<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Deal reached on Jericho handover
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-15 18:17

          JERUSALEM - A Palestinian negotiator said Tuesday he has reached final agreement with Israel on the handover of the West Bank town of Jericho to Palestinian control, including the removal of the main Israeli roadblock in the area, in what would be an important precedent for pullbacks from four more West Bank towns in coming weeks.

          However, Israeli military officials said negotiations are continuing.

          Palestinian police officers practice taking over a building during a training session in the West Bank town of Jericho, Monday Feb. 14, 2005. Following last week's summit in Sharm el-Sheik, Israel is to turnover the control of five West Bank towns to the Palestinian Authority security forces in coming weeks. Jericho is scheduled to be the first one. [AP]
          Palestinian police officers practice taking over a building during a training session in the West Bank town of Jericho, Monday Feb. 14, 2005. Following last week's summit in Sharm el-Sheik, Israel is to turnover the control of five West Bank towns to the Palestinian Authority security forces in coming weeks. Jericho is scheduled to be the first one. [AP]
          In Israel, hundreds of Jewish settlers and their supporters blocked several main roads during evening rush hour Monday, scuffling with police, burning tires and causing traffic jams, to protest Israel's planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip this summer. Police dragged protesters away and detained dozens.

          The protest came as Jewish extremists increasingly targeted politicians who support the withdrawal. Several Cabinet ministers have received threatening letters in recent days, alarming law enforcement officials who fear ultranationalists could try to harm Israeli leaders.

          Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon told legislators Monday that he has hired private security guards to protect the grave of his wife, Lily, for fear it would be desecrated by opponents to his withdrawal plan.

          The handover of five West Bank towns to Palestinian control was agreed on in principle by Sharon and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas at a meeting last week. However, a last-minute dispute over the removal of roadblocks and the area to be handed over held up the first Israeli pullback, from Jericho.

          The Palestinians consider Jericho a test case for future withdrawals.

          They insisted that all roadblocks surrounding the town be removed, and that the adjacent village of Al Awja be included in the handover. In the past, Israel temporarily pulled out of some West Bank towns, but left roadblocks in place, severely restricting Palestinian travel.

          The United States has urged Israel to move quickly to improve the lives of ordinary Palestinians in order to boost support for Abbas. A removal of roadblocks would be the clearest sign of change, but Israel is reluctant, citing security concerns. Israel set up a network of roadblocks in the West Bank after the outbreak of fighting in 2000, to keep Palestinian suicide bombers and gunmen out of Israel.

          Four years of violence largely bypassed Jericho, isolated from the rest of the West Bank population centers. Israeli forces rarely entered the town, but soldiers at roadblocks control entry and exit.

          In negotiations on the handover of Jericho, Israeli officials wanted to keep the main roadblock in place. Israel also balked at handing over Al Awja, since a highway used by Israelis runs through it.

          Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat, who lives in Jericho, said Tuesday that Israel in the end agreed to remove the main roadblock and to withdraw from Al Awja. Erekat said the agreement came in a meeting with Sharon aide Dov Weisglass late Monday.

          However, Israeli army officials said no final decision was made and that negotiations would continue. They said security officials from both sides would meet Tuesday.

          Later Tuesday, parliament was to begin a two-day debate on the Gaza withdrawal plan, to be capped by a final vote on the pullout Wednesday. Sharon is assured a wide margin of victory, despite intense opposition from hardliners, including members of his Likud Party.

          On Sunday, Sharon plans to ask his Cabinet to endorse the pullout, authorized in principle several months ago. The procedural vote is necessary because the Justice Ministry ruled that Jewish settlers who will be forced out of their homes must be given five months' notice. The Cabinet will be asked later to vote on each of the withdrawal's four phases as they come up.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          At least 203 killed, 22 injured in Liaoning coal mine blast

           

             
           

          Pop stars to sing out against pirate music

           

             
           

          Post-festival passenger flow peaks

           

             
           

          China condemns murder of Lebanese ex-PM

           

             
           

          Iran mosque fire kills 59, injures 250

           

             
           

          Bush requests $82B for Iraq, Afghan wars

           

             
            Missile defense system fails another test
             
            Prosecutor seeks 222,000 years for Qaeda suspects
             
            Scientists study possible new HIV strain in NY
             
            Bush requests $82B for Iraq, Afghan wars
             
            Colombia, Venezuela floods death toll exceeds 80
             
            Iran mosque fire kills 59, injures 250
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲无人区码二码三码区| 好男人在线观看免费播放| 久久综合偷拍视频五月天| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲七区| av中文字幕在线二区| 国内精品极品久久免费看| 亚洲国产永久精品成人麻豆| 精品国产一区av天美传媒| 无码熟妇人妻AV影音先锋| 亚洲欧美成人一区二区三区| 国产精品va无码一区二区| 国精品午夜福利视频不卡| 亚洲熟妇中文字幕日产无码 | 亚洲高请码在线精品av| 久久毛片少妇高潮| 亚洲精品韩国一区二区| 精品中文人妻中文字幕| 亚洲va中文字幕欧美不卡| 亚洲人妻精品中文字幕| 日韩AV高清在线看片| 亚洲综合中文字幕首页| 免费播放岛国影片av| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉| 99久久精品国产毛片| 国产成人无码免费视频在线| 男男freegayvideosxxxx| 久久夜色精品国产噜噜亚洲sv| 伊人天天久大香线蕉av色| 91精品国产综合蜜臀蜜臀| 一本大道久久香蕉成人网| 国产无遮挡猛进猛出免费| 国产成人免费午夜在线观看| 亚洲色av天天天天天天| 精品国产中文字幕av| 久久这里只精品热免费99| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠视频| 国产色a在线观看| 国产精品一区二区三区三级| 97久久超碰国产精品2021| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区下载| 亚洲男人第一av天堂|