<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          French hostage in Iraq pleads for help
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-01 21:06

          BAGHDAD - Kidnapped French journalist Florence Aubenas, taken hostage with her driver in Baghdad more than seven weeks ago, made a desperate appeal for help in a video tape released by Iraqi insurgents Tuesday.

          A frame grab taken from a video tape released by insurgents March 1, 2005, shows kidnapped French journalist Florence Aubenas at an undisclosed location. [Reuters]
          "My name is Florence Aubenas. I'm French. I'm a journalist with Liberation," she said on the undated tape, speaking in broken English and apparently distraught and exhausted.

          "My health is very bad. I'm very bad psychologically also," she said, staring at the camera intently. Dressed in a gray sweatshirt and black trousers, she sat with her knees drawn up to her chest in front of a dark red background.

          The tape underlined Iraq's desperate security situation a day after a suicide bomber killed 125 people south of Baghdad in the single deadliest attack since Saddam Hussein's fall.

          The tape is the first of Aubenas to be released since she and her Iraqi driver Hussein Hanun al-Saadi were seized in Baghdad on Jan. 5, and the first indication that she at least is alive. The driver does not appear in the tape.

          Looking frail, Aubenas sounded desperate and appealed for help to a French parliamentarian.

          "I ask particularly for the help of the French deputy Didier Julia. Help me Mr. Julia, help me. It's urgent," she said.

          Julia, a member of the lower house of parliament from President Jacques Chirac's conservative UMP party, came to Iraq last September on a freelance effort to try to secure the release of two other kidnapped French journalists.

          The effort failed and the government denied it had approved his intervention. When the journalists Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot were finally released in December after four months in captivity, they criticized Julia's mission.

          The foreign editor of Liberation, Francois Sergent, said: "It is both what we feared and what we hoped for," explaining that he had not seen the video.

          "It is a sign that they are alive, of course, but we also feared this because the hostages are being held in conditions that make the pictures terrible to see."

          SECURITY CRISIS

          Aubenas is one of two female journalists being held. Italian Giuliana Sgrena, a reporter for Rome daily Il Manifesto, was abducted early last month as she conducted interviews in Baghdad. A tape of her pleading for her life was released nearly two weeks ago, but no word has been heard since.

          Aubenas, who appeared from the tape to have lost weight while in captivity, was believed to have been snatched from her car shortly after leaving her central Baghdad hotel.

          Her plight underscored the security crisis facing Iraq, where a new post-election government that has yet to be formed faces suicide bombings, shootings and kidnappings in an insurgency that shows no signs of easing after nearly two years.

          Monday, a suicide bomber detonated his vehicle near a crowd of people seeking jobs in the southern town of Hilla, killing 125 people and wounded 130.

          Police have opened an investigation into the attack in the largely Shi'ite Muslim town, but said no arrests had been made.

          Residents of the impoverished town began burying the dead. Wooden coffins were put on top of cars.

          "Is this jihad (holy war)?" asked one angry man, referring to Arab Muslim militants fighting in Iraq. "This is not holy war. This is the work of infidels."

          A man stood weeping at the morgue. An infant who was killed in the blast lay on the floor. "He was hit in the back of the neck by shrapnel," said a man.

          Iraqi and U.S. officials had hoped the Jan. 30 elections, which witnessed a big turnout in most of Iraq, would help lead to an easing of the violence that has become routine.

          But insurgents have kept up attacks while politicians horse trade over who will fill the top government jobs. Officials say Sunni insurgents are trying to ignite a civil war with attacks like the one in Hilla.

          INVESTIGATION

          Aubenas is at least the third French journalist to be kidnapped in Iraq, where more than 130 foreigners have been seized over the past 18 months. Hundreds of Iraqis have also been kidnapped for ransom over the same period.

          In Paris, parliamentarian Julia told Reuters he was checking with the head of a parliamentary commission to see whether he could respond to Aubenas' plea for help. Since an investigation is under way into his intervention over Malbrunot and Chesnot it was not clear whether he would be allowed to do so.

          "The government has known for a month where she is. If the ministers are incapable of doing anything, what do you want me to do?" he said by telephone. He gave no explanation of what he meant by saying the government knew where Aubenas was.

          French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier said in London: "We need to check this cassette very carefully. We will take all the measures that we consider useful. We will spare no effort."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's divorce rate up 21.2 percent in 2004

           

             
           

          GDP ecological costs closely calculated

           

             
           

          KMT envoy to embark on mainland visit

           

             
           

          US may buy military equipment from Taiwan

           

             
           

          Suicide bomb kills 125 near Iraq marketplace

           

             
           

          Survey shows stock market top concern

           

             
            French hostage in Iraq pleads for help
             
            War on terror lets poppies return to Pakistan
             
            How do politicians sleep at night? Answer: they don't
             
            Suicide bomb kills 125 near Iraq marketplace
             
            Bin Laden enlisting Al-Zarqawi for attacks
             
            U.N. atomic agency chief chides Iran
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          3 hostages freed by rebels enter Jordan
             
          Indonesian journalists freed in Iraq: Sunni leaders
             
          Kidnapped Italian reporter shown on tape
             
          US forces storm Iraqi house, free Egyptians
             
          Hostages leave Spanish consulate in Berne - police
             
          Gunmen abduct 4 Egyptian workers in Iraq
             
          Call made from phone of abducted Italian in Iraq
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 蜜桃亚洲一区二区三区四| 国产精品久久蜜臀av| 少妇被躁到高潮人苞一| 日韩人妻av一区二区三区| 久久国产乱子精品免费女| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 成人午夜看黄在线尤物成人| 玩弄漂亮少妇高潮白浆| 成人啪精品视频网站午夜| 麻豆高清免费国产一区| 体态丰腴的微胖熟女的特征| 日韩成人一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产一区二区三区导航| 国产无遮挡又黄又大又爽| 伊人久在线观看视频| 2020国产欧洲精品网站| 亚洲欧美日韩尤物AⅤ一区| 亚洲国产韩国欧美在线| 暖暖 在线 日本 免费 中文| 久久WWW免费人成看片入口| 亚洲欧洲日韩国内高清| 色在线 | 国产| 国产一区二区精品久久呦| 国产精品自在在线午夜区app| 99国产精品一区二区蜜臀| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 最新精品露脸国产在线| 国产精品亚欧美一区二区三区| 精品国产福利久久久| 久久精品国产亚洲AV麻| 国产精品一区二区人人爽| 久青草国产在视频在线观看| 日韩av在线不卡一区二区三区 | 日韩一卡2卡3卡4卡新区亚洲 | 国产精品一区 在线播放| 亚洲男同gay在线观看| 一区二区三区综合在线视频| 亚在线观看免费视频入口| 欧洲无码一区二区三区在线观看| 久久高潮少妇视频免费| 成人看的污污超级黄网站免费 |