<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          U.N. calls for probe of Colombia massacre
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-04 09:08

          A United Nations official called Thursday for an investigation into the massacre of eight civilians following accusations Colombian Army soldiers carried out the killings, in which victims were hacked to pieces.

          The attack was one of the most horrific in Colombia's brutal war. The eight victims, including three young children and a teenage girl, were buried on a farm in northwest Colombia. A former mayor and a priest have blamed government troops for the massacre.

          "The authorities have the great challenge of finding out what happened," Amerigo Incalcaterra, a top member of the United Nations human rights office in Colombia, said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press. "Those who are responsible must be brought before the courts, no matter who they are."

          Incalcaterra, an Italian, visited the region where the massacre occurred and said members of a "peace community" — whose leader Luis Eduardo Guerra was one of those killed in the Feb. 21 massacre — are terrified that more bloodshed will occur.

          Hours after the U.N. official visited the community on Wednesday near the town of Apartado, a convoy of Colombian prosecutors protected by police came under gunfire on the same road, killing one of the policemen and critically wounding another.

          Incalcaterra said that attack must also be investigated, adding that the situation "is very delicate." In the interview, he drew no conclusions about who may have been behind the massacre and the attack on the convoy, saying it was up to prosecutors.

          "There is a sickness about the people who carried out this horrific crime," Incalcaterra said. "There is no justification for it."

          Colombian Defense Minister Jorge Alberto Uribe earlier denied that army troops carried out the killings, saying no soldiers were in the area at the time. The area is controlled by the army's 17th Brigade. Last month, 19 members of the 17th Brigade were killed in a rebel ambush.

          A cleric who has been close with residents of the Peace Community of San Jose de Apartado said Thursday that they believe the army carried out the massacre in retaliation for the rebel ambush, suspecting that the guerrillas had infiltrated the community. The cleric, interviewed by the AP, did not want to be identified by name for security reasons.

          The archbishop of Apartado, German Garcia Isaza, condemned the massacre and in a statement called for a rigorous investigation, saying "this blood that has been spilled screams for justice."

          Also killed in the massacre were Guerra's wife, his son and five other residents of the peace community, which tries to isolate itself from Colombia's 40-year-old conflict by barring armed groups from entering. Colombia's war pits the U.S.-backed government forces against two leftist rebel groups. Outlawed right-wing paramilitary forces have also been battling the rebels.

          Gloria Cuartas, the former mayor of Apartado, located 280 miles northwest of the capital Bogota, and Jesuit priest Javier Giraldo have accused army troops of carrying out the massacre.

          "The army in Uraba has no moral authority to defend and protect the population," Cuartas told the AP in a telephone interview.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Nation sees the power of CPPCC proposals

           

             
           

          China lashes out at US human rights violations

           

             
           

          Birth defects on rise after checks loosened

           

             
           

          Today's special: slam dunking super star

           

             
           

          China experiences rising school dropout rate

           

             
           

          US troop deaths in Iraq rise to 1,500

           

             
            Bush edges toward Europe on Iran nuclear crisis
             
            Arab leaders urge Syria to leave Lebanon
             
            Haiti prepares for fall elections
             
            New online magazine urges Jihad in Iraq
             
            US troop deaths in Iraq rise to 1,500
             
            UN nuke board backs EU offer of incentives to Iran
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Italian kidnapped, killed, in Colombia
             
          Colombia soldiers kill 8 rebels
             
          Colombia, Venezuela floods death toll exceeds 80
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 青草成人在线视频观看 | 国产免费久久精品44| 农村老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产精品VA尤物在线观看| 免费人成网站视频在线观看国内| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 四虎国产精品永久在线无码| 国产亚洲精品第一综合麻豆| 日本真人添下面视频免费| 久操资源站| 四虎永久地址WWW成人久久| 国产性生大片免费观看性| 永久黄网站色视频免费直播| 国内精品免费久久久久电影院97| 国产精品男女爽免费视频| 免青青草免费观看视频在线 | 欧美人成精品网站播放| 日本不卡在线一区二区| 久久av中文字幕资源网| 裸体女人高潮毛片| 中文字幕一区二区久久综合| 中文字幕日韩精品有码| 国产老熟女国语免费视频| 免费国产一级特黄aa大片在线| 无码中文字幕av免费放| 亚洲更新最快无码视频| 色噜噜一区二区三区| 欧美黑人大战白嫩在线| 麻豆第一区mv免费观看网站| 各种少妇wbb撒尿| 120秒试看无码体验区| 亚洲另类激情专区小说图片| 日韩精品高清自在线| 成人区人妻精品一区二区| 亚洲国产av无码精品无广告| 国产偷国产偷亚洲高清午夜| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院 | 视频一区二区三区四区不卡| 五月天天天综合精品无码| 极品美女自拍偷精品视频| 国精产品自偷自偷ym使用方法|