<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Saudi forces kill 14 Islamic militants
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-04-06 10:01

          Saudi security forces stormed a walled compound Tuesday where Islamic militants had been barricaded for days, ending the kingdom's largest gunbattle yet and killing 14 armed extremists, including top leaders in the Saudi branch of al-Qaida.

          At least six others were captured during three days of heavy firefights in the desert town of Rass, state-run television said, reporting the death toll and citing security officials after the battle was over. Fourteen members of the security forces were wounded.

          Saudi boys cover their ears as they crowd to watch clashes at al-Rass,( 355 kilometers ) 220 miles northwest of the capital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Tuesday, April 5, 2005 where a three-day shootout between Saudi security forces and suspected Islamic extremists reportedly left 14 armed extremists dead . (AP Photo
          Saudi boys cover their ears as they crowd to watch clashes at al-Rass,(355 kilometers) 220 miles northwest of the capital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Tuesday, April 5, 2005 where a three-day shootout between Saudi security forces and suspected Islamic extremists reportedly left 14 armed extremists dead.[AP]
          "There was no chance for anyone to escape. We got them all," Interior Minister spokesman Brig. Gen. Mansour al-Turki said.

          The standoff ended when security forces stormed the partially built walled villa compound Tuesday night, but he would not confirm the number of people killed and captured.

          The size and ferocity of the battle in Rass, 220 miles northwest of Riyadh, suggested the security forces had uncovered a major cell of the al-Qaida-linked militant networks that the kingdom has battled in a crackdown launched in 2003 following a string of deadly suicide bombings.

          For nearly 48 hours, up to 10 gunmen who survived initial fighting Sunday were holed up in the villa compound with a large arsenal of weapons. Surrounded by hundreds of Saudi special forces, they fired heavy volleys of automatic weapons fire and grenades.

          Residents said they heard a furious 30-minute long exchange of gunfire as troops stormed the villa and police cars streamed into the area.

          "We could hear all the action but we couldn't see anything. It sounded like fireworks at a wedding," said Mahboob Alam, 21, a Bangladeshi worker in an ice cream parlor.

          After the fighting was over, security forces closed off parts of Rass, a conservative town with mosques on nearly every corner in a region of the kingdom known for its hardcore fundamentalists. An Associated Press reporter in the town saw half a dozen ambulances leaving the village, their sirens blaring.

          It was the longest single gunbattle against the largest band of militants that Saudi forces have faced in the two-year crackdown — and the highest number of militant casualties in a single fight. Previously, the highest was six militants killed in July 2003 when police raided a farm in Qassim, near Rass.

          The dead from the Rass fighting included Nos. 4 and 7 on Saudi Arabia's list of 26 most-wanted terrorists — Moroccan Kareem Altohami al-Mojati and Saudi Saud Homood Obaid al-Otaibi, a leading figure in al-Qaida's branch in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf region — a senior military official in Rass said on condition of anonymity.

          Al-Mojati, a veteran "mujahed" who had been in Afghanistan, was sent to Saudi Arabia by bin Laden sometime after 2001 to help build al-Qaida's network there, former militants told AP. The kingdom's branch of al-Qaida was led by Saudi Abdulaziz al-Moqrin, until he was killed by Saudi police in June, and he was replaced by another Saudi, Saleh al-Aoofi.

          Al-Mojati was also suspected of helping plan the May 2003 suicide bombings in Casablanca, Morocco, that killed 33 bystanders and 12 suicide bombers, Saudi newspapers reported.

          The shootout began Sunday when security forces, acting on a tip, moved on a building in the Jawazat district of Rass. Militants opened fire on the police with automatic rifles and grenades, sparking a clash with police that killed three suspected terrorists.

          The remainder fled to the villa. Seven more militants were killed in firefights Monday and early Tuesday.

          For hours Monday and Tuesday, police called out with loudspeakers demanding the gunmen surrender, but the only responses were bursts of gunfire and grenades. Police said they saw the bodies of gunmen inside the compound, apparently killed in the shootout.

          Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of bin Laden and 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 suicide hijackers, launched its own "war on terror" after a string of suicide bombings, kidnappings and gunbattles that began in May 2003. The attacks, which have tended to target foreign workers, have been blamed on al-Qaida and allied militants.

          Since it launched its crackdown, the police have killed or captured 23 of the figures on Saudi Arabia's initial list of 26 wanted militants — including al-Mojati and al-Otaibi — though other leaders, like al-Aoofi, are believed to have risen to fill militant leadership ranks in the past two years.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Japanese textbook distorts history, stirs fury

           

             
           

          400,000 to relocate for water project

           

             
           

          Possible US textile safeguards draw criticism

           

             
           

          China, Pakistan sign cooperation treaty

           

             
           

          Shrine visit angers both sides of Straits

           

             
           

          People flock to honour Yellow Emperor

           

             
            Iraqi parliament to name Kurd as president
             
            Iran: Nuclear talks with EU 'closer to solution'
             
            Purported al-Qaida video shows beheading
             
            Blair calls national election on May 5
             
            US to tighten border controls by 2008
             
            Japan approves textbook glossing wartime atrocities
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Saudi forces kill 7 Islamic militants
             
          3 dead as Saudi forces, militants clash
             
          Saudi urges 2% rise in oil output
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 男男欧美一区二区| 中文字幕乱码一区二区免费| 日本亚洲一区二区精品久久| 无码国产精品一区二区AV| 日韩中文字幕国产精品| 日日摸日日踫夜夜爽无码| 久久狠狠一本精品综合网| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 人人妻人人澡人人爽| 女人张开腿让男人桶爽| 欧洲美女熟乱av| 九九热精品在线视频免费| 国产69堂免费视频| 亚洲精品三区四区成人少| 国产精品久久久久久影视| 国产免费视频一区二区| 国产精品电影久久久久电影网| 国产精品成人观看视频国产奇米| AV最新高清无码专区| 热久久美女精品天天吊色| 亚洲精品国产综合麻豆久久99| 国产成人99亚洲综合精品| 丁香五月亚洲综合在线国内自拍 | 国产婷婷精品av在线| 中文字幕在线日韩| 熟女一区二区中文字幕| 性夜黄a爽影免费看| 中文字幕亚洲综合小综合| 日韩V欧美V中文在线| 国产一区二区亚洲一区二区三区| 国产99在线 | 欧美| 日韩不卡1卡2卡三卡网站| 又色又爽又黄又无遮挡的网站 | 亚洲精品香蕉一区二区| 精品伊人久久久大香线蕉欧美| 日韩狼人精品在线观看| 久久天堂综合亚洲伊人HD妓女| 丰满日韩放荡少妇无码视频| 日韩精品 在线一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕无码av永久| 国产色a在线观看|