<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Berlusconi resigns, plans new government
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-04-21 11:04

          ROME - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi resigned on Wednesday but said he had backing to form a new administration with the same allies, in a move designed to avert snap elections and revive his flagging political fortunes.

          "I accept the challenge of forming a new government," he told parliament, bowing to demands from two coalition partners who threatened to withdraw their support unless he resigned and formed a new government. They also demanded a new policy agenda after a heavy defeat in a regional ballot two weeks ago.

          Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi waves a red folder while leaving the Senate building in Rome April 20, 2005. Berlusconi moved to end the crisis that has threatened to tear his coalition apart by announcing he would resign on Wednesday and immediately form a new administration with the same allies.
          Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi waves a red folder while leaving the Senate building in Rome April 20, 2005. Berlusconi moved to end the crisis that has threatened to tear his coalition apart by announcing he would resign on Wednesday and immediately form a new administration with the same allies. [Reuters]
          He said he had assurances from the four main parties in his center-right coalition, including the rebel Union of Christian Democrats (UDC) and right-wing National Alliance (AN), that they would back his new administration.

          "No one has planned a change of parliamentary majority."

          The crisis had threatened to tear the coalition apart as the UDC and AN demanded a reduced role in government for the populist Northern League, which wants more autonomy for the rich north of the country.

          Speaking with reporters later, Berlusconi said he was planning only a few changes to his cabinet. A senior government politician told Reuters that the industry, health and transport ministers were likely to lose their jobs in the reshuffle.

          None of the ministers are members of the Northern League but a "rebalancing" of the coalition could still be achieved if the posts, currently held by Berlusconi's Forza Italia (Go Italy) and non-affiliated technocrats, were to go to the UDC and AN.

          Under the terms of the Italian constitution, a prime minister is obliged to resign if he makes major changes to his cabinet.

          Berlusconi put a brave face on the end of his ambition to become Italy's first prime minister in post-war history to lead the same administration for a full five-year term.

          "With your confidence and your support, we have written important pages in our country's history," he told a packed upper house (Senate). "With your confidence and your support I am sure we will write many more."

          UPHILL STRUGGLE

          The turmoil was sparked when the UDC quit the cabinet last week. On Tuesday the National Alliance, led by Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini, threatened to do the same unless Berlusconi changed his program and formed a new government.

          Berlusconi's Senate speech met all Fini's demands.

          "It's my intention to renew our program, to raise our efforts to raise the buying power of families, to support our firms and to give decisive support ... for the South," he said.

          Assuming the prime minister can heal the wounds in his fractious coalition he still faces a huge uphill struggle to improve his government's standing and try and win the next general election slated for spring 2006.

          The economy has barely grown since he took office in 2001, consumer and business confidence are low and opinion polls show a clear lead for the center-left opposition led by former European Commission President Romano Prodi.

          But political analysts said Berlusconi, a renowned political fighter, should not be written off.

          "I think this crisis is behind him, although the way it went suggests he is no longer able to impose his will on the rest of the coalition," said Franco Pavoncello, professor of politics at Rome's John Cabot University

          "He is weak but he is not dead yet, the center-left is only about five points ahead in the polls and a year gives him a long time to close that gap."

          Berlusconi said after tendering his resignation that President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi would hold formal consultations with political parties on Thursday and Friday to hear their proposals for the formation of a new government.

          If, as Berlusconi says, he has the support of all his partners, the consultations will be a mere formality.

          But it was not clear when Berlusconi would be able to form a new government and put it to a parliamentary vote of confidence.

          Although he has lost his chance of being the first Italian to lead the same government through a whole legislature, Berlusconi's government nonetheless holds the modern record for longevity -- lasting just over 1,400 days.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Experts divided over first quarter growth rate

           

             
           

          Japan asking for informal summit with China

           

             
           

          President's first leg of Asian trip fruitful

           

             
           

          KMT chairman Lien Chan to visit mainland

           

             
           

          Safety experts sent to curb colliery accidents

           

             
           

          9/11 conspirator could face death penalty

           

             
            Iraq's PM Allawi survives assassination bid
             
            Ecuador president ousted by Congress
             
            AP: Oil-for-food investigators resign
             
            9/11 conspirator could face death penalty
             
            Bodies of 50 hostages found in Iraq
             
            Berlusconi will resign, form new government
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 东京热人妻无码一区二区AV| 国产91久久精品一区二区| 精品偷拍被偷拍在线观看| 亚洲天堂视频网| 国产va免费精品观看| 国产深夜福利在线免费观看| 亚洲成在人线AV品善网好看| 日韩欧美不卡一卡二卡3卡四卡2021免费| 又长又粗又爽又高潮的视频| 国产乱码精品一区二三区| 国产精品福利社| 国产在线拍揄自揄视精品不卡| 四虎影视一区二区精品| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 九九在线精品国产| 亚洲激情av一区二区三区| 色九九视频| 亚洲综合区激情国产精品| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 成在线人永久免费视频播放| 国产初高中生视频在线观看| 91精品伊人久久大香线蕉| 精品免费看国产一区二区| 99久久无色码中文字幕鲁信| 亚洲无人区一区二区三区| 国产成人欧美综合在线影院| 久久一区二区三区黄色片| 亚洲国产精品无码久久电影| 亚洲 成人 无码 在线观看| 国产精品久久久久乳精品爆| 久久中文字幕无码一区二区| 亚洲性线免费观看视频成熟| 97人妻碰碰碰久久久久禁片| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| av片在线观看永久免费| 欧美人与动zozo| 精品国产亚洲午夜精品av| 午夜大片免费男女爽爽影院 | 久久精品不卡一区二区| 亚洲欧美中文字幕日韩一区二区| 日本视频一两二两三区|