<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Romanian hostages freed in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-23 07:59

          Three Romanian journalists kidnapped in Iraq were freed on Sunday after two months in captivity, one of the few security breakthroughs since insurgents launched an upsurge in deadly attacks last month.

          "It was an operation handled 100 percent by the Romanian secret services, which cooperated in an excellent way," Romanian President Traian Basescu told reporters. He did not elaborate. "They will arrive tomorrow in Bucharest from Baghdad with a military plane."

          The abductors had set a deadline for their execution of April 27 unless Romania, a staunch supporter of the United States, withdrew its 800 troops from Iraq, where about 150 foreigners have been kidnapped over the last two years.

          Romanian President Traian Basescu gestures while addressing the media in Bucharest Sunday May 22, 2005.Three Romanian journalists were freed Sunday after nearly two months held hostage in Iraq, President Traian Basescu said.The journalists were in the custody of Romanian authorities and were expected home Monday, he said. (AP
          Romanian President Traian Basescu gestures while addressing the media in Bucharest Sunday May 22, 2005. Three Romanian journalists were freed Sunday after nearly two months held hostage in Iraq, President Traian Basescu said. The journalists were in the custody of Romanian authorities and were expected home Monday, he said. [AP]
          Prima TV reporter Marie Jeanne Ion, cameraman Sorin Miscoci and reporter for Romania Libera daily Ovidiu Ohanesian, along with their translator Mohamad Munaf, were kidnapped in late March. Romania said they were now under the control of Romanian authorities. Munaf has U.S., Romanian and Iraqi citizenship.

          Arab TV channel Al Jazeera aired part of a tape it said it received from the group holding the Romanians in which a masked man sits next to the three while reading from a statement explaining why they were about to free the hostages.

          The group decided to release the hostages in response to calls by influential Saudi preacher Salman al-Odeh and Muslims in Romania, Jazeera said.

          Several high-profile kidnappings in recent weeks have deepened a security crisis that has deteriorated sharply since a new Iraq government was formed late last month.

          Mainly Sunni Muslim insurgents have escalated attacks on officials and security forces since a Shi'ite-dominated government was sworn in, handing power to Iraq's majority religious sect for the first time in decades.

          Tit-for-tat attacks between Sunnis and Shi'ites have raised fears that the violence could spark civil war.

          Basescu said he was deeply worried earlier this week when the presidency received a photo showing Ion wearing orange overalls, which experts generally describe as "the color of death," as abductors had in the past dressed hostages in the color to show their death threats were serious.

          OTHERS STILL HELD

          French journalist Florence Aubenas was taken hostage in Iraq in January and the French government welcomed the Romanians' release:

          "We're very happy for the liberation of the three journalists, for them, their families and press freedom," French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier told Reuters in Brussels.

          Other foreign captives remain unaccounted for at a time when insurgents and militants are stepping up violence and exerting more pressure on American allies in Iraq to withdraw their troops by threatening to kill their abducted nationals.

          Militants holding Australian citizen Douglas Wood, 63, who is married to an American, have threatened to kill him unless Australia starts withdrawing its troops from Iraq. Their deadline has passed, with no word on Wood's fate.

          An Islamic militant group says it captured a badly wounded Japanese citizen -- Akihiko Saito, a 44-year-old security consultant and veteran of the French Foreign Legion -- in an ambush near a U.S. base in Iraq earlier this month.

          The group showed a video of an ambush of a convoy that it said led to the capture of Saito. Others who were also captured and condemned as "agents of the crusaders" were dragged out of their vehicles, lined up on the ground and shot repeatedly.

          Startling videos of shaken hostages pleading for their lives are part of a bloody guerrilla campaign to destabilize the country, where thousands of Iraqis have also been abducted.

          Iraq's government wants to convince Iraqis and foreign countries that its security forces are improving and will eventually take over from about 140,000 U.S. troops.

          But mounting violence that has killed more than 500 people since late April suggests insurgents are getting stronger, carrying out almost daily suicide bombings and shootings that have fueled sectarian tensions.

          Gunmen shot dead a senior official in Iraq's trade ministry as he was being driven to work in Baghdad on Sunday, police said, the latest in a series of assassinations of senior government employees.

          Ali Mousa Salman, a director general at the ministry, was killed after leaving his home in central Baghdad. His driver was also killed and three other people were wounded.

          In recent months, more than a dozen senior government officials have been shot dead in Baghdad in well planned attacks.

          At least five Iraqi commandos were killed late on Saturday in an ambush in the town of Baiji, 180 km (112 miles) north of the capital, Iraqi police said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Poultry gets bird flu vaccine in Qinghai plateau

           

             
           

          Hu: Diaglogue needed for difficult ties

           

             
           

          Nationwide war on pollutants expands

           

             
           

          Researchers reach top of the world for survey

           

             
           

          Lucky miner escapes two pit blasts

           

             
           

          Joy as end to Taiwan trip deadlock in sight

           

             
            Iraq releases terminally ill Saddam aide
             
            EU not desired to reimpose quotas on China's textiles
             
            Afghan president 'shocked' by abuse report
             
            Paper prints more photos of Saddam in jail
             
            Pentagon condemns publishing Saddam photos
             
            Shiites stage mass anti-U.S. protests
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲啪啪精品一区二区的| 亚洲精品码中文在线观看| 国产精品熟女孕妇一区二区| 国产精品欧美亚洲韩国日本| 亚洲国内精品一区二区| 性欧美巨大乳| 无人去码一码二码三码区| 久久一本人碰碰人碰| 亚洲第一视频区| 午夜免费国产体验区免费的| 精品久久久久久中文字幕大豆网| 午夜男女爽爽影院在线| 国产成年码av片在线观看| 国产亚洲真人做受在线观看| 成A人片亚洲日本久久| 中文字幕av中文字无码亚| 日韩国产中文字幕精品| 色二av手机版在线| 国产福利高颜值在线观看| 欧美最猛黑人xxxx| 日韩人妻无码精品久久| 青草视频在线播放| 亚洲中文字幕精品第三区| 精品精品亚洲高清a毛片| 这里只有精品免费视频| 小雪被老外黑人撑破了视频| 国产一区二区三区啪| 中文字幕无码白丝袜| 无码国内精品人妻少妇| 亚洲国产精品第一二三区| 日韩av裸体在线播放| 亚洲天堂网中文在线资源| 纯肉高h啪动漫| 亚洲精品www久久久久久| 国产日韩精品一区二区在线观看播放 | 免费av网站| 亚洲高清aⅴ日本欧美视频| 大香伊蕉在人线国产免费| 国产chinese男男gaygay网站| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 人妻丰满熟妞av无码区|