<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Violence stifles Abbas' attempts at order
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-05 08:53

          A gunfight between Palestinian police and militants that left five people wounded Friday, underscoring factional violence that has weighed on Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas' efforts to restore law and order in the West Bank.

          The shooting began when more than a dozen Palestinian gunmen from a small militant group affiliated with Abbas' governing Fatah party opened fire on a police station, provoking police to return fire. There were conflicting accounts about what provoked the fight.

          A Palestinian policeman fires into the air during clashes between Fatah militants and policemen in the northern West Bank town of Nablus. [AFP]
          A Palestinian policeman fires into the air during clashes between Fatah militants and policemen in the northern West Bank town of Nablus. [AFP]
          Militants said they started shooting after police tried to arrest a fellow militant who was driving a stolen car. But a police spokesman said the group was upset that one of its members had been beaten while in police custody.

          Two policemen and three gunmen were wounded in the clash, hospital officials said.

          "I heard loud noises and gunfire," said Mohammed Zohel, a witness. "I thought the Israelis had gone into the police station, but later I saw it was gunmen fighting the police. It is a real war and very frightening."

          Abbas, trying to play down the second showdown between Palestinian authorities and militants this week, said Israel's continued presence in major Palestinian towns has impeded his ability to curb violence.

          "We hope that Israel will withdraw soon from these cities so that we can control security in these cities," Abbas said outside his home in Ramallah. "As long as the Israeli army is in the Palestinian West Bank, there will be breaches and we will deal with it."

          Abbas has been trying to persuade armed men to lay down their weapons, resisting calls from Israel and the international community for a crackdown. These calls have intensified since a Palestinian suicide bomber from the West Bank killed five Israelis in Tel Aviv on Feb. 25.

          Israel agreed last month to pull out of five West Bank towns, but the handover was suspended after the suicide bombing. Nablus was not one of the towns on that list.

          Earlier this week, tensions between the Palestinian Authority and the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a larger militant group linked to Abbas' ruling Fatah party, descended into gunfire in the nearby town of Jenin. A town warlord, irked that the Palestinian security chief, Interior Minister Nasser Yousef, had come to Jenin without his permission, opened fire on a building where the minister was holding meetings.

          Yousef ordered strongman Zakariye Zubeydi arrested, but later backed down.

          While Abbas was trying to persuade Palestinians to close ranks, the results of a new poll published Friday in Israel showed large numbers supporting Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan to evacuate the Gaza Strip and four West Bank settlements, which has riven his own governing Likud party.

          Sixty-nine percent of the respondents to the Dialogue firm's poll said they would vote in favor of the withdrawal if a referendum on it was held, while 28 percent said they would not, reported the Haaretz daily, which commissioned the poll.

          Likud rebels have demanded a plebiscite on the withdrawal, but Sharon has refused, calling it a delaying tactic by pullout opponents.

          Seventy percent of the survey's respondents predicted Sharon would continue dismantling settlements in the West Bank after the summer pullout is over.

          Methodology and sampling errors were not published in Friday's newspaper. Other polls have shown about two-thirds of the people back the pullout.

          Meanwhile, in the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip, a 2-year-old boy and two teenage boys were wounded by an old explosive device the older children were playing with.

          North of Israel, Lebanese soldiers dismantled two Katyusha rockets that had been prepared for firing at an Israeli outpost Friday, security officials said.

          The rockets were found at Tallousa, 60 miles southeast of Beirut and some two miles north of the Israeli border, the officials said on customary condition of anonymity.

          The rockets were wired to a battery and were ready to fire, the officials said. They did not say which guerrilla group was suspected of mounting the rockets for fire.

          The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and radical Palestinian groups are known to have a strong presence in that area. The district is popular with Lebanese and Arab tourists who visit a tomb at Al-Abbad of a Middle Ages hermit.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu sets forth guidelines on Taiwan

           

             
           

          Rise of China's defence spending "modest"

           

             
           

          Law only targets handful of secessionists

           

             
           

          Women to get protection from harassment

           

             
           

          China's housing prices up 14.4% last year

           

             
           

          Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout

           

             
            Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout
             
            Images show Iran heavy-water plant nearly done
             
            Political factions haggle in Iraq
             
            Bush edges toward Europe on Iran nuclear crisis
             
            Syrian leader expected to redeploy troops
             
            Bush reassures CIA employees about agency
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Tel Aviv suicide bombing kills up to five
             
          Palestinians pick highly educated cabinet
             
          Palestinians to hold thrice-delayed vote on cabinet
             
          Palestinian parliament to vote on new cabinet
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页| 好男人视频在线播放| 一级毛片免费观看不卡视频| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 人妻伦理在线一二三区| 欧美日韩国产一区二区三区欧| 又湿又黄裸乳漫画无遮挡网站| 在线播放深夜精品三级| 色吊丝av中文字幕| 国产精品亚洲综合网一区| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看| 国内免费视频成人精品| 国产精品久久久久久无毒不卡 | 久久人人97超碰人人澡爱香蕉| 国产初高中生在线视频| 国产精品人成视频免费播放| 二区中文字幕在线观看| 激情中文丁香激情综合| 高清中文字幕一区二区| 日韩a片无码一区二区五区电影| 久久夜色精品亚洲国产av| 婷婷丁香五月亚洲中文字幕| 国产一精品一av一免费| 免费人成网上在线观看网址| 又大又紧又粉嫩18p少妇| 日本高清www无色夜在线视频| 成人深夜福利av在线| 国产999久久高清免费观看| 日韩av片无码一区二区三区不卡| 中文字幕国产在线精品| 国产精品青草视频免费播放| 亚洲第一区二区国产精品| 亚洲av二区国产精品| 天堂在线最新版在线天堂| 一级做a爰片在线播放| 亚洲色大成网站www在线| 国产一区韩国主播| 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 丰满少妇被猛烈进入av久久| 国产高清一区二区不卡| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码久久不卡|