<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Japanese security worker reported seized in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-10 18:38

          TOKYO - An Islamic militant group said it was holding a badly wounded Japanese man after an ambush near a U.S. base in Iraq, but Japan's government said on Tuesday the incident would not affect its troop deployment in the country.

          The group, called Army of Ansar al-Sunna, posted a picture on its Web site of a Japanese passport bearing the name Akihiko Saito and an identification card saying he was a security manager.

          Japan's Foreign Ministry said a British security company that employs Saito, 44, as a consultant had reported him missing after a convoy of vehicles was ambushed in western Iraq.

          Several people appeared to have been killed in the attack, the ministry said.

          Saito served in the French Foreign Legion for more than 20 years, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hatsuhisa Takashima said.

          Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura said no demands had been received while Defense Minister Yoshinori Ohno said the incident would not affect the work of Japan's 550 non-combat troops in southern Iraq.

          "Under present circumstances, it does not affect activities of the Self-Defense Forces in Samawa. The security there is not particularly worsening," a spokeswoman quoted Ohno as saying.

          Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, a staunch ally of President Bush, has previously resisted demands by militants that Tokyo withdraw its troops from Iraq.

          Koizumi returned in the afternoon from Russia, where he had attended ceremonies marking the Allied victory over Nazi Germany in World War II.

          The deployment -- Japan's biggest overseas military operation since World War II -- was unpopular. But several hostage incidents involving Japanese, including the beheading of a young backpacker, had little impact on Koizumi's support rates.

          STRONGLY CONDEMNED

          "We strongly condemn the act of violence and terrorism ... and we will make utmost efforts for obtaining his safe return," Takashima told reporters.

          Chief Cabinet Secretary Hiroyuki Hosoda told a separate news conference that the Iraqi government had promised to do what it could.

          Saito had been in Iraq since December but the Japanese government had not previously been aware of that fact nor had Saito been in touch with his family for many years, he added.

          The Islamic militant group said it had seized the man identified as Saito after an ambush of vehicles coming from a U.S. base near Baghdad as the convoy approached the town of Hit in Iraq's Sunni Muslim western region.

          "He has serious injuries and we will soon issue a video showing him," the group said.

          The group claimed on the Web site to have captured 12 Iraqis and five foreigners in the ambush and to have killed all of them except Saito.

          Six Japanese civilian hostages have been taken since the war began. Five were freed unharmed and one was beheaded.

          Two Japanese diplomats and two Japanese freelance journalists have been killed.

          Saito's younger brother said Japan should not withdraw its troops from Iraq in the wake of the incident.

          "He had done that sort of work and knew the danger more than others who have been taken hostage," Hironobu Saito, often wiping tears from his eyes, told a news conference.

          "So I say to the Japanese government, if you think the troops should be in Iraq, I support you."

          Shortly after returning from a trip to Moscow, Koizumi heaped praise on the Japanese troops stationed in Iraq.

          "Forging friendly relations with the local people there, the Self-Defense Forces are working diligently to help rebuild Iraq, and that is a precious job," Koizumi told reporters.

          Japan's Kyodo news agency reported last week that the government was considering withdrawing its troops from Iraq in December, when the current mandate for their deployment expires.

          Tokyo's stock market was little affected by the hostage reports, and some market participants said the incident was unlikely to affect the political scene.

          "I don't think the news of a Japanese being kidnapped in Iraq will immediately affect Japanese politics," said Kazuhiro Takahashi, general manager at Daiwa Securities SMBC's equity planning and administration department.

          Some foreign exchange traders in Tokyo said the yen dipped in early trade on the news while others said the impact was minimal.

          Australia also faces a hostage crisis in Iraq.

          Insurgents have seized Douglas Wood, a 63-year-old engineer, and demanded that Australian troops leave Iraq by Tuesday morning. The deadline passed with no word of his fate.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Most Japanese say shrine visits should stop

           

             
           

          Forum brings opportunity to knock

           

             
           

          President Hu meets Chirac, Putin in Moscow

           

             
           

          Hometown gives Soong a heroic welcome

           

             
           

          Police on alert ahead of China-Japan match

           

             
           

          RMB speculation fails to materialize

           

             
            Japanese security worker reported seized in Iraq
             
            Russia, EU agree on breakthrough deal
             
            US offers direct talks with North Korea
             
            Iran confirms uranium-to-gas conversion
             
            U.S. attack in Iraq kills 100 insurgents
             
            Blair unveils new government amid prospect of challenge
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Suicide car bomb kills at least 7 in Baghdad
             
          U.S. attack in Iraq kills 100 insurgents
             
          Iraqi president: militants funded from abroad
             
          US offensive in western Iraq kills 75
             
          U.S. offensive in western Iraq kills 75
             
          Family of Australian hostage offers Iraq donation
             
          Seven U.S. servicemembers killed in Iraq
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品三级一区二区三区| 国产在线视频不卡一区二区| 亚洲国产高清av网站| 内射干少妇亚洲69XXX| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 国产亚洲精品自在线| 色爱综合激情五月激情| 漂亮少妇高潮在线观看| 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 曰本超级乱婬Av片免费| 国产成人亚洲精品狼色在线| 国产精品va在线观看无码不卡| 国产福利微视频一区二区| 亚洲色婷婷一区二区| 乱60一70归性欧老妇| 亚洲精品久久久久久婷婷| 熟女少妇精品一区二区| 高清欧美精品一区二区三区| 久久精品亚洲精品国产色婷| 国产婷婷综合在线视频中文| 欧美亚洲精品中文字幕乱码| 乱人伦中文视频在线| 天天影视色香欲综合久久| 国产精品一区二区三区四区| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2o2o| 久久精品国产国产精品四凭| 一区二区韩国福利网站| 日本一区二区三区专线| 国内精品久久久久影院网站| 国产99视频精品免费视频36| 99久久精品美女高潮喷水| 蜜臀av午夜精品福利| 亚洲中文字幕国产av| 精品久久丝袜熟女一二三| 少妇厨房愉情理伦片BD在线观看| 亚洲天堂成人一区二区三区| 国产日韩精品一区在线不卡| 国产精品一区二区三区色| 成av人电影在线观看| 国产成人av一区二区三| 日本在线a一区视频高清视频|