<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          U.S. helicopter fired on in Iraq, crashes
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-27 08:39

          A U.S. helicopter has crashed in Iraq after being shot at and the fate of its crew remains unknown, the U.S. military said in a statement on Friday.

          It said two helicopters received small arms fire near Baquba 60 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad on Thursday night.

          One sustained damage but landed safely at a U.S. base and the "other aircraft crashed and the status of the aircrew is unknown at this time," the statement said.

          "Coalition forces responded to the scene and secured the site," it said.

          A defense official at the Pentagon in Washington said the aircraft was an OH-58 Kiowa, a single-engine two-seater helicopter.

          The official had no word on casualties. He said there was no confirmation that the helicopter was shot down.

          Insurgents, who appear to have launched a fresh wave of violence in Iraq, frequently fire on U.S. aircraft and have brought down several helicopters before.

          Iraqi ministers said on Thursday the government would pour tens of thousands of Iraqi troops into Baghdad in an unprecedented operation to seal off the city and hunt insurgents.

          Defense Minister Sadoun al-Dulaimi said 40,000 Iraqi troops would be deployed in Baghdad for Operation Thunder, the biggest Iraqi military operation since the fall of Saddam Hussein. Backed by the 10,000 U.S. troops in Baghdad, they will set up hundreds of checkpoints and block roads into the capital.

          The move comes a day after U.S. forces launched Operation New Market, a security sweep in the town of Haditha, 200 km (125 miles) northwest of Baghdad, where 1,000 U.S. Marines and sailors, backed by Iraqi troops, are searching for militants.

          Operation New Market is the second major offensive in the area this month as U.S. and Iraqi forces step up their hunt for followers of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian militant who heads al Qaeda's network in Iraq.

          The U.S. military said a Marine was killed by gunfire during the operation on Wednesday. Since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003, at least 1,647 American military personnel have lost their lives in Iraq.

          DEFENSIVE TO OFFENSIVE

          The dramatic rise in suicide bombings and ambushes by mostly Sunni Arab guerrillas has killed more than 600 Iraqis in the last four weeks and raised fears that Iraq could slide toward civil war if the Shi'ite-led government does not deliver on pledges of stability.

          Dulaimi said the crackdown would expand to other parts of Iraq after starting in Baghdad. But he did not say where the extra troops would come from or what their level of training would be. Many Iraqi troops are undertrained and underequipped.

          "These operations will aim to turn the government's role from defensive to offensive," Iraqi Interior Minister Bayan Jabor said at a news conference announcing the operation.

          Despite the announcement, attacks persisted nationwide, with at least 15 people killed in bomb blasts and shootings.

          An Internet posting this week apparently from the al Qaeda organization in Iraq said Zarqawi, for whom Washington is offering a $25 million bounty, had been wounded in fighting, although it did not say when, where or how.

          Other reports on the Web said he had been shot in the chest, but these could not be independently confirmed.

          Jabor said he had confirmation that Zarqawi had been wounded. But Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari later said there was no firm news. "We don't yet have accurate information on this matter," Jaafari told reporters.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Battles won on drugs, but war rages on

           

             
           

          China wants Games torch on Mt.Qomolangma

           

             
           

          Shanghai targeting at property bubbles

           

             
           

          FM: Talks only way to East China Sea row

           

             
           

          Focus on security, airlines instructed

           

             
           

          Nestle baby formula pulled off the shelves

           

             
            40,000 Iraqis to form shield in Baghdad
             
            US democrats force delay of Bolton final vote
             
            Iraqi government says Al-Zarqawi wounded
             
            World must race against time to save Darfur -Annan
             
            US House passes 491-billion defense bill with new money for Iraq war
             
            WTO agrees entry talks with Iran
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          40,000 Iraqis to form shield in Baghdad
             
          Car bomb kills 3 in Baghdad; Shi'ite assassinated
             
          1,000 U.S. troops launch offensive in Iraq
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 成年在线观看免费人视频| 久久SE精品一区精品二区| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区中文| 亚洲伊人精品久视频国产| 国产大陆av一区二区三区| 国产品精品久久久久中文| 偷拍精品一区二区三区| 精品视频无码一区二区三区| 久热这里有精彩视频免费| 亚洲色无码专线精品观看| 亚洲天堂男人天堂女人天堂| 中文字幕久久精品波多野结| 日本夜爽爽一区二区三区| 蜜桃在线一区二区三区| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线不卡| 亚洲乱理伦片在线观看中字| 国产在线拍揄自揄视精品不卡 | 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 国内精品视频区在线2021| 色99久久久久高潮综合影院| 久久综合干| 国产日韩av免费无码一区二区三区| 爱啪啪精品一区二区三区| 国产喷白浆精品一区二区| 国产高清自产拍av在线| 国精产品一品二品国精破解| 国产成人精品区一区二区| 67194熟妇人妻欧美日韩| 九色国产精品一区二区久久| 少妇真人直播免费视频| 国产成人黄色自拍小视频| 日本熟妇色xxxxx日本免费看 | 日韩一区在线中文字幕| 无码专区aaaaaa免费视频| 午夜在线观看成人av| 最新国产麻豆aⅴ精品无码| 久久av中文字幕资源网| 国产精品爆乳在线播放| 亚洲熟妇熟女久久精品一区| 欧美日韩视频综合一区无弹窗 |