<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pro-Syria PM set to return, seek unity
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-10 08:51

          Lebanon's pro-Syrian prime minister who was forced to resign last week was set to return to his job on Thursday, faced with the daunting task of forming a government with pro-Damascus allies and anti-Syrian opponents.

          More Syrian troops pulled back to eastern Lebanon, with some crossing the border, in the start of a two-phase withdrawal, and US President Bush piled pressure on Damascus to end the "heavy-handed" influence of Syrian intelligence in Lebanon.

          But pro-Syrian rallies that drew hundreds of thousands of people onto the streets of Beirut and Damascus in the last two days dwarfed previous protests in Beirut demanding the Syrians leave and which led to the ouster of Prime Minister Omar Karami.

          Lebanon's then prime minister Omar Karami speaks during an interview with Reuters in his office in Beirut in this February 24, 2005 file photo. A majority in Lebanon's parliament nominated recently resigned pro-Syrian prime minister Omar Karami on March 9, 2005 to form a new government, political sources said. REUTERS/Jamal Saidi
          Lebanon's then prime minister Omar Karami speaks during an interview with Reuters in his office in Beirut in this February 24, 2005 file photo. A majority in Lebanon's parliament nominated recently resigned pro-Syrian prime minister Omar Karami on March 9, 2005 to form a new government, political sources said.[Reuters/file]
          A majority of Lebanon's 128 deputies nominated Karami on Wednesday, an outcome sure to irritate the anti-Syrian opposition who pressured him to resign last week.

          Lebanon's Syrian-backed President Emile Lahoud was now bound to charge Karami with forming a "national unity" government to lead the country to elections scheduled for May, and was expected to make the announcement on Thursday.

          Washington said that Syria should not influence the shape of the new lineup, expected to last only two months.

          "This new government should reflect the will of the Lebanese people, not of Damascus," said State Department spokeswoman Darla Jordan. "There should be no further attempt by the governments of Syria and Lebanon to intimidate or sideline the Lebanese opposition in the run up to parliamentary elections."

          PARLIAMENTARY POLLS

          Bush said Washington and its allies were considering what steps to take if Syria refused to fully withdraw to ensure that the parliamentary polls are free.

          "We're working with friends and allies about steps forward, what to do," he told reporters in Washington.

          "In order for those elections to be free in Lebanon, the Syrians must remove their troops as well as their intelligence services," Bush said.

          Karami submitted the resignation of his government last week after large protests in Beirut, but stayed on as caretaker.

          Forming a national unity government will be a monumental challenge for the Sunni Muslim politician. To succeed, he will have to persuade some opposition figures to join or end up with a pro-Syrian lineup akin to that which resigned with him.

          The mainly Christian Maronite and Druze opposition wants a government made up of people not running in the election, fearing a pro-Syrian government would manipulate results.

          Two MPs representing more than 40 opposition deputies met Lahoud, but made no nominations and instead discussed demands.

          They want Syrian-backed Lebanese security chiefs to resign and a complete Syrian pull-out, as well as an international probe into the Feb. 14 assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafik al-Hariri, which they blamed on Damascus.

          Rival rallies touched off by the killing have revealed deep rifts among the Lebanese over Syria's role and the future of Hizbollah, the country's last militia.

          Witnesses said dozens of army trucks carrying troops and rocket launchers and others towing artillery guns left positions in northern Lebanon late on Wednesday and crossed into Syria.

          Lebanese soldiers stood by, ready to take over the vacated positions.

          Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Lahoud agreed on Monday to shift Syrian troops to eastern Lebanon by March 31. The Syrian and Lebanese military would then decide how long those troops would stay.

          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan's envoy Terje Roed-Larsen was to travel to the region on Thursday to meet Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Lebanese President Emile Lahoud.

          "I am highly interested, after my envoy comes back to report to me at the end of the discussions, on how quickly the withdrawal can take place and I hope he will be able to come back with a full timetable," Annan said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          People's congress prepared to 'fulfil history'

           

             
           

          Lenovo wins US nod to buy IBM PC

           

             
           

          Corrupt officials seized and punished

           

             
           

          State banks urged to reform with gov't input

           

             
           

          41 corpses found in Iraq; blast kills four

           

             
           

          China hints at death penalty reform

           

             
            Rice to make Asia trip, talking about N. Korea
             
            Hundreds continue protest in Kyrgyzstan
             
            Bulgaria blames communication in death
             
            Syrian army evacuates bases in Lebanon
             
            Suicide truck bomb kills three in Baghdad
             
            Russia: Chechen leader Maskhadov killed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Syrian army evacuates bases in Lebanon
             
          Boosted by huge rally, Lebanon's Lahoud meets MPs
             
          Thousands answer Hezbollah call in Beirut
             
          Syrian troops begin pullback in Lebanon
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲天堂av免费在线看| 国产激情久久久久影院老熟女免费 | 国产伦一区二区三区精品| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 国产激情艳情在线看视频| 午夜成人性爽爽免费视频| 国产精品区在线和狗狗| 国产免费播放一区二区三区| 亚洲第一极品精品无码久久| 无码一区二区三区av免费| 亚州av第二区国产精品| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页 | 最新国产精品拍自在线播放| 一级欧美牲交大片免费观看| 亚洲国产精品无码久久电影| 国产精品中文字幕二区| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 日本一区二区三区黄色| 国产蜜臀在线一区二区三区 | 麻豆av一区二区三区| 日韩人妖精品一区二区av| 久久久久久久久久久免费精品| 99er久久国产精品先锋| 日韩免费码中文在线观看| 亚洲国产韩国欧美在线| 日韩狼人精品在线观看| 国产女人喷潮视频免费| 99在线国内在线视频22| 99久9在线视频 | 传媒| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻红杏1| 最新中文字幕国产精品| 国产人妻鲁鲁一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕综合小综合| 亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区| 亚洲国产综合第一精品小说| 成人网站网址导航| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码 在线| 免费观看欧美猛交视频黑人| 亚洲av激情综合在线| 亚洲精品久综合蜜| 精品国产一区AV天美传媒|