<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Rival Koreas meet again; status uncertain
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-19 13:31

          SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea brought up North Korea's worrisome nuclear program again as the countries were wrapping up their first face-to-face talks in 10 months Thursday, with the South trying to downplay prospects for getting Pyongyang to rejoin six-nation talks on the issue.

          Instead, Seoul appeared to be working to salvage some good will, saying that normalizing strained relations was the top priority.

          South Korean Vice Unification Minister Rhee Bong-jo, right, walks with his North Korean counterpart Kim Man Gil before their meeting at the North Korean border city of Kaesong, Thursday, May 19, 2005. The two Koreas on Wednesday extended their first direct talks in 10 months for an additional day as South Korea tried to convince the communist North to return to the nuclear bargaining table. [AP]
          South Korean Vice Unification Minister Rhee Bong-jo, right, walks with his North Korean counterpart Kim Man Gil before their meeting at the North Korean border city of Kaesong, Thursday, May 19, 2005. The two Koreas on Wednesday extended their first direct talks in 10 months for an additional day as South Korea tried to convince the communist North to return to the nuclear bargaining table. [AP]
          Vice Unification Minister Rhee Bong-jo, head of the South's delegation, was asked whether the nuclear issue would be in a joint statement expected at the end of three days of talks that had been scheduled to last for only two. Foreign Minister Ban Kim-Moon earlier said some mention of the nuclear issue must be included in the statement.

          "We are not at a stage to make a hasty conclusion," Rhee said. "We are trying. We will have to have more consultations."

          The North Korean border town of Kaesong was abuzz with activity as the chief delegates met briefly, then turned over work on bridging gaps to groups of lower-level officials.

          "An agreement will be reached," North Korea's chief negotiator Kim Man Gil said.

          The two sides had lunch together in a sign that earlier acrimony had eased. Plans for a group meal on Tuesday had been scrapped.

          But getting results on the South's goal of persuading the North to return to six-nation negotiations on denuclearization was increasingly unlikely.

          Rhee had said he pressed Pyongyang's delegation on the nuclear issue Monday and Tuesday, reporting that he told them that Seoul "could not tolerate" nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula.

          But he said the North only listened without comment. South Korea's Yonhap news agency, quoting an unidentified Seoul official, said the North did not want any mention of the nuclear issue in the final statement.

          Concern over North Korea's nuclear program intensified last week when Pyongyang said it had taken a step that could lead to harvesting weapons-grade plutonium. U.S. officials warned of unspecified action if the North conducts a nuclear test.

          South Korea has found itself walking a tightrope during the talks, trying to appease domestic pressure for some improvement in relations with the North, while international allies pressed for action on the nuclear issue.

          But the North has persistently resisted discussing the nuclear issue with the South and wants direct talks with Washington instead. The U.S. says the negotiations must be multilateral, because the issue affects other countries.

          "As the North Korean nuclear issue is at a crucial phase, the resumption of six-party talks is very important for peace on the Korean Peninsula," South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon told a news conference Wednesday, referring to negotiations involving the United States, China, Japan, Russia and the two Koreas.

          North Korea has boycotted the negotiations since a third round ended last June. On Monday, South Korea promised a major new "proposal" if the North returns to the bargaining table.

          No details on the proposal were given, but South Korean media speculated that Seoul would offer massive aid to the North.

          North Korea claimed in February that it has nuclear weapons and said it would indefinitely boycott arms talks until Washington drops its "hostile" policy. It said last week it would strengthen its nuclear arsenal, and that it had removed spent fuel rods from a reactor — a possible step toward extracting weapons-grade plutonium.

          U.S. officials reported last week that spy satellites spotted construction of a tunnel and a reviewing stand in North Korea — possible indications of a coming nuclear test. South Korean officials have dismissed such reports as lacking firm evidence.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China slams US over textiles, denies yuan manipulation

           

             
           

          Premier Wen: China to sustain rapid growth

           

             
           

          Wu urges free trade agreement with Japan

           

             
           

          Coal mine blast traps 51 miners underground

           

             
           

          More aid to help Mideast peace process

           

             
           

          US raising tensions over China's currency

           

             
            Alleged Al-Zarqawi tape denounces Shiites
             
            Japan calls for isles compromises with Russia
             
            Official: Iran won't give up nuke program
             
            Bush proposes corps to aid new democracies
             
            Ex-Taliban Foreign Minister to seek office
             
            Surge of Israeli-Palestinian violence strains truce
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人区精品一区二区婷婷| 国产爆乳乱码女大生Av| 亚洲精品综合一区二区| 中文字幕少妇人妻精品| 日韩精品一区二区av在线观看| 亚洲精品亚洲人成人网| 九色国产精品一区二区久久| 国内精品久久久久影视| 国产综合久久亚洲综合| 亚洲综合无码中文字幕第2页| 99久久精品国产一区二区蜜芽| 9色国产深夜内射| 国产午夜精品在人线播放| 男女啪啪高潮激烈免费版 | 国产午夜精品久久精品电影| 色吊丝一区二区中文字幕| 深夜国产成人福利在线观看| 亚洲一区二区精品偷拍| 99久久久无码国产精品9| 国产成人亚洲精品在线看| 亚洲精品无码日韩国产不卡av| 久久精品中文无码资源站| 午夜久久水蜜桃一区二区| 中国成人黄色自拍视频| 久久综合国产一区二区三区| 亚洲欧美人成电影在线观看| 精品国产一区二区三区久久女人 | 亚洲专区在线观看第三页| 一区二区三区午夜福利院| 国产十八禁在线观看免费| 粉嫩蜜臀av一区二区绯色| 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 女人高潮被爽到呻吟在线观看 | 精品综合一区二区三区四区| 国产精品久久久久人妻无码| 色综合色综合色综合频道| 国产日韩久久免费影院| 久久99热成人精品国产| 久久AV中文综合一区二区| 成在人线av无码免费| 天堂网在线观看|