观看| 欧美寡妇xxxx黑人猛交| 久青草精品视频在线观看| 免费大黄网站在线观看| 国产精品色内内在线观看| 91日本在线观看亚洲精品| 亚洲无人区码一二三区别| 91精品乱码一区二区三区| 成人午夜在线观看日韩| 97久久精品无码一区二区| 国产欧美日韩专区发布| 福利一区二区视频在线| 亚洲AV无码专区电影在线观看| 在线播放国产精品一品道| 精品国产一区二区三区av性色| 丰满少妇特黄一区二区三区| 国产美女裸身网站免费观看视频| 尤物yw193无码点击进入| 亚洲av无码精品色午夜| 色妞色视频一区二区三区四区| 蜜臀av久久国产午夜福利软件| 日本亚洲色大成网站www久久| 亚洲不卡一区三区三区四| 成人看的污污超级黄网站免费| 伊人色综合一区二区三区影院视频 | 亚洲av色夜色精品一区| 九九热在线视频观看最新| 高清破外女出血AV毛片| 人妻有码中文字幕在线| 一边摸一边抽搐一进一出视频| 国产精品熟女一区二区三区|