<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          U.S. under fire at nuclear arms control meeting
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-26 09:02

          The United States is sending the wrong signal to signatories of the global pact against nuclear weapons by backing out of previous arms control pledges, arms experts and diplomats said on Wednesday.

          The 188 parties to the 1970 Non-Proliferation Treaty are near the end of a monthlong conference that participants said would almost certainly fail to agree on any steps to improve the pact aimed at halting the spread of nuclear arms.

          "The chances are very slim," said Abdul Minty, head of South Africa's delegation, "There is a big divide ... The U.S. is developing new nuclear weapons and we want to know against whom."

          Minty complimented U.S. officials for eventually permitting agenda items they would have preferred to ignore. But he said America's refusal to reaffirm its "unequivocal commitment" to disarmament was problematic for many treaty signatories.

          Washington has been exploring the idea of developing smaller atomic weapons -- "mini nukes" or "bunker busters."

          The U.N.-sponsored conference, which began on May 2 and ends on Friday, bogged down from the start in wrangling over the agenda and allocation of work among committees.

          Nuclear activists and diplomats blamed the delays on a dispute between Iran and the United States over what Washington sees as Tehran's atomic weapons ambitions -- a charge Iran denies.

          Jonathan Granoff, president of U.S.-based Global Security Institute, assailed the Bush administration for renouncing the 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, which Washington signed during the Clinton administration but had not ratified.

          "Why should anyone expect that any commitments we make now would be treated any differently five years from now, if the commitment we made 10 years ago can be so readily dispensed with," Granoff said.

          One U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Bush administration would never agree to a pact like the test ban treaty "that limits our options in a state of war."

          Some analysts condemned this as irresponsible. "The principle that the U.S. is establishing is that governments can renege on the commitments of their predecessors in office," observed Joseph Cinincione, an arms expert at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

          The United States, Russia, China, France and Britain tried to agree on a joint statement that included language on Iran and North Korea, which says it already has nuclear weapons, U.S. and European diplomats said on Tuesday.

          However, a senior diplomat involved in the conference said the five powers had so far failed to agree on a text. "It's very unlikely at this point," he said. "They've been unable to agree on disarmament and other issues."

          Diplomats said there would probably be no consensus statement out of the conference, confirming it was the failure many participants had expected it would be.

          But another diplomat said it was unfair to blame the United States, saying critics were missing the point of the conference. "This is not about disarmament, it's about stopping proliferation," the diplomat said.

          U.S. and other officials have accused Iran and Egypt of using the non-aligned block of developing states as a vehicle to push anti-American and anti-Israel agendas.

          Egypt pushed the conference to call on Israel, which is assumed to have some 200 nuclear warheads, to sign the nonproliferation treaty, which it has not done.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China, Uzbekistan sign $600m oil agreement

           

             
           

          Tsang resigns to run in Hong Kong by-election

           

             
           

          EU set deadline on resolving textile dispute

           

             
           

          FBI memo: Guantanamo guards flushing Koran

           

             
           

          Boy hiding in gear compartment killed

           

             
           

          Malaysians could face death for trafficking

           

             
            Car bomb in Madrid injures 52
             
            Iran renews nuclear promise, Straw says
             
            Web posting claims al-Zarqawi fled Iraq
             
            Key oil pipeline launched, breaks Russia grip on Caspian energy
             
            US halts recovery effort in North Korea
             
            US, SKorean leader to meet amid guessing game over nuclear stalemate
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Steps needed for nuclear treaty goals
             
          China underlines importance of strengthening authority of NPT
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成全影视大全在线观看| 青草视频在线观看入口| 成人乱码一区二区三区四区| 亚洲中文字幕人妻系列| 精品国产成人一区二区| 国产精一品亚洲二区在线播放| 亚洲精品日韩精品久久| 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添无码| 亚洲精品成人7777在线观看| 国产激情精品一区二区三区| 久久精品视频一二三四区| 久久这里都是精品二| 图片区小说区av区| 被黑人伦流澡到高潮HNP动漫 | WWW丫丫国产成人精品| 麻豆一区二区中文字幕| 偷拍亚洲一区二区三区| 国产午夜91福利一区二区| 亚洲精品欧美综合二区| 思思久99久女女精品| 欧美高清精品一区二区| 欧美成人精品高清在线播放| 国产好大好硬好爽免费不卡| 国产成人亚洲精品日韩激情| 亚洲国产精品高清线久久| 亚洲最大有声小说AV网| 中文字幕无码精品亚洲35| 久女女热精品视频在线观看| 欧美特黄三级在线观看| 亚洲乱色熟女一区二区蜜臀| 亚洲精品久久久久国色天香| 国产亚洲久久久久久久| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 亚洲少妇人妻无码视频| 国产午夜A理论毛片| 乱色熟女综合一区二区| 天堂在线最新版在线天堂| 亚洲精品久综合蜜| 一二三四中文字幕日韩乱码| 欧美高清精品一区二区| 久久精品国产亚洲AⅤ无码|