<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Afghan 'thieves' kidnap Italian aid worker
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-17 22:16

          KABUL, Afghanistan - A group described by police as "thieves" claimed responsibility for kidnapping an Italian relief worker in the Afghan capital, police said Tuesday, reinforcing fears that criminals are borrowing tactics used in Iraq.

          Four armed men dragged Clementina Cantoni, 32, from her car in Kabul on Monday. She works for CARE International on a project helping Afghan widows and their families.

          On Tuesday, the group of men contacted authorities to claim responsibility, Gen. Jamil Jumbesh, head of the Interior Ministry's anti-terrorism division, told The Associated Press. He declined to say whether the group made demands.

          "A group of thieves claimed they did the kidnapping," Jumbesh said.

          Cantoni was the first foreigner kidnapped in Afghanistan since three U.N. election workers were seized in October and held for nearly a month.

          Security officials have warned that criminals might try to kidnap foreigners in an attempt to force the release of suspects recently arrested in the U.N. case. Afghan officials have said six men in custody, including a suspected bank robber, have confessed to those kidnappings.

          Police set up checkpoints around the city, said Gen. Mahboubullah Amiri, a police commander in the Interior Ministry.

          "They are searching cars and asking the drivers for their documents, but there are no positive signs so far," Amiri said.

          In Italy, a lawmaker linked the abduction to recent deadly protests in Afghanistan over allegations that U.S. interrogators desecrated Islam's holy book at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Newsweek magazine, which made those allegations in its May 9 issue, retracted the report Monday.

          "I think that it was a reaction to those alleged revelations, even though the article was later denied," Gustavo Selva, who heads a parliamentary foreign affairs commission, was quoted by the Italian news agency ANSA as saying.

          Cantoni's abduction is "painful news, but I am sure that the work of our intelligence together with diplomacy will succeed" in freeing her, Selva said.

          The Italian foreign ministry said a crisis unit was working on the case.

          NATO's security force stationed in Kabul helped mount checkpoints, it said in a statement.

          The multinational troops were "prepared to increase deterring pressure on those who would initiate abductions, attacks or demonstrations in efforts to destabilize the country," it said without elaborating.

          Italian newspapers Tuesday described Cantoni as a combative woman with an ironic wit who worked relentlessly for the needy. After her studies in London, she worked in Bulgaria and Kosovo before heading to Afghanistan, the reports said.

          "She's a no-nonsense person, very determined, with solid experience," La Repubblica daily quoted longtime friend Giuseppe Mastruzzo as saying.

          The aid group said Cantoni had been doing humanitarian work for 10 years and had lived in Afghanistan since March 2002.

          "CARE International is deeply concerned and calls for her immediate release," it said in a brief statement released in Brussels.

          An agency driver had just dropped a Canadian woman at a house in downtown Kabul on Monday evening when the kidnappers driving a sedan cut off the vehicle and abducted Cantoni, said Paul Barker, the agency's director in Afghanistan.

          "Four men carrying Kalashnikovs bashed in the window of her car and took her away. They told the driver not to move or he would be shot," Barker said.

          Marco Formigoni, a family friend, spoke to reporters outside the Cantoni family home in an upscale Milan neighborhood, relaying the family's hope "that this affair ends quickly and well."

          The abduction of Cantoni was the latest in a string of attacks in Kabul and reinforced fears that militants or criminals are copying tactics used in Iraq.

          On May 7, a suicide bomber blew himself up in an Internet cafe in the same area as Monday's abduction, killing a U.N. worker from Myanmar. Last month, an American civilian escaped an apparent kidnapping by throwing himself from a moving car.

          Kabul had been largely free of the fear of the kind of kidnappings rife in Iraq until October, when the U.N. workers — one each from the Philippines, Northern Ireland and Kosovo — were seized at gunpoint in the city.

          It was the second kidnapping of a CARE worker in recent months. Margaret Hassan, CARE's British director in Iraq, was kidnapped in Baghdad in October and believed killed, although her body has not been recovered.

          Italy has had at least eight of its citizens kidnapped in Iraq, and two of them have been killed. An intelligence officer who was escorting a hostage to freedom was mistakenly killed by U.S. soldiers in Baghdad in March.

          Rome's handling of its hostages has come under scrutiny, with many at home and abroad contending that Italy has paid ransom for their release.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu: A developing China will benefit global businesses

           

             
           

          China will act on yuan, but on its terms

           

             
           

          EU to launch consultations on textile imports

           

             
           

          Time Warner in talks for China TV tie-ups

           

             
           

          WHA rejects Taiwan-related proposal

           

             
           

          Chiang: Momentum key to cross-Straits ties

           

             
            Seoul presses Pyongyang on nuclear talks again
             
            Iranian FM arrives in Iraq for landmark visit
             
            Newsweek urged to do more to repair damage
             
            Indonesian court upholds Bashir's terrorism conviction
             
            Second human bird flu case in Vietnam in a week
             
            Harman guilty on 6 Abu Ghraib abuse counts
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Japan seeks clues to fate of Iraq captive
             
          Romania asks Balkan leaders to help free hostages
             
          Japan and Australia face Iraq hostage crises
             
          Militants issue hostage ultimatum in Iraq
             
          Australia firm in face of second hostage tape
             
          Mother-son hostages rescued in Shanghai
             
          Romania asks Iraq kidnappers to extend deadline
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品中文字幕久久| 麻豆国产精品VA在线观看| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁2018| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品| 一本色道国产在线观看二区| 久久精品国产99国产精品严洲| 免费看无码自慰一区二区| 久久亚洲精品无码播放| 国产亚洲精品久久精品6| 九九热久久这里全是精品| 8AV国产精品爽爽ⅤA在线观看| 亚洲国产亚洲综合在线尤物| 99热国产这里只有精品9| 九色精品在线| 国产日韩av二区三区| 97超级碰碰碰免费公开视频| 黑人大荫道bbwbbb高潮潮喷| 日韩高清无码电影网| 亚洲激情视频一区二区三区| 丁香五月亚洲综合深深爱| 人妻内射一区二区在线视频| 亚洲精品成人区在线观看| 国产高清在线精品一本大道| 国产亚洲欧美另类一区二区| 久久综合噜噜激激的五月天| 日夜啪啪一区二区三区| 亚欧AV无码乱码在线观看性色| 婷婷四房播播| 老熟妇国产一区二区三区| 国产四虎永久免费观看| 久久久美女| 国精偷拍一区二区三区| 日韩视频免费| 国产精品爆乳在线播放| 国内揄拍国内精品人妻久久| 高清无码18| 国产精品老熟女免费视频| 国产成人精品1024免费下载| 国产精品∧v在线观看| 中文字幕日韩精品人妻| 色偷偷亚洲女人天堂观看|