<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Donors pledge nearly $300m for Darfur force
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-28 08:34

          Donors have pledged nearly $300 million to fund a bigger African Union (AU) force to help end fighting in Sudan's western Darfur region, AU officials said on Friday.

          They said Canada gave the biggest contribution of $133 million, followed by the United States with $50 million and Britain with $12 million. Smaller donations will come from other countries.

          The AU had requested $466 million to more than triple its force to about 7,900 troops.

          The 53-nation AU has deployed about 2,300 troops to monitor a shaky ceasefire in Darfur, with international financial backing to pay for the mission, but experts say the force is far too small to patrol an area the size of France. It first deployed in August.

          "The donors also agreed to provide helicopters, armored personnel carriers, trucks and fuel," an AU official said.

          The European Union and NATO have agreed to provide air transport, materiel and training for the expanded AU force.

          Canada offered 25 helicopters, two planes and more than 100 armored personnel carriers, the officials said. Britain is offering 400 troop transport trucks, and Germany and France will provide airlift services.

          Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick, who will visit Darfur next week, said Sudan was striving to resolve the conflict in remarks that contrasted with past U.S. criticism that Khartoum supported genocide and did little to end the violence.

          "I believe the government is working toward finding (a) political solution," Zoellick told reporters.

          Zoellick, who has made Sudan one of his top priorities since taking up his post earlier this year, said government gunships and helicopters were no longer used against rebels in a sign Khartoum now wanted peace.

          Also on Friday, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan arrived in Sudan for a three-day visit to see the current AU force in operation and speak with Sudan's leaders about upcoming peace talks over Darfur.

          About 180,000 people have died in Darfur through violence, hunger and disease since rebels took up arms against the Arab-dominated government in February 2003.

          The rebels accuse Khartoum of arming local Arab militia who have burned down villages and killed and raped civilians. Khartoum denies the charge.

          Efforts to solve the crisis peacefully have been stalled for the past six months, but AU-mediated talks between the rebels and Khartoum are expected to resume by June 10 in the Nigerian capital Abuja.

          Abdel Wahid Mohammed Ahmed Nour, chairman of the rebel Sudan Liberation Movement, on Friday told Reuters he would "go to the negotiations without restrictions or conditions."

          He also welcomed the appointment of Salim Ahmed Salim, a Tanzanian who once led the AU's predecessor body, as special envoy to the talks.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Nation ready as bird flu outbreak is stemmed

           

             
           

          Private firms to compete for defence bids

           

             
           

          Safety official owned mine; 18 killed in blast

           

             
           

          Proposed bill to boost Chinese in US schools

           

             
           

          China tries to prod US to lift quotas

           

             
           

          China firm as US steps up yuan pressure

           

             
            Saudi Arabia's King Fahd hospitalized
             
            World split on nuclear arms despite danger
             
            Germany ratifies EU constitution, hopes to boost French 'yes' lobby
             
            International donors have pledged US$300 million for peacekeeping troops
             
            Proposed bill to boost Chinese in US schools
             
            Suspected suicide blast in Pakistan kills 18
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          International donors have pledged US$300 million for peacekeeping troops
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 女人18毛片水真多| 伊人色综合九久久天天蜜桃| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 欧美日韩在线永久免费播放| 老司机亚洲精品一区二区| 国产a网站| 国产内射性高湖| 香蕉亚洲欧洲在线一区| 人妻无码ΑV中文字幕久久琪琪布 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A | 久久久久久一级毛片免费无遮挡 | 国产三级精品三级在线观看| 国产一区二区三区小说| 国产亚洲tv在线观看| 日韩av一区二区三区精品| 五月天国产成人AV免费观看| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区四区| 国产仑乱无码内谢| 伊人无码一区二区三区| 免费无码成人AV片在线| 99热国产成人最新精品| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 久久精品人妻无码专区| 亚洲鸥美日韩精品久久| 太粗太深了太紧太爽了动态图男男| 久久人人爽人人片AV欢迎您| 亚洲一区二区av观看| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 欧美裸体xxxx极品| 国产一区二区视频在线| 中年国产丰满熟女乱子正在播放| 日韩有码国产精品一区| 色综合色国产热无码一| 亚洲精品久久区二区三区蜜桃臀| 亚洲一区二区三区激情在线| 久久亚洲欧美日本精品| 中文国产成人精品久久一| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影 | 国产日韩一区二区在线| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 日韩秘 无码一区二区三区| 亚洲av成人免费在线|