<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Australia may increase troops in Iraq after Italian withdrawal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-16 14:40

          Australian Prime Minister John Howard has refused to rule out sending more Australian troops to Iraq after Italy's surprise decision to pull its 3,000 soldiers from the war-torn country.

          Australia announced last month that it would deploy an additional 450 soldiers to southern Iraq to help protect a Japanese humanitarian project and train Iraqi troops after the withdrawal of 1,400 Dutch military from the area.

          Prime Minister John Howard has refused to rule out sending more Australian troops to Iraq after Italy's surprise decision to pull its 3,000 soldiers from the war-torn country. [AFP/File]
          Prime Minister John Howard has refused to rule out sending more Australian troops to Iraq after Italy's surprise decision to pull its 3,000 soldiers from the war-torn country. [AFP/File]
          That decision was opposed by most Australians and Howard came under sharp questioning in parliament Wednesday over whether he would again boost the number of Australian troops in Iraq to fill the gap left by the Italian pullout.

          "We don't have any current plans to increase that number, but I cannot rule out some changes in the future and I don't intend to do so," Howard said, adding that Australia had received no requests for more troops.

          Earlier Foreign Minister Alexander Downer had described the chances of more deployments to Iraq as "highly unlikely".

          "We don't have any intention of sending any further troops to Iraq at this stage," he said.

          Italy's contingent was the fourth largest in Iraq after those from the United States, Britain and South Korea.

          Australia currently has about 400 troops inside Iraq and a further 450 support personnel in the region.

          Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi announced the withdrawal of his country's troops on Tuesday amid widespread public anger over an incident in which US troops killed an Italian secret service agent who was escorting a freed Italian hostage to Baghdad airport.

          But Berlusconi said the withdrawal was contingent on "the capacity of the Iraqi government to give itself an acceptable security structure".

          Downer said it was too early to say for sure that Italy would actually carry out its withdrawal in the timeframe announced.

          "We'll have to wait and see what the situation will be, the Italians will make a decision then in light of the circumstances in six months' time," he said.

          Downer reaffirmed Australia's refusal to set down a timeframe for its troop commitment to Iraq.

          "It would be catastrophic for the international community, in particular the Americans, ... to abandon the Iraqi community in the wake of their elections and as democracy develops in Iraq -- to abandon them to the insurgents and the terrorists," he said.

          "That would obviously be an utterly foolish thing to do," he said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Law against secession to benefit Straits ties

           

             
           

          Rice: US doesn't have a posture against China

           

             
           

          CCB chairman quits amid graft allegations

           

             
           

          Back words with action, Dalai told

           

             
           

          July by-election will reveal new HK chief

           

             
           

          People who moved China, 2005

           

             
            Japanese prefecture passes law on South Korea-held islets
             
            Syrian intelligence agents complete Beirut pullout
             
            Rice: US doesn't have a posture against China
             
            Israeli troops set to pull back from Jericho
             
            U.S to seek other options if North Korea talks fail
             
            Back words with action, Dalai told
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Italy's Berlusconi to visit Washington next week
             
          Italy to pull troops from Iraq in Sept.
             
          Italy PM disputes US version of hostage shooting
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本三级理论久久人妻电影| 亚洲精品在线第一页| 东京热人妻无码一区二区av| 一级国产在线观看高清| 黑人精品一区二区三区不| 日韩av无码精品人妻系列| 成人性生交片无码免费看| 亚洲第一福利网站在线| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 国产不卡一区二区在线| 久久久亚洲av成人网站| 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 久久香蕉国产线看观看精品yw| 国产偷拍自拍视频在线观看| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 亚洲日韩亚洲另类激情文学| 亚洲欧洲日韩久久狠狠爱| 高清破外女出血AV毛片| 亚洲中文字幕无码人在线 | 亚洲国产精品高清久久久| 激情综合网激情五月我去也| 国产乱人伦av在线a| 国产L精品国产亚洲区在线观看| 亚洲无av码一区二区三区| 亚洲国产成人资源在线| 亚洲毛片无码专区亚洲乱| 四虎永久精品免费视频| 国产成人1024精品免费| 成人国产精品一区二区网站公司| 亚洲色成人WWW永久在线观看 | 亚洲欧美成人aⅴ在线| 99精品国产成人一区二区| 少妇仑乱a毛片无码| 亚洲欧美在线一区中文字幕| 少妇高潮喷潮久久久影院| 2019天天拍拍天天爽视频| 国产成人MV视频在线观看| 无码人妻丰满熟妇啪啪| 一区二区亚洲人妻精品| 农村妇女高清毛片一级| 亚洲国模精品一区二区|