<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq hostage is sick, Australia says in TV appeal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-04 13:41

          Australia has appealed on Al Jazeera television for the release of an Australian man held hostage by Iraqi militants, saying he has a serious heart problem and wants to be reunited with his wife and child.

          Foreign Minister Alexander Downer made the plea on the Arabic television channel as an Australian emergency response team landed in Baghdad in a bid to free Douglas Wood, 63, an engineer who lives in California and is married to an American.

          "Mr. Wood is not a well man. He has had significant heart problems and he has a wife and he had three brothers and a child ... he wants to be able to see his family again," Downer said, according to a transcript of the interview.

          "We would appeal to the people who have taken him hostage to release him and not to involve a man who is just providing assistance to the Iraqi people, not to involve him in politics, just to release him."

          A two-minute video delivered to news agencies in Baghdad on Sunday showed Wood held at gunpoint. Downer said the video was credible and that Wood may have been kidnapped from his Baghdad apartment up to two days before it was released by his captors.

          Wood called in the video for U.S., Australian and British authorities to withdraw their troops from the country.

          Downer told Australian television Tuesday that 400 foreigners had been kidnapped in Iraq since September 2003, with 30 of those killed and 15 still held hostage.

          "There are any range of different reasons why people have been either released or they've been executed. In this case, the demand made through the (video) is, of course, a demand the terrorists must know is not going to be met," Downer said.

          Australia, a staunch U.S. ally, was among the first to join the U.S.-led war on Iraq two years ago.

          A further 450 Australian troops are due to arrive in southern Iraq over the coming weeks to provide security and train the Iraqi army. They will take the total number of Australian troops in and around Iraq to about 1,400.

          Opinions polls showed in May last year that nearly two-thirds of Australians believed the war on Iraq was unjustified. Half of Australia believed it was not worth sending troops to Iraq, while 40 percent supported the conservative government's decision.

          Howard won a fourth straight term at an election last October by crushing center-left opposition Labor, whose leader had vowed to bring Australian troops home by Christmas.

          Australia angered Spain and the Philippines last year when it accused them of encouraging terrorists by pulling their troops out of Iraq. The Philippines brought their troops home early to save the life of a Filipino hostage.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          In one-China frame talks may cover 'any issue'

           

             
           

          US-China summits' high stakes

           

             
           

          China to assure Europe on textile exports

           

             
           

          Iraqi gov't sworn in amid wave of violence

           

             
           

          Iran vows to pursue peaceful nuke plans

           

             
           

          Latest mine accident kills 20

           

             
            Iraqi gov't sworn in amid wave of violence
             
            Iran vows to pursue peaceful nuke plans
             
            World War II bomb clearance may need 150 years
             
            Mexico detains two U.S. agents
             
            Palestinian police release Hamas member
             
            US allies recover letter for Al-Zarqawi
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Iraqi gov't sworn in amid wave of violence
             
          US allies recover letter for Al-Zarqawi
             
          12 killed in fight with U.S.-led forces in Iraq
             
          Italy: Agent's shooting not deliberate
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产人与禽zoz0性伦多活几年| 亚洲国产天堂久久综合226114| 亚洲精品成人片在线观看| 午夜精品久久久久久久久| 东京热av无码电影一区二区| 成人三级视频在线观看不卡| 一本一本久久a久久精品综合| 国内免费视频成人精品| 屁股中文字幕一二三四区人妻 | 视频一区二区三区四区五区| 亚洲夂夂婷婷色拍ww47| 蜜臀av久久国产午夜福利软件| 福利视频一区二区在线| 久久亚洲精精品中文字幕| 亚洲国产一区二区av| 国产福利酱国产一区二区| 秋霞国产av一区二区三区| a级免费视频| 精品成人免费自拍视频| a男人的天堂久久a毛片| 少妇高潮喷潮久久久影院| 国产目拍亚洲精品一区二区 | 久久久久国产精品人妻| 高级艳妇交换俱乐部小说| 樱花草视频www日本韩国| 热久在线免费观看视频| 亚洲高清WWW色好看美女| 日韩成人大屁股内射喷水 | 日韩人妻一区中文字幕| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖| 国产91久久精品一区二区| 无码国产精品免费看| 伊人色综合一区二区三区影院视频| 亚洲欧洲国产成人综合不卡| √天堂中文www官网在线| 中文字幕网伦射乱中文| 94人妻少妇偷人精品| 99re在线免费视频| 久热久热久热久热久热久热 | 日韩免费人妻av无码专区蜜桃|