<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel agrees to evacuate Gaza border
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-19 10:24

          Israel has agreed in principle to evacuate a road along the Gaza-Egypt border that has been a major flashpoint of violence in recent years, Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Friday after a Palestinian official warned that continued Israeli military patrols there would invite attacks.

          Israeli officials said in the past that soldiers would need to remain in the Philadelphi corridor after the planned Gaza Strip pullout this summer to prevent weapons smuggling, but a new spirit of cooperation in the region following last month's election of Mahmoud Abbas as Palestinian leader could make a pullback more palatable.

          Also Friday, the Haaretz daily newspaper published a proposed revision to the route of Israel's separation barrier that runs closer to Israel's boundary with the West Bank but also puts two major West Bank settlement blocs on the Israeli side of the barrier. Israel's Cabinet is scheduled to vote on the new route Sunday.

          The Cabinet was also expected to approve Sharon's Gaza withdrawal plan. Under the Cabinet resolution, the most isolated Gaza settlements — Netzarim, Morag and Kfar Darom — would be evacuated first, followed by four northern West Bank settlements, then the main southern Gaza settlement bloc of Gush Katif and finally three northern Gaza settlements.

          The pullout will take three months, beginning in July, with separate Cabinet votes on each of the four phases.

          Sharon has demanded the Palestinians halt all attacks during the pullout, and Mohammed Dahlan, an Abbas security adviser, told Israel Radio on Friday that the withdrawal would not take place under Palestinian fire.

          But Dahlan also called on Israel to evacuate the Philadelphi road, saying it could turn into another Chebaa Farms, a disputed area on the Israel-Lebanon border where Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas periodically attack Israeli soldiers.

          Government legal experts have indicated Israel would need to leave the corridor as part of the pullout if it wanted to officially end its occupation of Gaza under international law.

          But some officials worried that leaving the Philadelphi road would allow militants to increase weapons smuggling and even bring in advanced missiles to attack Israel.

          The atmosphere has improved, however, with Abbas' election and the new cease-fire between Israel and the Palestinians.

          Peres, when asked if a handover of the road had been agreed to in principle, told Israel Radio: "Yes, but in principle takes less time than in practice."

          "I think we are trying to find a solution for it that would allow freedom of movement for Palestinians in Gaza. Otherwise, they will be closed in from all sides," he said.

          Peres said any solution would have to be mediated with Egypt, which has offered to send 750 border guards to the area to prevent weapons smuggling.

          The Philadelphi road has been perhaps the most volatile strip of land during the past four years of violence. Israel, which has uncovered a series of weapons smuggling tunnels running under the border, guards the corridor with watchtowers armed with heavy machine guns and vehicle patrols.

          Palestinian gunmen often attack Israeli positions from the Rafah refugee camp, adjacent to the road. The army has responded by demolishing rows of hundreds of houses near the road.

          Peres, leader of the dovish Labor Party, also said he would support the new separation barrier route, which was redrawn after Israel's Supreme Court ruled that the previous route was needlessly disruptive to Palestinians' lives.

          Palestinians say the route, which dips into the West Bank, is an Israeli attempt to take land they want for a future state. Israel says it needs the barrier to block suicide bombers and other Palestinian attackers who have killed hundreds of Israelis.

          The new route runs much closer to the West Bank boundary but still would include between 6 percent and 8 percent of West Bank land on the Israeli side, Peres said. It also would include the large settlement blocs of Maaleh Adumim and Gush Etzion on the Israel side, according to Haaretz.

          "In contrast to earlier maps it does not penetrate too deeply into Palestinian territory and answers, in a reasonable manner, security needs," Peres told Israel Radio.

          Palestinian Cabinet Secretary Hassan Abu Libdeh condemned the proposed route.

          "As long as this wall exists on Palestinian land, it will be considered an illegal and aggressive action against the Palestinians and a strategic threat to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state. So the Palestinian Authority will keep struggling on both the legal and political levels to remove this wall from our land," he said.

          In July, the U.N. world court ruled that barrier of concrete walls, razor wire and trenches was illegal and must be dismantled. Israel ignored the advisory ruling.

          Also Friday, thousands of Palestinians demonstrated in Gaza City, demanding the release of all 8,000 Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails. Israel has agreed to release 500 next week as a gesture to Abbas, with more to follow.

          Sayed Sayem of the radical Hamas movement told the demonstrators that Israel's failure to free all the prisoners could lead Hamas to back out of the de facto truce.

          "If the prisoners are not released ... the resistance will continue and our hands will still be tied to our rifles," he said.

          Meanwhile, Palestinian Brig. Gen. Nasser Yousef, expected to be interior minister in the new Palestinian Cabinet, met with new U.S. security envoy Army Lt. Gen. William E. Ward, who was exploring ways to reform the Palestinian security forces and to strengthen the cease-fire, Abu Libdeh said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Experts: China to become 'developed country' in 2080

           

             
           

          Official: Theatre construction to continue

           

             
           

          China, US agree on North Korea nukes

           

             
           

          China slams US remarks on military

           

             
           

          Shiites in Iraq attacked in five bombings

           

             
           

          Death toll in coal mine blast rises to 213

           

             
            Russia to cooperate on Iran nuke program
             
            Kashmiris wait for bus for hugs across frontier
             
            Indonesia says 2 journalists seized in Iraq
             
            Negroponte selected as US intelligence chief
             
            Iran urges alliance against U.S. plots
             
            Three blasts kill at least 17 in Baghdad
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 中文字幕第55页一区| 亚洲午夜久久久久久久久久| 国产高清一区二区不卡| 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播| 麻豆亚洲自偷拍精品日韩另| 久久综合精品国产一区二区三区无 | 国产成人AV性色在线影院| 日本一卡二卡3卡四卡网站精品| 坐盗市亚洲综合一二三区| 国精产品自偷自偷ym使用方法| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 午夜免费福利小电影| 国产在线视频46p| 亚洲夜夜欢一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品高清久久久| 中文国产不卡一区二区| 国产成人午夜福利高清在线观看| 久草国产在线观看| 免费AV片在线观看网址| 视频在线只有精品日韩| 久久人与动人物a级毛片| 国产精品白浆无码流出在线看| 九九热热久久这里只有精品| 乱人伦人妻系列| 成人av天堂男人资源站| 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 亚洲精品日韩在线观看| 乱人伦中文字幕成人网站在线| 欧美奶涨边摸边做爰视频| 亚洲 日本 欧洲 欧美 视频| 国产一区二区三区美女| 国产美女白丝袜精品_a不卡| 乳欲人妻办公室奶水| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看| 欧美视频专区一二在线观看| 精品久久高清| 精品视频在线观看免费观看| 欧美制服丝袜亚洲另类在线| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区| 国产亚洲曝欧美精品手机在线|