<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq agrees cabinet posts; Baghdad bombs kill 22
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-08 07:35

          Iraq's leaders reached a deal on contested cabinet posts on Saturday to break months of deadlock, agreeing on a Sunni Arab defense minister to combat insurgents who have launched a blitz of bomb attacks over the past week.

          Suicide bombers struck again in the heart of Baghdad, targeting a foreign civilian security convoy at a busy intersection. U.S. officials said two suicide car bombs exploded beside the convoy, killing 22 people including two Americans.

          At least two of the security convoy's vehicles were reduced to smoldering wrecks, and black smoke billowed into the sky.

          Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari smiles as he announces that Iraqi political leaders have agreed who will fill five vacant cabinet ministries and one of two deputy prime minister's slots in the new democratically elected government, at his offiice in Baghdad, Iraq, Saturday, May 7, 2005. (AP
          Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari smiles as he announces that Iraqi political leaders have agreed who will fill five vacant cabinet ministries and one of two deputy prime minister's slots in the new democratically elected government, at his offiice in Baghdad, Iraq, Saturday, May 7, 2005. [AP]
          One bleeding foreigner staggered away, clutching his head.

          "When the convoy drove past, a car bomb exploded right beside it," said Mohammed Amir, a policeman at the scene. "There was severe damage to the convoy."

          Since Iraq's political factions unveiled a new cabinet last week, guerrillas have mounted a wave of deadly attacks, killing more than 300 people and defying government predictions that the insurgency was crumbling.

          Al Qaeda's wing in Iraq said in an Internet statement it was behind the convoy attack.

          Many Iraqis say the delay in forming a government after the historic Jan. 30 elections allowed the insurgents to regroup. Even when the cabinet was sworn in last Tuesday -- more than three months after the polls -- several top posts were vacant.

          Sources in the two strongest blocs in parliament, the Shi'ite Islamist-led United Iraqi Alliance and the powerful Kurdish coalition, said on Saturday agreement had been reached on filling the vacant ministries, including defense and oil.

          They said Saadoun al-Dulaimi, a Sunni Arab, would be the new defense minister while Ibrahim Bahr al-Uloum, a Shi'ite, would run the Oil Ministry.

          Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari confirmed a deal had been reached on five vacant cabinet posts and said it would be put to parliament for approval on Sunday. Talks are still going on to finalize the full line-up of deputy prime ministers.

          Iraq's Sunni Arab minority, dominant during the rule of Saddam Hussein, was sidelined after the Jan. 30 elections as most Sunni Arabs stayed away from the polls due to calls for a boycott and fears of insurgent attacks. There are only 17 Sunni Arab lawmakers in the 275-member parliament.

          Shi'ite and Kurdish leaders agreed to give important cabinet posts including the Defense Ministry to Sunni Arabs to try to defuse ethnic and sectarian tensions and undermine the insurgency, mainly fought by Sunni Arab guerrillas.

          WAVE OF ATTACKS

          Saturday's blast brought chaos to central Baghdad. At least 30 people were wounded. Witnesses said three children were among the dead. The road was strewn with shattered glass and wreckage.

          The bomb targeted one of the distinctive convoys used by foreign civilians in Iraq, who usually travel in conspicuous sports utility vehicles protected by armed security guards.

          On Friday, a suicide car bomb at a vegetable market in Suwayra, south of Baghdad, killed 31 people, the director of the emergency department at the town's hospital said. A suicide bomber also blew up his vehicle beside a police minibus in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, killing at least nine policemen.

          A little known Muslim group, Jamaat Jund al-Sahaba (Soldiers of the Prophet's Companions), claimed the Suwayra attack.

          "Some of them ally with Jews and Crusaders ... They hurt Sunnis, and weave plots to destroy the Sunnis," its Internet statement said, in apparent reference to Iraqi Shi'ites.

          A series of bomb blasts and ambushes in Baghdad on Thursday killed at least 24 people, and on Wednesday a suicide bomb in the northern Kurdish town of Arbil killed as many as 60.

          A U.S. Marine was killed on Saturday in a roadside bomb attack near the western town of Karma. The blast raised to at least 1,217 the number of American soldiers killed in action since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003. Including non-combat deaths, the toll is at least 1,594.

          Insurgents are also pressing foreign troops to leave by seizing foreign hostages. On Friday, Al Jazeera aired a new video showing Australian captive Douglas Wood, 63, apparently pleading for his life as two guerrillas pointed rifles at him.

          Wood appeared distraught and his head had been shaved. Al Jazeera said his captors demanded that Australia begin withdrawing its troops from Iraq within 72 hours.

          Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said Canberra would not bow to the demands of hostage takers. "The important thing is that we don't look as though we're starting to cave in and give in to demands," he told Australian radio on Saturday.

          "If you give in to demands ... more people eventually will be taken hostage and further demands made, so it's important we be strong and that, for the government's part, it just continues working at trying to get Douglas out."

          Iraq's government and the U.S. military say they are making progress against the insurgents. The government said on Saturday that an aide to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al Qaeda's leader in Iraq, had been captured in a raid west of Baghdad in April.

          The aide, Ghassan al-Rawi was the leader of insurgents in the town of Rawa in western Iraq, the government said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President's Russian trip to fortify partnership

           

             
           

          Soong pays homage to KMT founder

           

             
           

          EU told not to exaggerate textile issue

           

             
           

          China urges Japan to improve diplomatic ties

           

             
           

          China: Do not expect 40% rise in yuan value

           

             
           

          60th WWII anniversary to be commemorated

           

             
            Iraq agrees cabinet posts; Baghdad bombs kill 22
             
            Plane with 15 people aboard has crashed Australia
             
            Australia firm in face of second hostage tape
             
            Putin pushes for German UN Security Council seat
             
            Blair's Labour Party wins re-election
             
            Al-Qaeda suspects quizzed after Musharraf death plot arrests
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bombers kill 67 Iraqis, cabinet in pressure
             
          Market, police bus blasts kill 25 in Iraq
             
          Family pleads for Iraqi hostage's freedom
             
          Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产午夜成人精品视频app| 国产成人美女视频网站| 黑森林av导航| 下面一进一出好爽视频| 亚洲中文字幕系列第1页| 7777精品伊人久久久大香线蕉| 日本高清免费不卡视频| 亚洲国产成人一区二区在线| 人妻熟女一区二区aⅴ千叶宁真| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久| 国产熟女av一区二区三区| 亚洲综合中文字幕首页| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页| 国产精品伦人视频免费看| 日韩精品18禁一区二区| 精品一二三四区在线观看| 日本一区二区三深夜不卡| 亚洲AV日韩AV综合在线观看| 7777精品久久久大香线蕉| 在线看免费无码的av天堂| 一本色道久久综合亚洲精品蜜臀| 国产精品呻吟一区二区三区| 色成年激情久久综合国产| 中日韩精品视频一区二区三区 | 黄色免费在线网址| 午夜福利精品国产二区| 7878成人国产在线观看| 国产激情视频在线观看首页| 欧洲精品亚洲精品日韩专区| 麻豆精产国品一二三产| 欧美日韩久久中文字幕| 亚洲熟女少妇乱色一区二区| 午夜精品一区二区三区在线观看| 91青草久久久久久清纯| 色九月亚洲综合网| 国产精品亚洲精品国自产| 少妇尿尿一区二区在线免费| 国产日产免费高清欧美一区| 成在人线av无码免费高潮水老板|