<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          116 confirmed dead in Bangladesh ferry sinking
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-21 14:44

          Rescuers have recovered the bodies of 116 people after a ferry capsized near the Bangladesh capital Dhaka at the weekend, officials said as the search resumed for scores of people believed to be missing.

          "We recovered one more body late last night and 34 more this morning taking the number of dead to 116," Navy Lieutenant Commander Mahbubul Rashid, who is in charge of the salvage operation, told AFP on Monday.

          The two-deck ferry capsized late Saturday when it was hit by a pre-monsoon cyclone in the Buriganga river on the outskirts of Dhaka.

          Three Bangladeshi women mourn after recovering the bodies of dead relatives, following a ferry disaster near Dhaka(AFP/Farjana K. Godhuly)
          Three Bangladeshi women mourn after recovering the bodies of dead relatives, following a ferry disaster near Dhaka. [AFP]
          "Another salvage vessel has arrived and we have been able to lift the launch a little but there are still parts of the boat that we have not been able to get to," Rashid said.

          "It's possible that there are more bodies still trapped inside," he said.

          Survivors have said they believed up to 500 people had been on board the boat, although the official number of passengers was 167.

          Up to 5,000 people, including many distraught relatives of the missing, gathered to watch the resumed salvage operation Monday.

          The search was called off late Sunday after 82 bodies had been recovered.

          "I know my brother was on board this ship so I believe he is dead," said one man, who gave his name as Aminul.

          "I didn't want to go home so I stayed here all night. I will wait until they bring his body from the launch," he said.

          Another man named Kabir said his elder bother and nephew had been on board.

          "I have been here since 4:00 pm yesterday because I know they were on the launch. The search is very slow. It is like torture standing here watching each body being brought out wondering if it is them," he said.

          Survivors said they had jumped from the upper deck and swam for the shore after the boat began to capsize in stormy conditions. Many lost family members in the dark and confusion, they said.

          "It was very crowded. There were more than 400 on board, I think. There were heavy winds and the ferry lurched. It was chaos," said survivor Delwar Hossain who lost his 20-year-old daughter Beauty.

          The vessel, the MV Maharaj, had been sailing from the capital to the central town of Chandpur.

          Shipping Minister Akbar Hossain visited the scene Sunday. He pledged that new measures approved last year to reduce the number of lives being lost in the regular ferry accidents in Bangladesh would be implemented immediately.

          The measures include modernisation of old ferries, extra checks to ensure safety certificates are up to date and monitoring to prevent overloading. They had been due to come into force at the end of April.

          As part of the project, 11 weather forecasting stations are also due to be set up along main rivers.

          At least 3,000 people have died in more than 260 ferry accidents in Bangladesh since 1977. A combination of rough weather and overcrowding is often to blame.

          In the last major incident, 81 people died in one night last May when several ferries capsized in storms in southern Bangladesh.

          The delta nation is criss-crossed by a network of 230 rivers with some 3,000 ferries providing daily transport for more than 100,000 people.

          The government last year imposed tough restrictions on overcrowding in an attempt to reduce the number of lives being lost.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Non-government group plans to lease, develop Diaoyudao

           

             
           

          FM: US-Japan statement on Taiwan wrong

           

             
           

          Brown: China's peaceful rise not a threat

           

             
           

          Senior Chinese official consults DPRK

           

             
           

          Private airlines ready to take off in China

           

             
           

          Medical research on stem cells to continue

           

             
            Israel OKs Gaza pullout in historic vote
             
            Bush lands in Europe, aiming to mend ties
             
            British official to talk trade in China
             
            Fatah legislators approve new Palestinian cabinet
             
            U.S. doubles troops in Afghan army
             
            N.Korea denounces Tokyo attitude as 'plot'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bangladesh ferry sinks, at least 37 killed
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码AV中文字幕久久专区| 91国内精品久久精品一本| 视频一区视频二区制服丝袜 | 日韩成人一区二区三区在线观看| 亚洲一二三区精品美妇| 特级无码毛片免费视频尤物| 亚洲综合小综合中文字幕| 无码中文字幕av免费放| 国产日韩精品免费二三氏| 亚洲av无码专区在线亚| 免费一本色道久久一区| 国产无人区码一区二区| 久久亚洲精少妇毛片午夜无码| 国产午夜福利不卡在线观看| 国产精品乱码久久久久久小说| 国产精品无码a∨麻豆| 最近2019中文字幕免费看| 男人av无码天堂| 成人国产精品日本在线观看| 成人aaa片一区国产精品| 国产99视频精品免费视频36| 国产精品-区区久久久狼| 亚洲第一狼人成人综合网| 99久久精品午夜一区二区 | 蜜臀av一区二区三区精品| 国产黄色一区二区三区四区| 欧洲码亚洲码的区别入口| 野花韩国高清电影| 成人午夜国产内射主播| 亚洲精品熟女一区二区| 亚洲国产韩国一区二区| 中文字幕国产精品一二区| 久久综合色一综合色88欧美| 亚洲男人av天堂久久资源| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖| 男人一天堂精品国产乱码| 疯狂做受xxxx高潮欧美日本| 蜜桃一区二区三区在线看| 手机无码人妻一区二区三区免费| 国产福利精品一区二区| 国语精品一区二区三区|