<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Italy to pull troops from Iraq in Sept.
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-16 07:50

          ROME - Italy will start to withdraw its soldiers from Iraq this September, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on Tuesday, adding to the list of U.S. allies looking to cut their troop levels.

          In a television interview, Berlusconi said he was also in discussions with British Prime Minister Tony Blair about a total exit strategy from Iraq, adding the people of both countries wanted their troops to return home.

          Italy will start to withdraw its troops from Iraq this September, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on March 15, 2005. 'We will begin to reduce our contingent even before the end of the year, starting in September, in agreement with our allies,' he said in an interview on state television RAI. An Italian soldier adjusts her protective goggles before her convoy departed from their base on the outskirts of Nasiriya in this January 17 file photo. [Reuters]
          Italy will start to withdraw its troops from Iraq this September, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on March 15, 2005. 'We will begin to reduce our contingent even before the end of the year, starting in September, in agreement with our allies,' he said in an interview on state television RAI. An Italian soldier adjusts her protective goggles before her convoy departed from their base on the outskirts of Nasiriya in this January 17 file photo. [Reuters]
          "We will begin to reduce our contingent even before the end of the year, starting in September, in agreement with our allies," Berlusconi told state Italian television RAI.

          When asked when the total withdrawal of troops would take place, Berlusconi was cautious, saying: "It will depend on the capacity of the Iraqi government to provide adequate security."

          One of the staunchest supporters of U.S. foreign policy, Berlusconi's government has dispatched some 3,000 troops to Iraq despite strong opposition at home.

          It is the fourth largest foreign contingent there after U.S., British and South Korean forces.

          But pressure on Italy's mission in Iraq has increased since intelligence agent Nicola Calipari was killed earlier this month by U.S. soldiers shortly after rescuing an Italian hostage.

          The friendly-fire incident has strained relations with the United States and US President Bush has promised Italy a fast and thorough investigation.

          "(Bush) knows that he can't let down a loyal ally," Berlusconi told RAI, adding the killing was a "serious mistake."

          BULGARIA, NETHERLANDS

          The White House said Berlusconi's move was not linked to Calipari's death and said he was echoing comments he had made last week to the Italian Senate.

          Asked whether Italy's decision was tied to the shooting, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said he had not heard Italian officials saying that. "I'm not sure I'd make a connection there," he said.

          "If you look at what he (Berlusconi) said last week and what he said again today, this will be based on the ability and capability of Iraqi forces and the Iraqi government to be able to assume more responsibility and that he will work in agreement with allies in the region before taking those steps," McClellan said and applauded the contribution of the Italians.

          Earlier on Tuesday, Bulgaria's president said his country should withdraw its 450 troops from Iraq by the end of this year after a Bulgarian soldier was accidentally killed by U.S. forces. A final decision is expected by the end of the month.

          The Dutch government, defying pressure from Washington, has announced it will pull its troops from Iraq by mid-April, while Poland and Ukraine plan to withdraw their forces this year.

          Just hours before Berlusconi announced Italy's partial withdrawal, an Italian solider died in Iraq during a target-shooting exercise. Some 21 Italian soldiers and five civilians have died in Iraq since the 2003 deployment.

          Center-left opposition parties have used Iraq as a rallying cry against Berlusconi's government. But the coalition parties overcame objections and voted in parliament on Tuesday to extend funding for the mission to Iraq for another six months.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Law against secession to benefit Straits ties

           

             
           

          Back words with action, Dalai told

           

             
           

          July by-election will reveal new HK chief

           

             
           

          Heilongjiang coal mine accident kills 17

           

             
           

          Russia paid $10M for Maskhadov information

           

             
           

          Jan-Feb industry output climbs by 16.9%

           

             
            Russia paid $10M for Maskhadov information
             
            Leaders fail to form Iraq coalition government
             
            Bin Laden trail lost last year: Musharraf
             
            US to push India, Pakistan thaw during Rice trip
             
            Philippine police end prison siege, kill 22
             
            Israel agrees to start delayed West Bank pullback
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本欧美一区二区三区在线播放| 福利一区二区不卡国产| 天堂网亚洲综合在线| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 猫咪社区免费资源在线观看| 三年高清在线观看全集下载| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 老熟女一区二区免费| 国产精品九九久久精品女同| 在线天堂最新版资源| 最新亚洲av日韩av二区| 国产区免费精品视频| 国产小视频免费观看| 成人3D动漫一区二区三区| 久久精品99无色码中文字幕| 东京热人妻丝袜无码AV一二三区观 | 成人午夜电影福利免费| 猫咪AV成人永久网站在线观看| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码久久不卡| 色一情一乱一伦麻豆| 国产对白老熟女正在播放| 欧美日韩久久中文字幕| 性欧美vr高清极品| 人妻丰满熟妇ⅴ无码区a片| 亚洲天堂精品一区二区| 精品国产成人国产在线视| 日韩高清在线亚洲专区不卡| 国产免费午夜福利在线播放| 九九久久人妻一区精品色| 国产极品美女高潮无套| 乱人伦人妻中文字幕无码久久网| 亚洲中文字幕在线精品一区| 国产乱色国产精品免费视频| 无码国内精品久久人妻蜜桃| 韩国18禁啪啪无遮挡免费| 亚洲中文字幕无码专区| 黄色a一级视频| 免费大片黄国产在线观看| 91小视频在线播放| 无码国模国产在线观看免费| 亚洲一区二区三区成人网站|