<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Seven more killed as violence worsens in Thai south
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-25 09:47

          Seven people have been shot dead thsi week in escalating attacks in Thailand's south, police said as the government stepped back from a controversial scheme to deny funding to Muslim villages seen as supporting insurgents.

          The seven were killed since Tuesday in the mainly Buddhist kingdom's three southernmost Muslim-majority provinces, where an insurgency blamed on Islamic separatists erupted a year ago.

          Security personel stand guard on the road to Be Tong in Southern Thailand. Seven people have been shot dead in Thailand's south, police said as the government stepped back from a controversial scheme to deny funding to Muslim villages seen as supporting insurgents.(AFP/File/Saeed Khan)
          Security personel stand guard on the road to Be Tong in Southern Thailand. Seven people have been shot dead in Thailand's south, police said as the government stepped back from a controversial scheme to deny funding to Muslim villages seen as supporting insurgents.[AFP/File]
          Violence has surged since Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's overwhelming re-election on February 6, and took a frightening new turn last week when insurgents detonated their first car bomb just hours after the premier ended a tour of the region.

          The latest attacks in Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat provinces targeted mainly government workers and police.

          Police Sergeant Adul Wansu, 50, was gunned down at a market in Chanae district in Narathiwat Thursday afternoon.

          "There were three gunmen," a policeman in Chanae told AFP by telephone. "They actually tried to shoot two police but the gun failed to go off" in the second shooting.

          Earlier Thursday police Sergeant Prawit Kasalo was shot dead also by three gunmen in Pattani's Mayo district, while a bullet grazed the forehead of his colleague, police said.

          Four people were killed in scattered attacks on Wednesday, according to police.

          They included a Muslim deputy chief for Banang Star district in Yala, a former village chief in Muang district of Narathiwat, a Buddhist grocery store owner gunned down in his Yala shop, and a volunteer security guard in Pattani's Panare district.

          A police sergeant was shot and injured in Pattani's Yaring district late Wednesday.

          On Tuesday, Den Kama, the 36-year-old chief of the Muslim village of Tohbala in Pattani, was shot dead by unidentified attackers on a motorcycle as he was returning from prayers at a mosque.

          At least 610 people have now been killed in southern violence since January 2004 in the region near the Malaysian border.

          The region is more than 80 percent Muslim and the people are ethnically Malays.

          Amid a barrage of criticism over Thaksin's heavy-handed policies to snuff out the insurgency, his government Thursday stepped back from his contentious scheme to categorise Muslim villages, based on their perceived support for the insurgents.

          The scheme, which divides about 1,500 villages into red, yellow or green zones, is only a proposal, said government spokesman Jakrapob Penkair.

          Under the plan, more than 350 red villages would see state funding cut so that taxpayer money would not be used to sponsor insurgents, Thaksin said in announcing the policy last week.

          Critics said the plan was discriminatory and unconstitutional and likely to inflame tensions.

          Human Rights Watch slammed Thaksin's overall tactics, saying it threatened to attract more Islamic militants.

          "The policies that the government seems to be pursuing almost seem aimed at attracting jihadis," said Brad Adams, HRW's executive director for Asia, noting discomfort in Malaysia and Indonesia over the heavy-handed approach.

          He also said the policy of blocking funding to some Muslim villages "will inflame tensions rather than resolve them."

          But Jakrapob said that "the zoning is merely an idea, not government policy, and as of now it is not being implemented or prepared at all."

          "There was not any instruction which could lead to the separation of villagers. The government wants to offer reassurances that that was not a government policy," he added.

          Thaksin had earlier berated the many critics of the plan, saying: "What should we do? Give them money so they can buy bombs?"

          Thaksin has called the first emergency session of parliament in more than 12 years for next month to address the southern issue, the most intractable problem his government has faced.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          South Korean nabbed in illegal banking

           

             
           

          Central bank warns of inflation threat

           

             
           

          US says 'thousands' of missiles missing

           

             
           

          British minister: EU may fall behind China

           

             
           

          Beijing chides Clinton for planned Taiwan visit

           

             
           

          Survey: China, India rival US competitiveness

           

             
            Palestinians pick highly educated cabinet
             
            Judge dismisses YUKOS bankruptcy case
             
            30 die in series of attacks across Iraq
             
            Seven more killed as violence worsens in Thai south
             
            Syria to pull back troops in Lebanon
             
            Pope has emergency operation after breathing crisis
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Thailand cabinet OKs new infantry unit
             
          Bombs wound 8 in Thai south before Thaksin trip
             
          Thaksin expected to win Thailand election
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品无码av一区二区三区| 亚洲综合中文字幕首页| 嫩草伊人久久精品少妇av| 久热99热这里只有精品| 亚洲精品97久久中文字幕无码| 性欧美大战久久久久久久| 国产三区二区| 九九色这里只有精品国产| 国产成人av大片大片| 亚洲狠狠色丁香婷婷综合| 99久久精品费精品国产一区二 | 四川丰满少妇无套内谢| 国产精品久久久久人妻无码| av免费在线观看国产| 国产亚洲色视频在线| 国产成人亚洲综合无码精品| 又爽又黄又无遮挡的激情视频| 亚洲AV永久无码天堂网一线| 男男欧美一区二区| 好男人官网资源在线观看| 狠狠综合久久综合鬼色| 蜜臀av一区二区三区不卡| 久久人人97超碰人人澡爱香蕉| 欧美视频免费一区二区三区| 日韩V欧美V中文在线| 在线观看国产久青草| 成人一区二区三区激情视频 | 97久久精品人人做人人爽| 亚洲一区二区乱码精品| 吃奶还摸下面动态图gif| 国产香蕉国产精品偷在线观看 | 久久高清超碰AV热热久久| 精品无码三级在线观看视频| 国产精品午夜福利合集| 欧美肥婆性猛交xxxx| 2021亚洲国产精品无码| 在线观看国产精品日本不卡网| 偷拍视频一区二区三区四区 | 精品国产女同疯狂摩擦2 | 女人腿张开让男人桶爽| 亚洲成av人片在www色猫咪|