<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pakistan seizes alleged Al-Qaeda No 3 man
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-05 11:41

          ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has captured the alleged Al-Qaeda number three and mastermind behind two bids to kill President Pervez Musharraf, a development hailed as a key victory against the terror network.


          A picture released by the Pakistani Interior Ministry shows Abu Faraj al-Libbi, the alleged Al-Qaeda No 3 man. [AFP]
          Libyan national Abu Faraj al-Libbi, who has a five-million-dollar US bounty on his head, was seized on Monday after a brief shootout in northwestern Pakistan, government and security officials said.

          Pakistani and US officials say the Libyan, considered a close associate of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, ranks third in the current hierarchy after bin Laden and his Egyptian-born deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri.

          US President George W. Bush welcomed al-Libbi's capture, calling it "a critical victory" in the global war on terrorism declared by Washington after Osama bin Laden's network carried out the September 11 attacks.

          "Al-Libbi was a top general for Bin Laden, he was a major facilitator and chief planner for the Al-Qaeda network. His arrest removes a dangerous enemy who is a direct threat to America and to those who love freedom," he added.

          Pakistan had posted a reward of 20 million rupees (333,333 dollars) for al-Libbi's arrest. The United States Central Intelligence Agency also offered a five-million-dollar reward, Pakistani and US officials told AFP.

          "He is a very important catch, he was wanted in several high-profile acts of terrorism. He was also wanted in the assassination attacks on President Musharraf," information minister Sheikh Rashid told AFP.

          Officials said al-Libbi took over Al-Qaeda operations in Pakistan and the position of third in command after the arrest in March 2003 of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the key planner of September 11.

          A US counter-terrorism official said it was the biggest coup since the capture of Mohammed, who has since been extradited to the United States. He indicated that American intelligence played a key behind-the-scenes role.

          "He's number three in Al-Qaeda after Bin Laden and Zawahiri," said the official.

          A photograph taken after his capture shows al-Libbi as an exhausted-looking, bearded man with hooded eyes and blotchy facial markings standing against a background of blue tiles.

          Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao said the arrest could lead to the dismantling of Al-Qaeda in Pakistan. "A follow up operation is going on. His capture is definitely a big dent in Al-Qaeda hierarchy," he told AFP.

          A senior Pakistani security official involved in the hunt for Al-Qaeda militants said al-Libbi may even help the authorities track down Bin Laden himself.

          "He is one of his closest confidants and he should be able to provide new leads about both Osama and Ayman Al-Zawahiri," the official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

          Al-Libbi was being interrogated by Pakistan security forces at an undisclosed location, Rashid added. Islamabad has handed over hundreds of Al-Qaeda suspects to Washington but Rashid said al-Libbi would remain in Pakistan.

          Military leader Musharraf has previously named al-Libbi as the ringleader in the attempts to assassinate him in December 2003.

          In the first, militants blew up a road bridge as he drove past while the second happened on Christmas Day, when suicide bombers detonated their vehicles near his motorcade, killing more than a dozen.

          Police sources said the militant was captured in a dramatic encounter when he and another man riding a motorcycle near a shrine in the town of Mardan were intercepted on an intelligence tip off.

          "The men opened fire and tried to escape but were chased and both were captured," a police official in Mardan told AFP.

          Officials said that last year security officers surrounded al-Libbi in a town in northwestern Pakistan but he escaped after another shootout.

          Pakistani officials last year told the Daily Telegraph that a deciphered email from another captured militant revealed that al-Libbi was coordinating terrorist efforts in the United States before the November presidential election.

          They also said he was communicating with sleeper cells in Britain on future attacks there.

          The capture of al-Libbi is the latest in a string of key arrests by Pakistan since Musharraf allied himself with Washington after September 11.

          In July 2004 Pakistani forces arrested Tanzanian Ahmad Khalfan Ghailani, wanted by the FBI for the 1998 bombing of US embassies in East Africa.

          Last year Pakistani forces killed Al-Qaeda kingpin Amjad Farooqi, who was indicted in the 2002 murder of US reporter Daniel Pearl and suspected of involvement in one of the Musharraf assassination bids.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          EU urged to grant full market status

           

             
           

          Taiwan PFP leader to begin mainland trip

           

             
           

          Minister eases European concern on textiles

           

             
           

          Lien calls for cross-Straits cooperation

           

             
           

          Beijing keeps lid on anti-Japan sentiment

           

             
           

          China wins ping-pong mixed doubles

           

             
            Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city
             
            Iraqi gov't sworn in amid wave of violence
             
            Iran vows to pursue peaceful nuke plans
             
            US Federal Reserve raises target rate to 3%
             
            Iraq hostage is sick, Australia says in TV appeal
             
            Poll: Most Americans say Iraq war not worth it
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 二区三区亚洲精品国产| 骚虎三级在线免费播放| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2020| 国产精品黄色片| 欧美肥老太交视频免费| 国产精品免费看久久久麻豆| 亚洲综合一区二区三区不卡| 爱啪啪av导航| 日韩一区二区超清视频| 下面一进一出好爽视频| 成人免费亚洲av在线| 美女一级毛片无遮挡内谢| 麻豆精产国品一二三区区| 国产愉拍精品手机| 色网av免费在线观看| 国产精品制服丝袜无码| 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 欧美成人综合视频| 国产在线线精品宅男网址| 亚洲春色在线视频| 中国少妇人妻xxxxx| 欧美丰满熟妇xxxx性ppx人交| 色综合久久网| 姑娘故事高清在线观看免费| 久久精品国产福利一区二区 | 欧洲国产成人久久精品综合| 国产精品久久久久久无毒不卡 | 国产精品一二三区视在线| 国产最新进精品视频| 特黄 做受又硬又粗又大视频| 国产精品人成在线播放蜜臀| 日韩成人精品一区二区三区| 亚州av第二区国产精品| 中文字幕久久六月色综合| 欧美gv在线| 久久青草精品38国产免费| 国产一区二区三区美女| 在线观看成人年视频免费| 日韩视频一区二区三区视频| 在线无码午夜福利高潮视频| 成人性影院|