<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Family pleads for Iraqi hostage's freedom
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-04 19:38

          Two brothers of an Australian man held hostage by Iraqi militants pleaded for his release on Wednesday, telling Arab television network Al Jazeera he was a loving family man with a deep respect for the Iraqi people.

          The plea came after Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer appeared on the network to plead for militants to release Douglas Wood, 63, an engineer who lives in California and is married to an American.

          Malcolm and Vernon Wood, in a video statement taped in Australia, said their brother suffered from poor health, and was a good family man with a daughter, two step children and two grandchildren.

          A video grab from a tape delivered by militants to news agencies on May 1, 2005 shows 63-year-old Australian hostage Douglas Wood at an undisclosed location in Iraq. Australia has appealed on Al Jazeera television for the release of Wood, saying he has a serious heart problem and wants to be reunited with his wife and child. (Staff/Reuters)
          A video grab from a tape delivered by militants to news agencies on May 1, 2005 shows 63-year-old Australian hostage Douglas Wood at an undisclosed location in Iraq.[Reuters]
          "Douglas respects the people of Iraq, their patriotic spirit and their right to independence," Malcolm Wood said in a copy of the statement released in Australia.

          He said that if Wood was released, the family would ask him to close his engineering company and leave Iraq.

          "We do not wish Douglas, an unwell man, to remain in Iraq, away from his loved ones," he said.

          "On behalf of all of us, we, Douglas's family, ask his captors to return him to us unharmed."

          Australia has sent an emergency response team to Baghdad to help work for Wood's release.

          Downer earlier told Al Jazeera that Wood had a serious heart problem and wanted to be reunited with his wife and child.

          "Mr. Wood is not a well man. He has had significant heart problems and he has a wife and he had three brothers and a child ... he wants to be able to see his family again," Downer said, according to a transcript of the interview.

          "We would appeal to the people who have taken him hostage to release him and not to involve a man who is just providing assistance to the Iraqi people, not to involve him in politics, just to release him."

          VIDEO "CREDIBLE"

          A two-minute video delivered to news agencies in Baghdad on Sunday showed Wood held at gunpoint. Downer said the video was credible and that Wood may have been kidnapped from his Baghdad apartment up to two days before it was released by his captors.

          Wood called in the video for U.S., Australian and British authorities to withdraw their troops from the country.

          Downer told Australian television on Tuesday that 400 foreigners had been kidnapped in Iraq since September 2003, with 30 of those killed and 15 still held hostage.

          "There are any range of different reasons why people have been either released or they've been executed. In this case, the demand made through the (video) is, of course, a demand the terrorists must know is not going to be met," Downer said.

          Australia, a staunch U.S. ally, was among the first to join the war on Iraq two years ago.

          A further 450 Australian troops are due to arrive in southern Iraq over the coming weeks to provide security and train the Iraqi army. They will take the total number of Australian troops in and around Iraq to about 1,400.

          Opinions polls showed in May last year that nearly two-thirds of Australians believed the war on Iraq was unjustified. Half of Australians believed it was not worth sending troops to Iraq, while 40 percent backed the conservative government's decision.

          Howard won a fourth straight term at an election last October by crushing center-left opposition Labor, whose leader had vowed to bring Australian troops home by Christmas.

          Australia angered Spain and the Philippines last year when it accused them of encouraging terrorists by pulling their troops out of Iraq. The Philippines brought their troops home early to save the life of a Filipino hostage.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          In one-China frame talks may cover 'any issue'

           

             
           

          Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city

           

             
           

          US-China summits' high stakes

           

             
           

          China to assure Europe on textile exports

           

             
           

          Iran vows to pursue peaceful nuke plans

           

             
           

          US Federal Reserve raises target rate to 3%

           

             
            Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city
             
            Iraqi gov't sworn in amid wave of violence
             
            Iran vows to pursue peaceful nuke plans
             
            US Federal Reserve raises target rate to 3%
             
            Iraq hostage is sick, Australia says in TV appeal
             
            Poll: Most Americans say Iraq war not worth it
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city
             
          Suicide bomber kills 7 in Iraqi Kurdish city
             
          Poll: Most Americans say Iraq war not worth it
             
          12 killed in fight with U.S.-led forces in Iraq
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩三级一区二区在线看| 欧美z0zo人禽交| 久久夜色精品久久噜噜亚| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉| 蜜臀av性久久久久蜜臀aⅴ麻豆| 欧美成人aaa片一区国产精品| 久久99国产综合精品女同| 亚洲欧洲日韩国内高清| 久久精品国产亚洲AV不卡| 国产成人午夜福利在线播放| 亚洲春色在线视频| 国产精品国产精品无卡区| 日本做受高潮好舒服视频| 成在人线av无码免费高潮水老板| 亚洲欧美综合人成在线| 日韩啪啪精品一区二区亚洲av | 无码综合天天久久综合网| 午夜精品久久久久久久久| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 亚洲伊人久久精品影院| 亚洲精品无码久久久久去q | 激动网视频| 日本韩国日韩少妇熟女少妇| 日本韩国一区二区精品| 亚洲av色精品一区二区| 日韩伦理片| 精品国产不卡在线观看免费| 国产91特黄特色A级毛片| 性色在线视频精品| 黑森林福利视频导航| 国产精品久久中文字幕| 国产精品后入内射视频| 九九热在线视频免费观看| 国产成人综合久久二区| 国产av一区二区亚洲精品| 亚洲一区二区三区18禁| 日本无产久久99精品久久| 国产精品亚洲mnbav网站| 久久精品国产色蜜蜜麻豆| 一道本AV免费不卡播放| 国产精品国产三级国产午|